beer at world showcase

eeyorefreak25

Earning My Ears
Is it true that the beer from Japan was made at an Aneheuser Busch factories. If so how can they say that it is a true Japanese beer if it was made in America but just have a Japanese logo on the front. I also heard that this beer tasted just like Bud Light. So are we being decieved by this?

I'm not sure about the Kirin. I know that if you Lowenbrau in the states it's made by Miller. Some agreement between the breweries.

Regardless, I didn't think it tasted like Bud Light when I had it last Feb.

Not sure about that but it didn't taste like Bud Light to me..that stuff is swill! The Kirin was good.

If you are speaking about Kirin--unless something has changed, I believe it is brewed in Japan.
And jcrawford/eeyore2U are right--no comparison between Kirin and Bud Lite.

Originally posted by eeyorefreak25
Is it true that the beer from Japan was made at an Aneheuser Busch factories. If so how can they say that it is a true Japanese beer if it was made in America but just have a Japanese logo on the front. I also heard that this beer tasted just like Bud Light. So are we being decieved by this?

I don't know where the Kirin beer is brewed but I wouldn't be surprised if it was somewhere outside of Japan. When I visited the Guinness brewery in Dublin, they mentioned that they also produce Guinness outside of Ireland.

Many of the overseas brewers (Guiness, Becks, etc) have contracts with US Brewers to brew their beer here in the states... Some of the alcohol contents/pasturizations/ etc are different in the US than overseas... So, just because you're drinking a Guiness or a Bass doesn't mean it was brewed in that country...

Sometimes people that aren't experienced with different types of beers make the assumption that if it's a light beer it tastes like Bud Light. My DH is one of those-- says Kirin tastes like Bud Light. It does NOT. Kirin, incidentally, is an authentic Japanese beer. It's very popular and served at just about any Japanese restaurant you try.

Kirin is bottled is Canada.

A lot of imported beers are bottled in Canada so that they are still technically 'imported' but are not made and bottled in the actual country of origin.

Someone mentioned Guinness earlier. Guinness is partially brewed and bottled in Canada also. The 'Pub Draught' in the cans and bottles is made in Ireland.

Bass is still made in Burton-on-Trent, England.

Next thing you know, we'll be talking about champagnes from California.....blasphemy! ;)

-Andrew

I've had Kirin both here in the U.S. and in Japan. They're two different beers. For one thingk, the one in Japan has a higher alcohol content.

Anheuser-Busch does brew Kirin. Anheuser-Busch has an equity partnership with Kirin. Kirin is brewed in Los Angeles. Kirin is not Bud Light or Budweiser. Kirin has it own separate recipe and has been brewed that way since 1888. Budweiser has been brewed since 1876. The only thing that Budweiser and Kirin have in common is that they are both lager beers.

Please feel free to call Anheuser-Busch at 1-800-DIAL-BUD.
Or visit them at Anheuser-Busch, Inc. .

Lori

Originally posted by kpatches
What is the difference in Guinness Draught and Guinness Stout????

From the Guinness FAQ

Draught Guinness (Ireland, NA), is smooth full-bodied and creamy. Despite its body, it is a rather mild beer (OG 1039, 3.4% abw, 4.2% abv). This beer is pasteurized. There are many local variations of this product. The canned Pub Draught Guinness using the draught-flow system is a packaged version of this beer.

Guinness Extra Stout/Guinness Original (bottled, available widely) is stronger with even more stout bite. MJ reports this to be 4.8% abw, 6.0% abv, but one poster says that in advertising from Guinness Imports, the strength is listed as 5.6%. This product is licensed for production widely around the world.

Or, in simpler terms, as my DH put it - the Draught a cheap imitation of Guinness out of the tap. (he's the big Guinness fan, not me) :)

Originally posted by kpatches
What is the difference in Guinness Draught and Guinness Stout????

One addition to MadMadamMim's excellent response . . .

bottled Guinness tastes awful. :earseek:

Thanks to MADMADAMMIM and POOH&PIGLET for their replys!!!!!! Now which one would you recommend if the Guinness on tap is not available???? Draught or Stout in can or bottle?????? Just discovered Guinness recently!!!!!!!! My husband thinks I am crazy since I never drank beer. I am 55 years old and was having a problem drinking wine. I think I might have some kind of allergic reaction to it. Decided to try beer and Guinness is my favorite!!!!!!!

Forgot to ask in my previous reply. Where do they have Guinness on tap in Disneyworld?????? I know they have it at Rose and Crown but are there any lounges at the resorts that have it on tap???????????

kpatches,
Try the Pub-Draught cans. Avoid the bottles, they don't taste like what you get in a bar. You can also get Murphy's and Beamish in the cans.

I know they have it at Rose and Crown but are there any lounges at the resorts that have it on tap?
Good question, why not post a new thread.

The only place I can really think of that has guiness on tap is at Rose & Crown... not sure about many restaurants since I usually get wine... The Guiness Drought in the can with the nitrous cartridge is wonderful... they also recently began offering it in a pseudo-bottle... it's a large bottle (not sure it's glass), but it too has the Nitrous cartridge in it... very few places carry the Guiness Stout glass bottles... it does have a very different taste than the Guiness Drought. I think the Crew's Cup lounge at the Yacht Club has guiness on tap (I think...)..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter