• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Behind the "Grand" Design

cal2net

Earning My Ears
Just watched the webcast on the villas at Grand Floridian. It looks to be amazing!

I thought it looked beautiful as well. The incentives they are offering are not great though. Nothing for VGF and only $500 off of AKV and AUL if you buy 160 points.

I thought at the very end they offered $1600 off the contract price and something about park tickets, if you bought before Sept 7th (or around there). Maybe I missed whatever prequalifications they may have stated, but I thought it was for watching the preview.

The "explorer" link that always gets updated was showing the theme park ticket bonus (4 - 5 day hoppers for WDW or 2- DL PAP) or you could get a bigger discount..I'm not sure if the gift card is on top of those existing promos?

Of course, nothing for a VGF addition. And if a Feb UY gets no '13 points, I could wait til Jan '15 and get the same number of points as buying now.

I thought it looked beautiful as well. The incentives they are offering are not great though. Nothing for VGF and only $500 off of AKV and AUL if you buy 160 points.

later in the video they added a $1920 credit plus the (four) 5 day hoppers for WDW or 2 DL premiere annual passes. I thought the incentives were good but we have no interest in adding on now, especially at AKV or AUL.

I was let down by the webcast. I was expecting more. More behind the scenes. It is hard to explain just more.

They only showed one type of room. I guess because it is under construction there wasn't more to show. :sad:

Kim

I liked the webcast and Samantha Brown does a great job for DVC as a presenter. VGF looks beautiful, but if we add on to what we have it will probably be a small add on at the Polynesian someday for short every other year stays.

My memory may be fuzzy but I thought you received a $500 GC plus a $1,600 rebate plus a choice of four 5-day PH or two DL premier passes if you bought 160 points at AKV or Aulani.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

later in the video they added a $1920 credit plus the (four) 5 day hoppers for WDW or 2 DL premiere annual passes. I thought the incentives were good but we have no interest in adding on now, especially at AKV or AUL.

DH and I just watched the webcast and we too thought that the incentives were good. We are thinking about adding on but not at AUL or AKV either...I would of loved to of seen an incentive for some of the older sold out resorts, like BCV, then we would of definitely jumped on it :goodvibes.

Just watched the webcast on the villas at Grand Floridian. It looks to be amazing!

I agree! DH and I are on a fence as to whether we will add on there. We have March UY and can wait until next year, since we don't get any points now.

My memory may be fuzzy but I thought you received a $500 GC plus a $1,600 rebate plus a choice of four 5-day PH or two DL premier passes if you bought 160 points at AKV or Aulani.

This is what I understood too.

Does anyone know where to find the Grand Floridian points chart. I am once again having a hard time logging into the DVC website. It is saying unsupported browser

Everything is correct except for rebate amount. If you get at least 160 points then rebate at minimum is $1920. So I expect that the more points you get then the higher the rebate will be. It's sad that this is only offered for AKV or Aulani. Otherwise, VGF will be sold out by now - lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter