Behind the Seeds tour

magsnwonderland

Mouseketeer
DH is really into gardening and wants to do the Behind the Seeds tour. We are going on a weekday during F&W with our three kids, who will be 4.5, 23mos and 23mos. Our oldest likes working in the garden with Dad and I think might enjoy the tour as well, but I wonder if I'd be better off taking all of us (maybe scheduling during the twins' naptime?) or taking them to do something else - like one of the play areas. I'd enjoy the tour too, but don't want to waste the $$ if I can't actually pay attention (and/or risk ruining it for everyone else).

It's a great tour, but I can't imagine an 'almost-two' year old....let alone 2...being interested at all. It's fun, but entails walking 'behind the scenes (seeds)' and involves a lot of 'garden' talk or hydroponic talk or even fish farming talk. Your 4.5 year old Maaaaaay like it, but if Dad wants to learn and enjoy, best that he does this one himself.

We did the tour in December with my 10 and 12 year olds. They enjoyed it. At 4.5 and 23 months I wouldn’t have enjoyed taking them. They would have been so bored I would have spent the whole time making sure they weren’t touching things they weren’t supposed to or going where there weren’t supposed to go.

It’s nice for adults. When we took it our DD, she was about 8 years old, she was bored about 10 min into the tour. I definitely wouldn’t bring the youngest ones.

Agree with most above. We did it with a 5 and 7 year old and they enjoyed it but did lose interest now and then.

For the sake of everyone else who will be on your tour, take the children elsewhere during that time.

We just did the tour a few weeks ago with my kids (8, 4, and 20 months). My 8 year old loved it. She was the one who wanted to do it. For what I saw and heard of the tour it was good, but not as good as any of the others I have been on. My four year old was bored for the most part but was not disruptive. There were a few parts she enjoyed. At the end you do a spice game, she liked that as well as the plant you can touch. She also liked eating the cucumbers. My almost 2 year old did not enjoy it. I mostly stayed toward the back of the group trying to entertain him and keep him from disrupting everyone else. Thankfully, there was another mom with another kid that was about the same age who was acting the same so I didn't feel alone. However, I really wish I had taken the younger kids to do something else and let one adult and my 8 year old do the tour. It really was a waste for my ticket as I didn't hear much.

Last edited:
Agree with no taking your youngest ones on the tour. We are avid gardeners and really enjoyed this tour. We did it when my daughter was about 12, and she got a lot out of it as well. I can't image trying to keep up with two 2 year olds during the tour.

We really enjoyed the tour. I don't think younger children would enjoy it. I think they would be bored.

It's a great tour, but I can't imagine an 'almost-two' year old....let alone 2...being interested at all. It's fun, but entails walking 'behind the scenes (seeds)' and involves a lot of 'garden' talk or hydroponic talk or even fish farming talk. Your 4.5 year old Maaaaaay like it, but if Dad wants to learn and enjoy, best that he does this one himself.
also if the other guest on the tour want to learn I just do not see the 2 year olds having fun

Never been on the tour, but I would think an interested 5 yo would be fine, the twins (I assume) not so much.
But in all fairness, is there something magsnwonderland could do (maybe with the 5yo) for some extra magic, too?
Afternoon Tea at Floridian, maybe?

My husband went alone without us last year as neither kid (8 and 11) wanted to go. He would not recommend it for kids. On his tour, there were no kids under the age of 10.

The kids and I went to the Seas instead (which is close by) and rode the Nemo ride and looked at the aquarium and went to one of the larger gift shops. For little kids, you could also do Turtle Talk with Crush at the same time.

We signed up the same day! Got off of Soarin and signed my husband up (the sign up desk is by Soarin.).

We took our son on the Behind the Seeds tour a few times from when he was about 5 to his teens. He wound up getting a degree in Horticulture. The Princess Pumpkins are fun for the kids. The start of the tour might be a bit slow for younger kids, but it gets better for them once they move out into the gardens.

Thanks everyone! Sounds like it's best for DH to go by himself, maybe with our oldest depending on how things are going generally on our trip and if he's interested on the day of. The boat ride version of the tour might be enough for him, or might spark interest in seeing more.

We've never taken the kids to Epcot, we didn't go on our last trip (our son's first trip) and our previous trips together were spent mostly in the world showcase, so I'd forgotten all the other things to do. The girls love our local aquarium, so that's a particularly good idea.

As an adult. We loved the tour. As a small child. Probably not.
However. The ride is great and our kids LOVE it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter