Been watching MASH

Used to watch it twice a night; 3 times on Mondays (new episodes). :)

. There is not to much good tv these days.
There are tons of good shows...but they aren't on the heritage networks. I never got into MASH but not sure why. I certainly liked a number of the actors in it.

There are tons of good shows...but they aren't on the heritage networks. I never got into MASH but not sure why. I certainly liked a number of the actors in it.

Greys and Modern family are the only shows I watch. Also like the goldbergs and can’t remeber the name...it’s ended in May/June...the hexes. But half the time I miss them.

Heck we watched cheers a few times on Netflix.

The thing is, reality shows are far cheaper to make. Offer a million dollar prize and viola. With a show like Mash, these days, Alda would be making upwards of that each episode and the rest of the regulars probably near that as well. And if you notice, of the reality shows that aren't competition shows, many a reality TV show has been cancelled because the men and women that the show is about get found out as a fake or demand too much money.

I was a loyal MASH watcher from its debut through its finale. I must admit that I enjoyed the original cast most, and missed Col Blake and Trapper when they left. And Col Blake’s farewell episode still gets me when I see it!

One thing about Mash that is remarkable is just how fast that show could turn from comedy to drama and do it well. Very few shows can pull that off.

Mash also survived quite a few changes in its cast of main characters. Very few shows pull that off either.

I was a loyal MASH watcher from its debut through its finale. I must admit that I enjoyed the original cast most, and missed Col Blake and Trapper when they left. And Col Blake’s farewell episode still gets me when I see it!

Those are fightin words! I'll take Col Potter over Blake any day. (Although I definitely could have done without Frank Burns.)

Reactions: ICF
One thing about Mash that is remarkable is just how fast that show could turn from comedy to drama and do it well. Very few shows can pull that off.

Mash also survived quite a few changes in its cast of main characters. Very few shows pull that off either.

Yes, they were able to mix comedy and drama very well. And as seen above, not only did they survive major character changes, some preferred the changes.

It was also interesting how they were able to take the same actor who played a loony general in an episode and use him as Col Potter! I always liked Morgan. I guess Dragnet was where I first regularly saw him.
Right? I never saw MASH in first-run, so when I was watching old episodes and saw him as the loony general I was rolling on the floor laughing since I'd only known him as Col Potter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter