Behind the scenes tours

mommy2mrb

Mama to a Princess - But I'm A Scrap Princess!
would like some opinions from anyone who has done any of the behind the scenes tours.

Will be there 11/20-11/24 2018 for a belated HS graduation trip for my DD who will be over 18 so we can finally take a tour.

Thank you!

We've done a number of them, most of which have changed since we've done them. We did the one at WDW, I think it's called behind the magic? At the time we did it, you got there fairly early and walked around with your group, rode some rides and had lunch, went in the underground. Not sure if they ride the rides now. We also did one where they took you to all the parks (I think there may have only been 3 back then), did behind the scenes stuff at each park and rode some rides in each park. It was like 7 hours so of course lunch was included. That was back when HS was MGM and a working studio so you go to go behind the scenes of the actual studio. They don't offer that any more, I do think they do the ultimate thrill ride or something like that. We did the Behind the Seeds tour at The Land in Epcot a couple of times, it's cheap about $20 and there are discounts and we really enjoy it. It only takes about 1/2 hour or so. We've also been diving in the Living Seas a couple of times, they walk you around the inside of the Seas pavillion and show you a lot of behind the scenes stuff there before you dive for about 15 or 20 minutes. Kind of expensive but fun if you are a diver. We've done the Wanyama Safari at AKL, which at the time was only for people staying there at the lodge but now I think everyone can do it. We got before tour appetizers then went on a personal safari on the lodge grounds then had a huge group dinner. Well worth it. We love doing them, as you can see, and will most likely do the Wild Africa Trek next time we go.

We've done a number of them, most of which have changed since we've done them. We did the one at WDW, I think it's called behind the magic? At the time we did it, you got there fairly early and walked around with your group, rode some rides and had lunch, went in the underground. Not sure if they ride the rides now. We also did one where they took you to all the parks (I think there may have only been 3 back then), did behind the scenes stuff at each park and rode some rides in each park. It was like 7 hours so of course lunch was included. That was back when HS was MGM and a working studio so you go to go behind the scenes of the actual studio. They don't offer that any more, I do think they do the ultimate thrill ride or something like that. We did the Behind the Seeds tour at The Land in Epcot a couple of times, it's cheap about $20 and there are discounts and we really enjoy it. It only takes about 1/2 hour or so. We've also been diving in the Living Seas a couple of times, they walk you around the inside of the Seas pavillion and show you a lot of behind the scenes stuff there before you dive for about 15 or 20 minutes. Kind of expensive but fun if you are a diver. We've done the Wanyama Safari at AKL, which at the time was only for people staying there at the lodge but now I think everyone can do it. We got before tour appetizers then went on a personal safari on the lodge grounds then had a huge group dinner. Well worth it. We love doing them, as you can see, and will most likely do the Wild Africa Trek next time we go.

Thanks!

We did the wild Africa trek in 2013 and was AMAZING!!! And the smaller one at AKL was fun.
Not divers, but did get a short tour from a CM friend at The Seas.

Was the 4 park one worth the time and $$. That’s the one I’m leaning towards.

Thanks!

We did the wild Africa trek in 2013 and was AMAZING!!! And the smaller one at AKL was fun.
Not divers, but did get a short tour from a CM friend at The Seas.

It was a different one back when we did it, now I think it's just rides and the meal,, back when we did it you got a whole lot of behind the scenes stuff. We went behind the scenes at ToT and the show in America to see how everything works, saw the costume designers and artists at MGM, underground at MK as well as riding the rides. I think we might have only ridden one ride in each park, I don't remember now. It was well worth it for us at the time but I'm not sure if the new one would be since it's all about the rides and frankly, we don't ride some of them and the other's we have no problems riding just on our own so it's not worth spending money for it.

It was a different one back when we did it, now I think it's just rides and the meal,, back when we did it you got a whole lot of behind the scenes stuff. We went behind the scenes at ToT and the show in America to see how everything works, saw the costume designers and artists at MGM, underground at MK as well as riding the rides. I think we might have only ridden one ride in each park, I don't remember now. It was well worth it for us at the time but I'm not sure if the new one would be since it's all about the rides and frankly, we don't ride some of them and the other's we have no problems riding just on our own so it's not worth spending money for it.

Thanks for the info!

I did the Backstage Magic tour (which covers all four major parks) a few years ago, and unfortunately, did NOT think it was worth the time or money. I was so disappointed. Of the 8 hours of the tour, I enjoyed maybe an hour and a half. The rest just wasn't interesting, and it was so expensive!

I did, however, love Keys to the Kingdom and what used to be called "Backstage Safari " (at AK). Both were excellent and so interesting. I'd do both of those tours again in a heartbeat.

I did the Backstage Magic tour (which covers all four major parks) a few years ago, and unfortunately, did NOT think it was worth the time or money. I was so disappointed. Of the 8 hours of the tour, I enjoyed maybe an hour and a half. The rest just wasn't interesting, and it was so expensive!

I did, however, love Keys to the Kingdom and what used to be called "Backstage Safari " (at AK). Both were excellent and so interesting. I'd do both of those tours again in a heartbeat.

Thanks!

We'll be staying at the safari lodge! Cant wait to take advantage of that already, but excited to check out these others!

We did Keys to the Kingdom in October and loved it. Highly recommend.

It is a lot of walking but they do have spots that have benches and they make an effort to allow you a few minutes to sit and listen instead of stand and listen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter