Beginning of Stay Hotel

bit413

Earning My Ears
We always seem to end up resort hopping on trips! We are coming down for spring break in March. I finally just found reasonable flights for a Thursday (landing at 4). I thought we were flying in Friday and made a reservation for POFQ for Friday night. Saturday we transfer to AKL with a savannah view. Monday we move to a 2 bedroom at OKW until the following Saturday. There is no availability at POFQ for the Thursday night. I was trying to keep our nightly cost down to below $300. The only availability at that price is Coronado Springs. I'm not excited about staying at a construction zone. We have always stayed on property but I am wondering if it would be smarter to stay at one of the Disney Springs hotels.any thoughts?

It's one night and you don't land until 4. I don't think construction will really be an issue, do you? Just have your luggage transferred over to POFQ first thing Friday.

Or get a cheaper hotel at Disney Spring and just go out to dinner, then transfer to POFQ next day. But you'll have to take your own luggage I think.

CS is a really nice resort but I haven't visited since the construction. If you stayed around DS at least you'd be in proximity of something to do your first night(if you weren't planning to do a park that evening.)

We just flew out a day early at the last minute. We were able to get the Dolphin for only $135 for the night ($185 taxes and resort fee included). It was a beautiful room and fine for a place to crash until we moved the next morning. Beds were comfortable, free bottled water and Starbucks coffee in the room. Beautiful view and convenient location. Perfect!

Would you consider switching the one night at POFQ to two nights at a different hotel completely? You already have 3 different hotels, and 4th may be too much transferring.
That is exactly what I am debating. I am leaning toward the same hotel for both nights. I am worried about the new policy of cancelling a reservation and losing Fastpasses. Would that affect us in that case?

That is exactly what I am debating. I am leaning toward the same hotel for both nights. I am worried about the new policy of cancelling a reservation and losing Fastpasses. Would that affect us in that case?

Shouldn’t be a problem if you book something else that has a 60-day FP window, and link that in MDE before you cancel.

Also, has anyone reported FP being actually cancelled or just the pop up that they might be?

I would also lean towards staying at the same hotel for two nights. I can’t speak for Coronado Springs as I haven’t stayed there during construction, but I’m sure it would make it much easier than having to move from a fourth hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!