Beirgarten Party Of One

fnm

Earning My Ears
Any other restaurant I don't really mind making a table for one reservation for a solo trip, but would it be weird to do it for the Beirgarten due to the seating? I'd love to hear everyone's opinions on this :)

I wouldn't worry about it. You get seated with other parties anyway, and some parties like to engage and some keep to themselves. If they engage, then, hey, you have some dining companions. If they don't, well, it's no different than eating anywhere else solo. We had a solo once join our table and we chatted with her while the family at the other end of the table barely acknowledged our presence. It's hit or miss, but there's no down side.

It's a great restaurant too, so don't miss out!

I wouldn't worry about it. As being a person that has eaten there many of times, I can tell you there has only one time when the entire table didn't talk to each other and we are always a party of two. The entire was laughing and joking with all the parties involved before the meal was over. So, don't worry...it will okay.

Ugh! I am not a fan of communal tables. I have dined here once. Never ever again. But I also disliked the food to be fair

Best case scenario you sit w a social group
Worst case you sit w people who feel you are an intruder and unwelcome

Ugh! I am not a fan of communal tables. I have dined here once. Never ever again. But I also disliked the food to be fair

I agree with this. The one time our family of four ate there, we were seated next to another family of four. I could clearly tell the husband of that family wasn't thrilled with our being at "their" table. I did end up breaking the ice with his wife and she was nice, but he kept the sour look on his face throughout. So it really doesn't matter if you're solo or not. Just hope you have friendlier tablemates than we did. lol

We really enjoy Biergarden communal type seating. We have been lucky as all of the tables we have sat at had great companions. I really enjoy the oompa band, the beer, the table mates and most of the food. I do not like sauerkraut, but there are so many other options to enjoy.

I say go for it!

Exactly! I've had it go each way on different occasions. It's a gamble. It can be awkward, or it can be great.

Honestly the seating here is awkward for a solo diner. It's two tables of four. We're a party of 3 and were seated with a solo diner. We tried to be friendly but he was very quiet and it was just odd all around. The restaurant staff also put our DD's high chair next to him so it started off awkward because we had to shift everything around. The party of four just ignored all of us lol. We've gone a few times and never have much luck with table mates so I only like this restaurant with a large party now.

I've gone solo to Biergarten several times. Usually, the other people at the table ignore me. No worries!

I am NOT a communal person, I don't even like sharing my food with my own party .... but we love Biergarten. We have had all kinds of combinations of numbers, we have had friendly people we conversed with the entire meal, folks who politely said hello then did their own thing, people who literally stared at their plates and pretended we were not there AND even the folks who said they did not want to sit with "us" .... one couple left the restaurant as communal was not okay and the restaurant refused their request.

One trip was four of us closest to band, a couple on other end and in between two solos who sat across from each other. We had one of our best meals ever there with everyone contributing great conversation and the one solo had lived in Germany many years so the CMs were hanging around talking as well.

If it is somewhere you want to eat, you don't mind sitting close to strangers and prepared for all kinds of personalities - go for it. The only time I might be upset is if they tried to sit me with a singular large party or a party with lots of small children. I'd likely make my requests on check in to be with like table mates.

NOTE: We did go with a party of 7, during the holidays when crowded and they did not put a single in our extra chair. My hope is that is something they are aware would be highly awkward.

Honestly the seating here is awkward for a solo diner. It's two tables of four. We're a party of 3 and were seated with a solo diner. We tried to be friendly but he was very quiet and it was just odd all around. The restaurant staff also put our DD's high chair next to him so it started off awkward because we had to shift everything around. The party of four just ignored all of us lol. We've gone a few times and never have much luck with table mates so I only like this restaurant with a large party now.

While structurally it may be two tables, it is really a table setup for a party of 8. There could be 6 and 2 ... 5 and 3 ... 4 and 4 .... 4 and 2 and 2 .... all different combinations. It is not considered two tables of four.

If you go as an odd numbered party you can assume that one of you will sit across from a stranger.

Any other restaurant I don't really mind making a table for one reservation for a solo trip, but would it be weird to do it for the Beirgarten due to the seating? I'd love to hear everyone's opinions on this :)

I tried communal dining once, and my negative experience made me never want to do it again. I'd much rather be alone than wish I was. At Teppen Edo, they seated me next to a teen aged girl who'd undoubtedly encountered her worst nightmare, going on vacation with Mom and Dad, and then being seated next to a stranger. Nothing could get her to talk and be happy. They'd seated me on the end, and the restaurant was too loud, so talking to anyone else wasn't an option. At the end of the meal, I don't know which one of us was more relieved to leave. No more communal dining for this solo!

On one of our trips to Biergarten there was a solo diner seated at the table with us. DH and I aren't overly outgoing people, but it was nice to chat with him. I think he enjoyed being with people to chit chat with that just eating somewhere totally by himself.

I'm going solo this summer, and I'm looking forward to it no matter who I'm seated with. I've been with my mom, and with a friend. One time we sat with a solo gentleman who gave in to chit chat. The other time, with a family engaged in their own good time.

I'm not particularly social, so no one's sour looks or silence will detract from my enjoyment or meal (who knows if the sour face is really for me, or because they didn't have time to buy that perfect souvenir before the ADR, I'd never really know anyway).

But if I'm seated with a sociable group, I can follow their lead as far as singing, toasting, and talking.

I think if you go without any expectations beyond the food and entertainment, you'll be fine.

I wouldn't even hesitate - actually, I think it's quite the perfect place for a solo traveler. Biergarten naturally lends itself to gathering people together - we have eaten here countless times and always enjoy getting to chat with tablemates and the delightful servers as well.

We went a few weeks ago (party of 4), had a solo diner at our table and another couple. The couple didn't talk to us at all but we did chat with the solo diner. Its only awkward if you make it that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter