Ben and Libby's Happily Ever After - A Fairytale Wishes Wedding *Updated 14/3/18 + Wedding Video!

All very cool stuff, so exciting! That is such a nice gift for your parents. It is definitely something I would love to receive! Hoop Dee do sounds great especially when sharing the experience with friends. You'll have a blast!

I have been meaning to ask is everything still okay with Ashley for photography? I know she is due to have a baby soon, so I didn't know if it would affect any of her bookings.

Swoon :love: Congratulations! Your dress is perfect! I just read through your whole PJ when I'm supposed to be studying. Looking forward to reading more updates, it's the only thing that gets me through planning my own wedding :scared:

thanks for the great update!! Can't believe the wedding is only 5 months away!!!

EEEEKKKKK!

I know!!! Welll, 2 months now!! Eeeek!!! :D xxxxx

The lockout was amazing. Parents drove me nuts a bit but it settled ultimately and it was the right call given the choices. I'd choose Saratoga I think given what I know now but I mean there's lovely parts of Kidani that will be a lovely memory for us too so it's not at ALL a regret...just learnt a lot and now appreciate Saratoga more.

UK is great. Mostly settled now and it's going well. Nice hanging out with Hubby's family.

Glad to see your plans coming together! It's always so hard doing it from a Distance but ultimately I have to say that DFTW are really very good with getting it all day and I still can't believe how seamlessly our time ran. Despite my mother having mini dramas of her own forgetting things in the limo and all sorts of things. Our planner just got it all kept calm and sorted.

You'll have such a great time! Good luck with the rest of the plans. The ring situation is interesting. My hubby wanted me to choose my ring so we went all white gold and I love that the bands are thinner and smaller overall profiles. I HAD a couple years ago thought I'd want platinum but cost precluded...then earlier this year I saw my mate Alan who had done all Platinum (both wedding bands and her engagement ring) and it amazed me a year and a half later how scratched his ring was. And it was from a place like Beaverbrooks in Australia. It was top quality. I mean my wedding band and engagement ring has scratches and it'll need the yearly clean and rhodium check but I always expected more from platinum somehow...
Yours looks lovely and I agree the diamonds are definitely a lovely look

Thank you for your lovely comment! Glad your day ran smoothly! Thank you for the lovely comments about my ring! I need to look into the rhodium and clean thingy and see if I can get it sparkling before the wedding, thanks for the reminder! :) xxxxxxxx

joining in

Welcome!! :D xxxx

Just read through your journal to catch up and I love it!

I'm so glad your fireworks drama worked itself out and you'll get to see Wishes. It'll be amazing, I'm sure! Your ring and tiara look very cute. Thanks for mentioning Light In The Box, now I'm having too much fun looking there :p.

And good luck on the weight loss goal. I know how hard it can be, but I know you can do it and you'll look amazing on your wedding day and in that bikini. I'm also trying to drop a bit for my wedding so I'm here with you!

Aw thank you so much! Glad I could help you with Light in the Box it's a great website!

Thanks so much for the weight loss well wishes! I've made a bit of progress and lost 2 stone now which was my target but I want to get just a bit under if I can. We shall see! :) xxxxxx

Hi!
Been reading along for a bit and finally decided to pipe in! I love your story (also been with my DF since HS, we'll be 11 years next month!) and your plans are all wonderful. I love your colors!!!
Thanks for a great report of your planning session. The timelines are super helpful and you're making me think December could be a great time for a planning trip (our wedding is in May so December makes sense but I've been hesitant because of the crowds)

Thanks for posting about lightinabox. They have the same favors i liked elsewhere for much cheaper and they have such a big accessories selection. Let us know how that works out.

And I'm so glad you booked your parents the keys to the kingdom tour!! We did it in 2010 and it was amazing! It made us appreciate the parks so much more and made us even bigger Disney fans! after it, we got so into the history and planted the seed that we had to go to Disneyland (which we did in this past April and DF proposed there). So yea the tour is the best.

Hi and thank you for your lovely comments! :) So glad you like everything! Yes def recommend Dec, maybe not Christmas week if you can avoid it at all haha! We had to do it and it was fine but ideally I wouldn't have! Hope you had luck with Light in the box, i was thrilled with everything I ordered off there! Yes we did KTTK in 2013 and loooooved it too, I really really hope they love it!! :) xxxx

Hey new here! Been following along and everything looks and sounds amazing so far! Can't wait to read more. :flower1:

Thank you so much! Great to have you along for the ride!! :) xxx

All very cool stuff, so exciting! That is such a nice gift for your parents. It is definitely something I would love to receive! Hoop Dee do sounds great especially when sharing the experience with friends. You'll have a blast!

Thank you! I hope they love it :) :) I mean how could you not!? haha!! Yeahhh we are so excited for HDD!! 2 months to go!! :D xxxx

I have been meaning to ask is everything still okay with Ashley for photography? I know she is due to have a baby soon, so I didn't know if it would affect any of her bookings.

Ahhh I had no idea!! She hasn't mentioned anything so maybe she's keeping it private? I'm sure she would have let us know if there was an issue with our date! xxxx
Swoon :love: Congratulations! Your dress is perfect! I just read through your whole PJ when I'm supposed to be studying. Looking forward to reading more updates, it's the only thing that gets me through planning my own wedding :scared:

Aw thank you so much! I absolutely love it too :) Update coming up in just a sec!! Sorry for the biiiig delay haha! xxxx

Absolutely massive, really overdue wedding update!!

Hi guys!! Oh my goodness, so here we are 54 days out from the day we fly, 58 til the wedding! Eeeeeek!! I’m so sorry I haven’t posted in so long, as i'm sure you can imagine things have been pretty full on!! I feel like we’ve managed to get a lot done in the past week or so though so I’m feeling slightly more organised. Benj is off on his stag do this weekend and I’m having a nice chilled Sunday catching up on our to do list and just trying to get stuff sorted. With that being said, I’ve got so much to update you on, so let’s get to it!!

Hen Do

Okay this was a biggie! I don’t think I’ve mentioned this as I originally wasn’t going to have one - I felt people were already spending so much coming to Florida with us that I didn’t want to ask the girls to splash out for a weekend away or anything. Plus I didn’t know what I wanted I just knew I didn’t want a night out in town cause we hardly ever do that anymore anyway, been there done that haha!! So I wasn’t going to do anything. But then gradually lots of the girls in my life started asking me what I was doing and then seeming a bit gutted when I said I wasn’t going to do anything haha. Soooooo I was really on the fence about it! It was mainly my sister in law (not really but she practically is haha) and the lovely Victoria who were saying they really didnt’ think people would mind and that they;d want to do something, so over the next couple of weeks when I saw people I put the feelers out….and everyone was super up for it!!! So I spent a nice Sunday googling some different options of what we could do, and I decided a super chilled spa weekend could be nice with everything contained within the one hotel, and somewhere local and not too expensive!! So I set up a FB group for all the girls and invited everyone, and then eventually picked a lovely looking hotel near Winchester.

NortonExt_zpshll4vrfm.jpg

Now, I know most brides don’t plan their own hen do and Victoria absolutely would have planned it and done an amazing job cause she knows me inside out, but I really enjoyed all the researching and choosing!! So, my hen do is on the 10th September :D We’re all meeting at the hotel at 10.30am - half the group are gonna go for our treatments (either 2 x 30 min ones or 1 x 60 min treatment) and the other half will go to the pool to chill! Then we’ll swap, and then at 1pm we’ve got lunch! Mmmm!! Then we’ll all chill round the pool a bit longer before heading back up to shower and get ready :D We’re going to meet in my room (there was an odd number of us so I’ve got the double room on my own haha!) for drinks and games etc, before heading down for dinner at 7.30 :) We’ll then have a lovely meal, a lovely kip in our posh beds, and breakfast the next morning before heading back to our respective homes. All this was included in the absolutely bargainous price and I think everyone’s really looking forward to it. It honestly is my perfect weekend and I am soooooo excited :D Just need to get a new swimming costume!! Essench!!

spa-at-norton-park_zps2aimqrea.jpg

I’ve also bought this dress to wear, which I’m also planning to wear at our rehearsal dinner at ‘Ohana...and possibly at Palo too! Gotta recyle these things when you have limited luggage space!!

D084MG_________68791__52201_zoom_zpstb94bhnl.jpg

UK party

We’ve also really made headway with our UK reception/party thingy!! We took my parents to see it last week and bless them, they are really helping us out with the food and everything which is awessssooommmmme :) So food-wise, we’re sticking with the cheese and charcuterie theme, and my parents are buying some massive quiches and lovely ham to be carved, and we’re getting loads of crackers and fresh French sticks on the day too. We’ll also get some nice big wheels of brie and cheddar, and my Mum is making lots of cupcakes :) So cute!! So I’ve been super busy buying this past week!! We’ve stuck with the blush and gold theme throughout :)

To decorate the hall itself, I’ve bought 500 LED fairylights :D

And 55m of bunting handmade by another bride! Shamazing!!

To achieve a look similar to this…

66f0edfa05fdb915497fdc711b0767c9_zpsvvbcfoqt.jpg

We’ve bought pale pink and gold plates…

31QVQifkMbL._SY355__zpseax0bjnr.jpg

31Vj2ePUpL._SY300_-1_zpsx1j6j9tl.jpg

Blush and gold tablecloths…

glittering-gold-gold-plastic-tablecover-bx-72616_zpsgunse6te.jpg

Cutlery (boring so no pic!!) and cute striped straws!! Essential, I think you’ll agree!

Table confetti!! (priority item)

Free-ship-lot-of-15g-baby-pink-font-b-gold-b-font-white-tissue-paper-heart_zpsip8xcucp.jpg

I bought these ‘LOVE balloons for one wall too :D

_57_zpsfjv4cjoh.jpg

And my father-in-law is hopefully making us the light up LOVE letters which I am SUPER excited to see!!

letters3-2_zpshyh5mtgi.jpg

I’ve also got a guestbook, and we’re hoping to blow some photos up of the actual wedding to stick on the walls if Ashley Jane is able to get a few over to us :)

We also sent the invites out! I designed them and we printed them using Printed.com which is the best website ever, I’m chuffed with how they came out :) We’ve just started sending them out this week so hopefully start to get some replies soon :)

IMG_4637%20copy_zpsszct2ymy.jpg

IMG_4638%20copy_zpsv4wzncfb.jpg

Hair/Make-up trial

So this was what I spent last Sunday doing! My lovely maid of honour and bezzie Victoria (Vikstar on here!) came down to my parents house to do my Mum a hair and make-up trial, and also go through some makeup ideas with me :) My Mum was originally going to have Beaute do hers, but then she decided she didn’t need all that and Vic offered to do hers for her, cause she’s amazing! So we had a lovely girly day and my amazing parents pulled out all the stops for us!! We were greeted with prosecco and chocolate dipped strawberries (!!)

13873174_10154485054409903_2405383820625968788_n-1_zpsqonbbylt.jpg

Then we had afternoon tea a bit later on, in between all the hair and makeup funs!!

13903374_10154485054599903_8863670163675262012_n_zpswhjiwa72.jpg

My MUm had Vic put her hair up and to the side and she was sooooooo in love with it, it was really sweet! Then she did her make-up and my Mum couldn’t stop staring at herself in the mirror haha!! It was so cute :) SHe looked beautiful!! So she’s over the moon, and she’s gonna hunt down some false eyelashes in the meantime, and we’re also going to do a heavier eyeliner line on the day. But, sorted!!

Next up was me!! So since my hair and makeup trial in Dec I’ve been really stressing about my makeup (I LOVED my hair) Basically I just didn’t like my eyes, or my brows :( And I didn’t think the rest of the face was even that great. I’ve been really practicsing my eye-makeup this year and I’ve got to a point where I’m really happy with it, and I think with eyebrows they are so personal that I know for me, I just need to do them myself. So I emailed Beaute to see if they would just do my face for me, and she said she would, but she’d still have to charge me $75 :( Eek!! We’ve budgeted for that anyway so it’s not the end of the world but I still felt maybe I should just do my own, but then I didn’t know enough about which foundation wouldn’t bounce back the light in photos or anything and I was stressing about it so much!! Plus would I do my brows before she did my face, or like after!? Arghhhh!

Enter Victoria!! She has done bridal make up before, plus she’s just obsessed with make up and has all the kit! And she knows what I like and what I wanted. SO. She bought her entire stash with her haha bless her, and I started by doing my brows and then she did my eyeshadow. I then nipped to the bathroom and did my eyeliner and put my false lashes on, came back, and she did my face.

OH MY LORD. Girl’s got skills!!!! Honestly, I felt so pretty :) And my hair wasn’t even done haha!! I finished off the look with a matte lipstick I was thinking would be the best choice (I’ve tried a LOT haha) and a bit of gloss over it and I was so so happy with it :)

What do you think???? Ignore the hanging off false eyelash I didn’t even notice in the excitement haha so hadn’t glued it down properly!!

IMG_4347_zpsnk6tdwni.jpg

IMG_4356_zps8tv98m4z.jpg

IMG_4357_zpscb4lyon0.jpg

So this really was a massive weight off my shoulders. Even better, Victoria had all the correct makeup for my (very pale) skin and said she’d be taking it all to Florida anyway so all I needed to buy was my lippie!! What an absolute babe, I am so lucky to have such an amazing best friend :) I’m so grateful!!!!

Veil/hairpiece/earrings bought

This leads me nicely onto my hairpiece and earrings that you can see in the pics! Really happy with these, I got them online and they were a fraction of the price the bridal shop wanted for essentially the same thing, so it’s win win!!

Got loan!!

Ahhh this was a biggie haha!! It was a slightly stressful situation for a few different reasons haha but the moral of the story is we got the loan we needed to pay off the final balance to Disney and the last few bits we need to, and it’s honestly a huge weight off my shoulders too :) I know there’s loads of negative views of getting things like loans for weddings but honestly the majority of people I know who’ve got married have got loans, and no ones ever said they regretted it! If you can afford to pay it back then it’s absolutely okay to get one if you need one, or if you feel it’ll take the pressure off. Because we felt it was important to us to fly out for our planning session, it meant we were a little short savings wise for the honeymoon (not the wedding, which I think is unusual!) and rather than postpone anything or cut back any more, a loan was the best option for us :)

Paid Disney minimum balance

Following on from this….we paid the final balance to Disney!! Obviously Brexit has had a massive impact on the pound/dollar rate and it’s stressed me out soooo much since June, but I’ve had to push it out of my mind now, what will be will be and I really can’t control stuff like that. We managed to get an okay rate to pay Disney (I mean it literally could have been a thousand times better haha but there you go…) and we’ve got the loan based on worse case scenario for spending money (which has actually got worse since we did the worse case but HEY) but that’s life. We’ll be okay! I think!! So Disney minimum balance is paid and then we just have the final balance to pay mid September. So please everyone keep your fingers crossed that the rate gets a little better by then!! We also have to pay our videographer which will be in dollars, and obviously spending money, but mostly everything else is in pounds.

Got updated final BEO from Disney

Yes! And it’s fine :) So that’s good, all my planning and calculations paid off!! We’re just negotiating final things like the dessert party food (which is going to be INCREDIBLE by the way!!) so I think things are all good there! I imagine conversations with Lisa will crank up a lot in the next month so I’m trying to get as much done from my end before we start liaising with her loads!

Paid cruise

Yay!! This is turning into a bit of a checklist haha but it’s really helping me see everything written down that I’ve done! And making me super super excited!!!! So we paid the cruise, and logged in and booked Palo for dinner on our 3rd night which will hopefully be the pirate night. We aren’t fussed about missing that dinner so hopefully it’ll work out like we planned! Super looking forward to this and currently spending large portions of the day googling Palo dinner blog reviews haha, bit cool!! There’s no internetz on the ship though guys so obvs I need to be fully prepared on what I’m ordering...can you imagine if I ordered the wrong thing!? Nightmare at sea!!! I’ll go into this in more detail in my honeymoon update :)

8281924304bfc0f2893b1c5.68610208-1274810152_zps8vldevkx.jpg

Okay, enough about money! Just assume we’ve spent a lot of money and paid a lot of things off hahah!!

Let’s talk about….WEIGHT LOSS!!

Last Wednesday, 10th August, was a momentous day. I HIT MY SLIMMING WORLD TARGET!!

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-21%20at%2016.43.30_zpsfsv2tkl3.png

2 whole stone gone, in fact 2 stone 0.5 lbs cause I was half under haha! Smashed it!!! Honestly I am so so so happy and proud of myself, it’s taken me so flippin long to get that last half stone off but I finally did it :) I feel amazing!! I may try and lose a bit more just to feel my absolute best for the wedding but I am so enjoying the more relaxed approach, I really was so strict the last few weeks and it’s lovely not to have the threat of weigh in hanging over me hahah. More importantly, I don’t have to pay £5 a week!!! I will continue to go to group every 2 weeks or more though to stay on track, and as I said, hoping to lose just a few more lbs in the next 8 weeks :) (SCARILY SHORT AMOUNT OF WEEKS THERE OMG) Again, more updates in my honeymoon updates but I’ve bought a few new clothes for the honeymoon too which is really exciting as it’s smaller sizes :)

Okay, let’s continue with wedding updates!! What have I been buying? What HAVEN’T I been buying!? Well that’s what it feels like at least!! :O

Cake topper

So I bought this ages ago and can’t remember if I shared but here it is, it’s absolutely beautiful and we are so chuffed with it :) We’re having a simple buttercream cake with a few blush and ivory roses on each tier :) The inside isn’t simple though, one tier is choc cake with raspberry filling and the other is red velvet with cream cheese if you recall, mmmmmmmmmmmm

il_570xN.776028605_5giv_zpsudim79h5.jpg

Cake knife

In other cake-related news, I bought us this rather stunning, engraved/personalised cake knife and server set! It was an absolute bargain online (seeing as pretty much only us will be seeing it we didn’t want to spend a lot ha!) and it’s lovely! Done and dusted.

uwhr1364999271879_zpsokomance.jpg

Wooden Mr and Mrs

I bought this off eBay for our sweetheart table! It was silver though originally, which OBVS doesn’t go with the scheme, so my amazing Dad spray painted it goooooooooollldddd and now it looks way classier and just awesome :)

il_570xN.620876939_29ib_zpscoueekmq.jpg

Unity Candle

Ooof this was a ballache!! So we’re having a unity candle as part of our ceremony as we think it’s a really sweet gesture, and nice to get the Mum’s involved too :) Now, it’s a fairly insignificant part of the day seeing as only really 4 of us will see it, but it’s also quite important as it has so much meaning. If that makes sense? So it was important to me that it looked nice, but it was also stressing me out that I couldn’t find a single design online I liked!! Also, they were crazy money!!! I then had a brainwave to email Lisa and check if they had unity candle holders, which they can provide us with for a teeny fee, so that pretty much halved the cost of what we’d need to be. So that was tres good. But I really couldn’t find a design I liked. They were all very...how to put this delicately.. :o think cheesy wording, horrible script font, kissing Disney characters...eek!! I’m sure you can imagine!! I then found a seller on Ebay who would print any photo you sent him onto a candle, and I thought I’d design a monogram or something for us and then put that on. But what if it looked awful and I couldn’t send it back? ARGH!!

Eventually I was driving myself so mad, and Ben was like why are you spending so much time on this!? Haha! So I found one I didn’t find unbearable, and he was like just order that one, right this second. So I did! But then I had a flash of inspiration!! It has two hearts, and then it said ‘two hearts become one’ which is very Spice Girls esque (not necessarily a bad thing but not really the vibe I was going for) and I messaged the seller seeing if there was any leeway with the wording, and if so could we have Happily Ever After? She came back straightaway and said yes! BOOM!!!

So this is our unity candle set! I’m actually really pleased with it!! :)

IMG_4603_zpsibjvahco.jpg

Ring Box/holder

So, second only to my love to Disney is my love for Harry Potter. It’s a massive part of my life and has been since I read HPATPS, so it’s really important that I get some HP into the wedding :) :)

So I’ve done just that! In the shape of this absolutely amazing ring box…

il_570xN.909531262_50ji_zps62opalhw.jpg

After all this time/Always (and the entire story behind it) is my absolute favourite part of the books, so I was chuffed when I found this :) Our best man is also a massive HP fan and he got a bit emosh when I showed him haha :)

Rings

So following on from my last update, we now have both wedding rings :) We ended up going up to Hatton Garden (not as posh as it sounds hahah) as we couldn’t get the size or band thickness right and so Benj took me for a daytrip cause I was fed up spending money on postage each time :D We had a lovely day, went to the teeny tiny office of the website I’d bought mine from, tried on a few and they had the right size and the right thickness and it looks amazing next to my engagement ring :) We then had a lovely veggie lunch at Mildred’s, came home and ordered Ben’s online (he didn’t see anything in Hatton garden he liked) and then we were sorted!! So mine is the one i showed in an earlier post just smaller, and Benj just has a plain silver band :)

Robes for getting ready

This was an essential item from day one and my lovely Mum treated myself, Vic and her to 3 ‘getting ready’ robes! I’ve got the white one and the girlies have got pink! Although there was some initial concern about the shortness of the robes even though we ordered XL hahaha but they are from China! But I was more than happy, and I think the girls just kind of went along with it haha and they may wear shorts under ;) I think I’ll be overheating though anyway so I’ll be just undies and the robe!! Go hard or go home!!!

Floral-Bridesmaids-Robe-700x436_zpsnb7gzcgd.jpg

Sorted Benji’s look!

Okay, let’s talk about Benj!! Although it may seem like I’ve been focusing on my own appearance a LOT (and this is not untrue) we have sorted Benji’s look now :) He’s having this gorgeous tuxedo suit :D

image1xxl_zpsdz77nngk.jpg

He looks sooooo handsome in it I can’t even tell you!! Such a lovely, high-quality suit.

We’ve also bought all the men’s ties and pocket squares. We’ve gone for pale pink - it’s not an exact match to Vic’s dress but I really think it’ll be fine and hopefully all come together on the day - we’re not really going for the matchy matchy look anyway :) They are good quality though and I’m really pleased with them :)

I also gave Benj an early wedding present :) We aren’t doing wedding presents cause we’d rather spend our pennies on honeymoon treats together, but I saw these like a year ago and wanted to give them to him before in case he bought his own cufflinks!! Awks. As life-long Disney/Disney Parks/Walt fans, I knew he’d love these :) let’s just say there were tears haha! I love them soooooooo much and can’t wait to see him in them on the day :D

13895136_861735136557_6922076440428989825_n_zps7pivy4hf.jpg

Ok I’ll leave it there as this is a mega post!! Don’t panic though, I’ll be back soon with more wedding updates, and honeymoon updates, and most excitingly - DAILY PLANS!! I am honestly feeling so so so excited at the moment :) I actually feel so emotional right now guys. Like it doesn’t help that I’m listening to our first dance song hahahha but I just feel like the luckiest girl alive that so many of our friends and family are coming out with us, it honestly is gonna be the most amazing time. We’ve got sooooooo much fun stuff planned! Which I can’t wait to share with you all in our daily plans! I can’t even wait for sooooo many things/events!! My to-do list really getting there, and although there’s still lots to do, I feel like we’re making really good progress :) I’m just going to try and slow down the next few weeks, try and do a bit of wedmin each evening after work, and then just enjoy the build up of the last few weeks :D eeek!!!!!

Hope everyones having a wonderful week!!!

Your makeup looks absolutely stunning! Love everything about it. :D You're already glowing, so I can only imagine how much more radiant it will be on your wedding day!

So many things where do I start? I can't believe how close you're getting!

Everything for your at home reception looks fabulous! I love the colors and the theme. I might have to steal some idea for ours :rolleyes: And the ring box is perfect. I think that's a great place for some Harry Potter. And your robes are so pretty! I've debated getting some... My in-laws are gifting us a honeymoon cruise, and I hope we can eat at Palo. I can't wait to hear what you think!

I can't wait to see everything!

Oh so exciting! It all looks great!

Thank you! :) xxx

Your makeup looks absolutely stunning! Love everything about it. :D You're already glowing, so I can only imagine how much more radiant it will be on your wedding day!

Aww thank you so much that is so sweet :) :) xxxx

So many things where do I start? I can't believe how close you're getting!

Everything for your at home reception looks fabulous! I love the colors and the theme. I might have to steal some idea for ours :rolleyes: And the ring box is perfect. I think that's a great place for some Harry Potter. And your robes are so pretty! I've debated getting some... My in-laws are gifting us a honeymoon cruise, and I hope we can eat at Palo. I can't wait to hear what you think!

I can't wait to see everything!

It's soooooo close now!!! Crazy times!!! Ahhh please steal away, I'd be flattered!! Thank you so much for your sweet comments :) xxxx

I absolutely LOVE those cufflinks. Can I ask where you got them?

Everything looks amazing!

Thank you! They are from Etsy! Search for Disneyland plaque and they should pop up! :D xxxx

Update – 1 month to go til the wedding!!!

Wowzer, here I am back with another update after what I thought was quite a short period of time but it’s actually been nearly a month haha!!

So, 1 month to go!! Where we at!!?? Well first of all, I had my hen do!! And it was amaazziiiinnnggggg :) I described what we were doing in my last update so I won’t go through it again, but we had the bestest time and my girls went above and beyond :) I was stressed when we arrived because traffic was awful and we were late and I was worried we’d miss our spa treatments. We didn’t, but we rushed straight through and I was kind of on the massage bed before I’d had a chance to catch my breath haha! But it was all good!! My massage was life-changing, the pool was super lovely and clean, the ‘light’ lunch was a MASSIVE buffet, and then when I got up to my room my girls had decorated it all lovely!! We all got quickly showered and changed and then came back to gather in my room for a LOT of drinks :D My Mum made lethal Cosmos, we had about 10 bottles of prosecco hahaha and eyah, basically it was hilarious! The girls had also arranged hen do games about who knows me best which was super cute, and things got fairly emotional in a few places!!! My memories of the night get pretty hazy from about 8pm haha, we went down to dinner, I dropped my wine glass and smashed it in the corridor (not sure why I had it in the corridor…) and I don’t remember eating my dinner!! Needless to say I was painfully hungover on Sunday despite waking up feeling not too bad – I thought I was gonna vom in my Mum’s car, awkward, and then basically had to sit very still and quietly for the rest of the afternoon to avoid feeling nauseous. Not my finest hour by HEY, I’m the hen!!! :) Here are some photos for your viewing delight!

14237691_10157290552705198_2563899172579833543_n_zps2x8tb8x8.jpg

14237658_10157290552585198_4912930643306993544_n_zpsacpgkbdd.jpg

14344315_10157298326140198_2843490416981685553_n_zpskk3jmdqd.jpg

14212773_10154289361596999_8307297575205566420_n_zpscoyy7oi4.jpg

14333748_10154289361766999_2198805060075007750_n_zpseu8uu17t.jpg

14330115_10155233329821808_6136004029435385458_n_zps0yl7msfc.jpg

Random cute old man we accosted in the corridor!

14232500_10155233329801808_8876624046934749306_n_zpsefrdna71.jpg

So now that that’s over, there is an alarmingly short period of time between now and the wedding. EEKKK!!

One of the biggest projects we’ve been working on is our wedding newsletters which have now all been sent out to our guests :) I gave a lot of them out at my hen do too which was handy!

This is what they looked like!

14441079_10154388129300549_1156763274081947035_n_zpscvouruog.jpg

So each one had a 2-page newsletter with details about all our wedding events. It included timings, locations, contact numbers etc, as well as some top tips for general Florida holidays, and things like remembering to bring a photocopy of a passport.

Guests who need to attend the wedding rehearsal also got a separate slip of paper inviting them to the rehearsal with times, location etc. Our rehearsal is 4pm on October 18th and the WP is fully booked for that date, so we’re in a ballroom at the convention centre. I’m REALLY pleased about that as we have about 12 people coming to the rehearsal due to having readings, families etc, and I was worried that the splendour of the WP would be a bit ruined :( But it won’t be! So yay! I think I might take my Mum and Dad to see the WP before the rehearsal anyway, just on our own, so that they can see it for the first time and get excited :) CUTE!!!

And the final thing in the envelopes was BADGES!!! We got these made wayyyyy back in Feb and we’ve been ridiculously excited to give them out haha!!! I really wish I could remember how they went down at the hen do but I was too drunk :(

But aren’t they so cute! We’re going to get everyone to wear them for our stag and hen do in Epcot :) In fact to be perfectly honest I may just wear mine like, from the second we step onto American soil. Slash out my front door to go to the airport hotel…

Anyway, next!

Programs/order of service

These are also all finished and sent off to print wich was a big weight off my mind as i designed them all myself so it was quite a big job! Again I’m sorry but I don’t want to share these in case it ruins it for any wedding guests who may be reading, but I will afterwards!! I’m super pleased with them though :D

Gifts

So we’ve been getting through our giftlist and now I’m pretty sure they’re all done YAY! These have been a big job because I really just wanted to get them right, but I’m feeling really happy with all the different bits and bobs that we’ve chosen. I can’t share them on here in case wedding guests are reading but I will when we get back! We’ve also got the packaging all sorted for them so it’s just a case of wrapping them all up now!!

Dress

I had my first dress fitting 3 weeks ago, and my final one is Friday! After that she said I’m not allowed to lose any more weight! (I could have kissed her) I had wanted to lose a bit more but I seriously doubt that’s going to happen so I think I’m going to just maintain (which I have done since I got to target 6 weeks ago) I’m quite lucky in that where I’m so tall the dress didn’t need many alterations at all :) Easy peasy! I did have a bit of drama with the veil I bought though as it was too ivory :( I’ve bought 2 that are more champagne coloured, so we’re going to see how they look at the fitting and decide which one to go for. One’s short and one’s cathedral length, so who knows what I’ll end up with!! It’d be really lovely to try both.

Call with Lisa

Another exciting thing to happen was our call with Lisa last Wednesday evening. I felt really nervous for some reason – so stupid haha!! I had some wine to calm down!! It was amazing though, everything is just so well planned out and going smoothly, we were both ridiculously excited on the phone to her and just kept grinning at each other! She went through the wedding rehearsal and then the entire wedding day and we had hardly any changes from the plan we put together way back in December! Slash like 2 years ago when we first started!! We got timings for everything, went through music, transport, menu choices….literally everything. I was very impressed that we have sorted pretty much everything, and we only had a few bits of homework...which we’ve now done! We needed to decide on a few bits of music for the ceremony, do our seating plan, pick a signature cocktail (it’s a hard job but someone’s gotta do it!!) and we’ve done these. But we are basically pretty much there. It was lovely to talk to her and a very calming experience overall. At least the most important part is sorted!! So, our signature cocktail! We’ve gone for the Blue Hawaiin which is rum, blue curacao, pineapple juice and some other bits I think, and we’re going to call it ‘The Blue-Eyed Birman’ in tribute to our baby, Saffie the Birman :D hahahha love it so much!!!

Shipping

Next weekend our big job is to ship a bunch of wedding stuff to the Grand Floridian. Things like placecards, table names, cake topper, gifts etc, just so we don’t have to worry about it all. We’ll then give the majority of it to Lisa at the wedding rehearsal, and things like gifts we’ll have all ready to give out to people at the rehearsal dinner. Easy peasy! Hopefully…

We’ve seriously accomplished so much in the past month that there’s almost too much to go over hah!! We’ve now paid for Disney, our photographers and our videographers so that felt like an amazing accomplishment :) The 3 biggies!! Ben’s suit is 100% sorted, we’re still working on his best mans as we had a minor blip with sizing but I’m not getting involved with that, it’s Ben’s job haha! Okay, let’s move on to honeymoon updates!

Honeymoon Updates

Okay, honeymoon/trip updates!! So the Whatsapp group with us and our friends is literally going off every second at the moment with everyone excitedly discussing their plans and changes :) So cool, I love it! We’ve synced up all our FP+ with our friends and family on the days that we planned to so that all went smoothly. I love the FP+ app sooooo much. It’s just so clever and advanced!! Cannot get enough!! We’ve also decided to change our Cali Grill ADR with my parents to a later one at Yachtsman Steakhouse. I’ll go into it more in my daily plans but I’m pretty happy with this switcheroo :) We’ve also checked into our cruise and booked Palo which is exciting!! Can’t even wait for this dinner, Italian food is my one true love!!

We’ve also added a couple of extra sit down dinners which I’m VERY excited for!! We realised we didn’t need to be quite so careful with our money as we’re getting a couple of dinners paid for thanks to the kindness of wedding guests with spare TS credits which is AMAZING, so we upgraded a couple of CS dinners to sit down! BALLIN! So on one of our Disney Springs nights we now have Portobello, where we did have Wolfgang Puck Café. Super excited for this after watching a YouTuber vlog about it, seriously google the roasted garlic and olive oil they serve with the bread. Google it right now and come back.

Okay. Welcome back. So we’ll eat a lot of carbs here, mmm! I’ve also added in a cheeky Tony’s reservation on our very last evening (SOB) We’re at the GF this evening and we’re going to MK, but it’s annoyingly only open til like 9 at the moment :( Benj asked me what I’d really want to do that night and I said go for a nice dinner obvssssss but also enjoy MK – difficult when it closes so early! We then couldn’t find an ADR apart from Citricos which is a bit too nice haha so we’d be all dressed up and also massively full. But then after like a week of solid searching I found a Tonys ADR for 5.45 which is LITERALLY perfect!!! So the plan is to check into the GF super early and then plant our butts by the pool to make the most of it :D We’ll then go up to our room quite early at like 3 to really try and make the most of our beautiful room, before hopping on the monorail (DREAM TRANSPORTATION METHOD) to the MK just in time for our ADR. We’ll then have a solid 2 or 3 hours after dinner for some final MK fun (where we’ve made FP already, obvs) and if it closes at 9 we can watch Wishes and then go back, and if it opens later (fingers crossed!) I might try and see if I can get a later ADR. Either way, win win! We’ve also added in a couple more opportunities for drinking (At Trader Sams which we loooved at Christmas) a Boardwalk bar crawl on Halloween, and a Searaycer renting out sesh! These are all for the last week of our trip when it’s just me and Benj :) I’m sure I’ll go into more detail about this in my daily plans but it’s just so much fun writing about them!!

I’ll leave it there for now because it’s DAILY PLANS time!!! Here’s the first batch of our wedding trip, let me know what you think!! :)

Day 0

So!! Let’s start with pre-travel day!! Oh my god I’m so excited writing this!! So we’re both working in the morning, I’m going to try and see if I can work from home because it would just be so much easier – I can start at 8 and we done by 12 with no commute! If I can’t, I’ll go in at 8 and leave at 12 and get back about 12.30 so not too bad. When I finish work I’ll pack all the last minute bits and get everything ready, and we have a car coming to get us (BIT POSH) at 4pm eek! We’re sharing it with 2 of our friends/wedding guests which is awesome, and it’s all paid for already so no worries there!

We’ll hopefully get to our hotel, the Sheraton Skyline, about 5.30pm/6pm which is awesommeeeeee! I imagine we’ll go up to the room and freshen up, and then hit the bar for a couple of cocktails to get the holiday started! I literally cannot wait for this because it’s like the calm before the storm, we’ll hopefully have everything sorted and no worries, and we’ll be able to just chill :) hotel looks sooooo gorgeous too! Then we’re going to have dinner at the Sports Bar and Grill they have so that will be lovely too! Then an early night imagine, Sean and Kat’s plane is at like 7.30am the next morning and ours is 9.30am haha so we’ll need a good night’s sleep!

Day 1

THE DAY HAS ARRIVED!! I imagine we’ll be up about 3am as Benj likes to get to the airport about 12 hours in advance hahah! JK, working backwards we’ll need to be there at….6.30, leave about 6.00…up about 4.30 eeek!! Okay, so a pretty early start then flippin heck!! *mentally readjusts amount of cocktails she’ll have the night before*

So we’ll get to the airport, get rid of our bags (keep The Dress) and go for brekkie somewhere (no Wetherspoons in T3 I don’t think which is upsetting!!) then duty free wooo! Our flight will hopefully leave at 9.25 and we land in Atlanta for a 4 hour stopover (we wanted this) before landing in Orlando around 7.30. We’ll get the ME for the FIRST EVER TIME (we’ve only ever got it to the airport!) and mosey on over to Old Key West wooo! Beyond excited for this!! We’ll either grab dinner at Goods To Go or if it’s too late and closed, order Giordano‘s wooo!! Then, bed!!!

Day 2 – Sunday 16th October

Our first full day in the magic, and it’s full on haha! We’re meeting my family and quite a few of our friends outside Magic Kingdom at 8.30, in time to watch the opening ceremony :) This is really the only MK time I have with my fam and my little 1 year old nieces so my main focus will be on them today - we’ve got a lot of other days with our friends as they are staying longer :) so, I know I can’t be herding everyone down Main St as it’s the first time they’ve been and they’ll want photos etc so we’re gonna go with the flow and hopefully get to Fantasyland by about 9.30, where we’re going to experience the interactive queue at Peter Pan :) our first FP isn’t til like 10.30 so we’ll try and get a few more rides done in FL before :) then when it starts to get busy we’ve got our FP, yay! We’ve got lunch at Be Our Guest at 12.20 (me, Benj, my brother, his GF and Grace and Alice) which I cannot WAIT for! Can’t wait to see their faces as it’s such a beautiful restaurant!! Our last FP is about 3 I think, so then depending on how tired people are/how busy the park is we’ll hang around a bit longer just taking it all in :) Ben’s Dad and Step Mum are due to arrive at MK about midday so we want to explore the park a bit with them too :)

Me and Benj will need to leave about 5ish as we need to get back to OKW and do the great Dress Handover! My MOH and her husband are flying in and driving from the airport to OKW where they’ll take the dress, check in at GFV, and hang the dress up. YAY! Then I’ll just grab it the day before the wedding when me and Ben check into our room at the GFV (obvs not letting Ben see it!!) Once we’ve handed the dress over, me and Benj are going to explore OKW a bit before our nice easy dinner at Olivias at 7.15. Super excited for this restaurant! Conch fritters to get me in the mood for Nassau!!! Then…BED!!

Day 3 – Stag and Hen do! Monday 17th October

I feel like these days will be more in depth than say our honeymoon days, but I think it‘s because everything Is planned to a T and we’ve been talking about these days for so long now that I know our plans off by heart!! Haha! I hope you’re all enjoying the detail!!! So, day 3. We’re having a teeny tiny lie in before getting to Epcot about 10.30. We have FP with our parents and a bunch of our friends for Soarin and Living with the Land, and then we’re going to grab lunch at Sunshine Seasons as there’s lots of choice for everyone :) At 2pm, we’re meeting all our wedding guests outside the F&W festival emporium at the entrance to the WS! And then, it’s girls vs boys as we drink around the world! I don’t have a concrete plan for this so I need to make one haha but we’re basically going to start in Mexico - Ben wants to start in Canada as he wants to see the folk band play in the UK haha! And then we’ll get drinks and snacks and explore the pavilions, and the plan is to meet in the middle to watch the eat to the beat concert at 6pm, before continuing the rest of the way around, and then meeting up at 9pm to watch Illuminations all together :) Ahhhhh it’s going to be amazing! I can’t even wait :)

Day 4 - Tuesday 18th October

Eeeeee it’s the day before the wedding!!! Today is totally a wedding admin day. We’re getting up early and sending our suitcases to the Grand Floridian (or maybe just dropping them at the GF I can’t remember!). We’re then being picked up by Victoria and Ian, and me and Vic are going to get our nails done while the boys head to Publix to get breakfast and fizz for the wedding morning :) Gutted I’m missing this as we all know how much I love American supermarkets BUT we’re going to walmart later in the holibob so it’s okay :D We’re then all heading back to the GF together to check out our room YAY, chill for a bit, and then get ready for the afternoon’s/evenings festivities. First up is our wedding rehearsal at 4pm! We’ve got 12 people coming to this including us I think so quite a lot, but it’s not at the WP which I’m really please about as I didn’t want everyone seeing it before the wedding day! We’ll then all walk over to the Poly via the WP so I can show my parents :) I think Benj is going to monorail over with the other guests bless him! So excited to show them :) We’ve got a rehearsal dinner at ‘Ohana at 5.55 (precise) and I’m going to call up the day before and try to get one big table :) and also tell them that we need two high chairs for the girls. We’ll be doing wedding gifts here which i’m super excited about!! And obviously, ‘Ohana food is amazinnnngggg!!! So I think dinner will finish about 8.30/9, and I’ll say goodbye to Benj :( ARGH though!!! And head back to the GF with my Mum and Victoria :) Benj is going to Disneyquest with the guys I think, but I want a nice chilled evening and an early ish night as I know i’ll be nervous! So we’re going to watch Father of the Bride, get everything ready for the evening, and hopefully get a good night’s sleep haha!!

Day 5 - Our Fairytale Wedding day!!!

EEEEEEEEE it’s the big day!!!! I imagine we’ll wake up quite early, like 7 maybe? Beaute are coming at 8.30 and I want to be fully awake haha! I won’t go into too much detail here as it’s a different kinda day, well, all the details are in my planning session recaps! In a nutshell, our ceremony is 2.30, cocktail hour 3.30 til 4.30, reception 4.30 til 8.30, and dessert party until 10.15 :) It’s going to be absolutely perfect and I can’t even wait for it!!!!

That’s all for now folks, hope you enjoyed!! :D xxxx

Great update, Libby! I can't believe your big day is SO SO close! This is getting me even more anxious for mine in December. You're so organized and I love it! Then again, if I were coming down from another country, I'm sure I would be super organized as well. I will totally be following along during your trip (need to find you on FB and Instagram) and really looking forward to all of your recaps <3

I.AM.SO.EXCITED!!!!!!

This all sounds so incredibly lovely Libbe! What an amazing trip you have planned. I cannot wait to hear more about it and see your recaps!

PLEASE tell me that you will be doing a trip report / coverage of everything upon your return? If not, I may die! I've been following your plans since you first announced them and I have LOVED your previously trip reports (although, I think I read them on the dibb, not here, but still!)

If we don't gt another update before you leave....BECAUSE ITS SO CLOSE NOW.....I hope you have the most wonderful day and most amazing fairy tale wedding. Wishing you an Benji nothing but love and happiness <3

Cant wait to read all about it! Everything is getting so close. The plans you have sound amazing!

Great update, Libby! I can't believe your big day is SO SO close! This is getting me even more anxious for mine in December. You're so organized and I love it! Then again, if I were coming down from another country, I'm sure I would be super organized as well. I will totally be following along during your trip (need to find you on FB and Instagram) and really looking forward to all of your recaps <3

Thank you lovely! It’s so so so scary close, I cannot believe it!! Feels surereal! So glad you’ve enjoyed reading about our journey :) And of course I’ll be back to share afterwards! Hope you’re getting excited for yours too!!! xxx

Love your plans !

Have a beautiful day !

Thank you so much! xxxxxx

I.AM.SO.EXCITED!!!!!!

This all sounds so incredibly lovely Libbe! What an amazing trip you have planned. I cannot wait to hear more about it and see your recaps!

PLEASE tell me that you will be doing a trip report / coverage of everything upon your return? If not, I may die! I've been following your plans since you first announced them and I have LOVED your previously trip reports (although, I think I read them on the dibb, not here, but still!)

If we don't gt another update before you leave....BECAUSE ITS SO CLOSE NOW.....I hope you have the most wonderful day and most amazing fairy tale wedding. Wishing you an Benji nothing but love and happiness <3

Awww what a lovely comment, thank you so much! It’s so so so exciting, so close now!!! I def will be doing a trip report yes, I want a record of evertything as much as for myself as for you guys! :) xxx

Cant wait to read all about it! Everything is getting so close. The plans you have sound amazing!

Thank you so much!! xxxx

Next lot of daily plans!

Day 6 - The morning after the night before!!!

Ohhhhh trying not to feel upset that our wedding will be over by this point :( But gonna stay posItive and enjoy the rest of our amazing 3 week trip as we’ll still have 2.5 weeks left!!! We’re having a VERY relaxed morning obviously haha as I imagine with an open bar we’ll be feeling it...hehe!! So our original plan was to get room service at the VGF but it’s $$$$ we can’t really justify haha, I imagine we’ll have leftover food from the wedding day breakfast and hopefully some bubbly or something so we can toast our first morning as a married couple :) We need to check out at 11, and then we’re going to send our cases to OKW via Disney, and chill by the GF pool for a few hours :) I imagine a fair few cocktails will be consumed!! We’ll get the bus to OKW ourselves about 3pm, hopefully check into our room, and then get the boat over to Disney Springs for some more chilaxxing and almost definitely some more cocktails. Priobably at Dockside Margaritas as we fell in love with it at Christmas :) We’re then meeting Ben’s Dad and Stepmum for a lovely dinner at Frontera Cocina at 8pm – this was Ben’s choice as he loves Mexican! They have kindly offered to pay for our meal using extra DDP they credits they have which is amazing of them, and means we’ll have more money for all the cocktails we’ll have had haha!!! I imagine we’ll have a fairly early night then as we’ve got a big day the next day!!

Day 7 – Friday 21st October

We’ll be up insanely early today as we’re getting an Uber to Universal for entry at 8am. So the Uber needs to come at like 7 haha! KEEN. So we’ve got a big group of wedding guests coming with us today which is really nice :) me and Benj have luckily got at least another day at Universal as today we won’t get everything done, but we are certainly going to try as some people only hav e 1 day! So it’s 1 day, 2 parks, opening til close! We’re particualryl excited to show our best man WWOHP as he’s a hugeeeee HP fan :) When we’ve exhausted all the Universal has to offer/the gates have closed, we’re going to Margaritaville for dinner, YAY!! Super excited to eat here! I need to book at the beginning of October (last minute amirite!? What are you doing to me Universal!!) So super excited for this dinner! Menu looks amazing so no idea what I’ll have! Afterwards we have rather optimistically made plans to go to Rising Star because one of our friends used to work at Epcot and looooved going here. So that should be fun!!! Then we’ll Uber back to Disney!

Day 8 – Saturday 22nd October

Today is our first visit to Animal Kingdom, again with a few of our friends! We’ll arrive not at RP, I think our EE FP is 9.30-10.30 in case we need a little lie in from the night before… We’ve got all the best FP all sorted, and we’re going to leave mid-afternoon in order to get to Fort Wilderness in plenty of time to explore before our 8pm ADR at Hoop De Doo. We’re all super excited for this – we’ve got a table for 9 all booked and paid off, and we’ll get TiW discount back on the night too, yay!! We’ve got Category 2, couldn’t get 1 as it was sold out :( so really hoping we have a good view. If not, I’ll just get involved with the unlimited wine and it won’t bother me! Win win. So yeah, I’d like to have a stroll around FW first and explore the Halloween decs too as we’ve never been there :) After HDD I imagine we’ll bus it back to our respective hotels and get to bed!

Day 9 – Sunday 23rd October

Hollywood Studios today! We’re rope dropping and again meeting up with a few of our friends :) We’ll probably leave early afternoon and go back to OKW for pool time if we have time, and if not just to get ready and have a nice drink on the balcony as we’re off to Yachtsman Steakhouse tonight with my parents :) I’d originally booked Cali Grill but could only get a 5.50 ADR which bugged me. Then I realized I didn’t actually like the sound of much on the menu – like I’d def force it down, but wasn’t enamored with it, especially when we’re paying OOP. I was wishing we’d booked YS as that’s my fave, but I didn’t want my parents to miss out. Then, while logged into my Dad’s MDE, I realised we’d made them an ADR for YS the next night (when we’re on our cruise!) So I figured I could then try and get a YS ADR for Sunday, and get them a CG one for Monday, and we’d be sorted!! Perfect plan, except CG ADRs are like hens teeth (as my Mum would say!!) I managed to get us a YS for 4 at 8.15 on Sunday so perrrffeeccct, and then stalked and stalked until I finally got them a CG one for 7pm on Monday. So now I’m a much happier bunny! Just need to cancel the CG on Sunday and get my Dad to cancel YS on Monday, and then we’ll be fine at YS cause it’s in my name, and my Mum will just say the reservation is booked under my name when they go to CG. Perfecto! This is the day my parents are doing KTTK so it’ll be really lovely to hear all about their experience and what they learned :) we’d also like to show them around the Boardwalk a bit before dinner as they’ve never been, so super looking forward to this too :) It’ll probably be quite a late night because dinner is fairly late, so we’ll either Uber or bus back to our hotels :)

Day 10 – Monday 24th October

IT’S CRUISE DAY!!!!!!!!

So, we’re planning to have a chilled morning around the OKW pool this morning but if our packing takes a while (which it probably will!) we’ll be in the room lol! We’re get the Disney shuttle to the port and I imagine it’ll come around midday. We’ll then get to the port, check in, wait a while, and be announced on board as THE MILLIERS argghhhhh!!! EEE :D We plan to just explore the ship this afternoon, grab some food, sign up for a cocktail masterclass, and then go see our room! We’re on the 2nd dining rotation cause we’re adults, innit, so I imagine we’ll have a glass of wine on the balcony while we get ready, and then head down to the show, and then dinner. We’re looking forward to meeting our tablemates, I hope they’re lovely!! Oooh we’re so excited for our cruise, it’s unbearable!!

Day 11 - 25th October

This is our Nassau day! So lots of people say not to get off the ship but we’re slightly obsessed with a. pirates, b. rum and c. a show called Black Sails that is set on Nassau so we are for sure getting off! We’ve got a rough plan to visit the rum distillery and go to the food shacks on the beach to eat fried conch, and then we’ll probably go back. We aren’t really shoppers so will be avoiding that area, but we’d really love to explore the island a little bit :) Exciting!! We have a day at sea too so we’re lucky in that we have a bit more time on the ship than 3 day cruisers :) So we’ll go back to the ship after that and probably repeat yesterday’s routine!!

Day 12 - 26th October

Our Castaway Cay day!!

SO excited for this!! We aren’t really beach people but we both think this is what most people spend 2 weeks doing on their honeymoon hahah and we’re super excited for 1 day of just utter relaxation :) We’ll probably get off the ship quite early and then just enjoy a whole day of…nothing!! We’ll probably go straight to the adults beach, and I think Benj wants to do some snorkelling :) Lunch at the BBQ place, probably a lottttt of cocktails, and then back on the ship once we’ve reached our limit, or when the final boarding time arrives haha! Either or :) With that being said, this is our Palo night (carefully planned to coincide with Pirates night) so I do want to have a relaxing time in the room getting ready for our posh meal. It’s not til 8, but we also planned for a lovely drink in the pink champagne bar if we haven’t already been (how better to start off a posh evening than with champagne in what looks like the most beautiful bar ever!!??) ahh this evening will be just perfect, I can’t even wait :) We’ll hopefully then be out just in time to watch the fireworks!

Day 13 - 27th October

A day at sea! This will be just an amazing opportunity to enjoy the ship and just make sure we’ve seen e very single inch of it :) We’ll probably spend the morning by the pool, and then we’re hoping to have a cocktail masterclass in the afternoon :) And then it will be the last show, and our last dinner! Booooo!

Day 14 - 28th October

Debarkation day booooo!! We’ll have one last breakfast, or maybe even breakfast in the room as a special treat, before being kicked off the ship nice and early haha!! We’ll then get the Disney bus to the BOARDWALK woooooooo for the first of our 7 amazing nights here!! We’ll check in and our room prob won’t be ready but well explore the boardwalk and basically just soak up every second of staying here :) In fact I think we’ll take a little pool bag of stuff so we can go to the pool and chill :) When we can get into our room we will, and we’ve got some FP for Epcot mid-afternoon. Which we’ll just WALK TO arghhh!! Can’t even handle the excitement of being able to walk to 2 parks!! We’re then meeting some of our wedding guests for the last night of their holiday for some F&W fun in Epcot :) It’ll be nice to see them all after 4 nights, and Fridays at F&W have a brilliant atmosphere so super looking forward to this. We’re also planning to go to Jellyrolls afterwards for one last hoorah – again, crazy excited for this cause we’ve never been!!

Update

Oh my goodness guys. We are 3 days out from leaving. We go to Heathrow Friday afternoon, and then we fly Saturday morning eeeeee!! We are SO excited!!!! I really really wanted to squeeze in a final update so here goes, I hope I remember everything!

Feeling overwhelmed, and clothes shopping!!

So we’ve had a bit of a rollercoaster of a week/2 weeks. Early last week I began feeling really stressed out and tearful, like feeling like I was going to burst into tears at work (eek!!) and I wasn’t really sure why. I got home on the Monday and we talked it all out and I decided I was just feeling overwhelmed. Which is fair enough, I mean it’s such a huge life event, there’s lot to organise, and it was all just getting a bit much for me. Even though our to do list was looking really good, I just felt like I needed some time to just sit and read Disney wedding trippies and just have a minute to take it all in, if that makes sense? Another thing that was stressing me was clothes, and we realised that this was probably the biggest issue! I just felt really underprepared clothes wise and I really wanted some nice new bits to wear for dinners etc – it is our honeymoon! I’m not a big shopper and this isn’t something that would normally bother me but for some reason it really really was. However, all the shops had A/W stuff in and I couldn’t physically find stuff online that I wanted! But, I set time aside on Tuesday and did a massive ASOS shop with like 9 tops and dresses and jeans. Free next day delivery, sooooo good! And then it all came and I only wanted to keep 1 pair of jeans hahhah!!! Undeterred, I went onto boohoo and placed another huuuuugeee order which came Saturday, again free next day delivery yay! And this time was way more successful, I’m keeping half of it!! And it might sound silly but I am feeling so much happier and stress-free now because I’ve got some lovely clothes to wear and I feel confident that I’ll have choices when we’re out there, and I’ll look nice for my new husband :) :) So YAY, a big thing that has really helped me feel less overwhelmed!!! Here are some sneak peeks of my outfits because I know we all love a cheeky outfit haul :D

IMG_5238_zps1gxlgmxf.jpg

IMG_5211_zpslemdr8cd.jpg

IMG_5242_zpsf7l7f4yq.jpg

IMG_5249_zpsladijrqv.jpg

IMG_5250_zpso9use0ch.jpg

IMG_5244_zpsyy60vhgv.jpg

Shipping

So this was another thing thart I hadn’t realised had been stressing me out, but it had. Haha! We’d always planned to ship all our ceremony and reception bits in a box to the GF. Once we checked in the day before the wedding, we’d split out half into a bag for the ceremony, half for the reception, and we’d keep our gifts to give our at our rehearsal dinner. So we chose a box and packed it all up and it all fit perfectly. We got some quotes online for about £50 so not bad, but then we realised they were like shipping brokers, not the actual shipping companies. I Googled it and although the chances of the package going missing were no higher if you used a broker, quite a few people were saying that the customer service was a bit of a mare because obviously you wouldn’t be dealing with the actual companies. Soooo I started worrying. Chances are the box would reach the GF fine. But what if it didn’t? The box had all our gifts, tablenames, sequin tablecloth, placecards, Mr and Mrs sign, cake topper….loads of little bits that weren’t necessarily high cost, but in terms of sentimental value and trying to replace them all the day before the wedding…total mare!!! We’ve spent like 6 months collecting them all!

SO our awesome best man is taking it for us in a cabin case we’ve borrowed :) And Benj is taking the last few bits that won’t fit, in his cabin case which also has his suit and shoes in. I felt soooooo much better once we had decided to do this, it just means our wedding bits will always be in sight, and fingers crossed all will go smoothy. I actually think this was weighing on my mind more than I realised, and once we decided to do that, I felt so much happier. Our best man has collected the case tonight too, so all is well!

Drama!

So the last couple of weeks have also been a bit dramatic. The exchange rate has obviously fallen on its, shall we say, bottom!! Which is pretty annoying, especially as we voted to stay which makes it even more frustrating. But hey, nothing we can do about it. We’ve changed over all our spending money now so there’s no point stressing, we’re not going to let it affect our dream trip :)

Hurricane Matthew was also another stressful experience...we were watching the news like crazy over the weekend and hoping everyone stayed safe as it was so so awful :( Obviously the effect it had on Haiti and other areas was horrendous and the whole thing was just awful, but we are thankful it seemed to miraculously not hit Orlando as much as was expected. Emotional rollercoaster!

Just to finish our week off a treat, Ben’s faithful car died on Thursday :( Poor Sammy the Saxo!! Nothing we can do though again, it’s way too much to fix, and we can’t afford a new one slash haven’t got time before the wedding. So he’s getting lifts to work luckily for the forseeable future, and we’ll deal with it when we get back. He doesn’t want to spend these last few days worrying about that so we’re putting it out of our minds. On a similar note, work is both so so so busy for both of us at the moment that I honestly feel like I don’t have a second to think about the wedding until I’m driving home and then I get little bursts of excitement :) :) As I was driving home today Robbie William’s ‘Angels’ came on the radio and I started crying haha! We had our first kiss to that song and it holds special memories so I got totes emosh!!! I really think it’s starting to hit me now eeeekkkk!! Anyway, carrying on the update now!!

Cruise stickers

Obviously we needed to decorate our cruise door for our 4 night DIsney Dream cruise! I made us some super cute just married stickers and bought magnetic tape so we can stick them up on our cabin door when we get on the cruise :D Do you like them?

Calls with vendors

We had a call with Trinity about 2 weeks ago which was really helpful, and one with Ashley our photographer last night. We love Ashley sooooo much!! So we’ve got a detailed timeline of where we need to be and when, and I think everyones on the same page which is awesome :) It’s so so mad Skyping these people and just casually chatting away about our wedding day which is A WEEK TOMORROW, me and Benj kept getting little excitement moments and just like squeezing each others arms haha :) :D

Marriage licence

I can’t remember if I mentioned this in my last update but we got the forms from Brevard County Court, filled them in, took them to a local registered notary who witnessed us signing them (and charged us £85 :() and then we emailed them back to the court. The whole process was super easy and way less stressful for us than having to find time to get to the courthouse given our limited time before the wedding, and the fact that we don’t have a car. Hurricane Matthew posed a slight threat as the court closed its offices over the weekend, but our licence has now been posted to Rev Tim :) Yay!

Wedding perfume

This doesn’t seem worthy of an entire section haha ut I am so in love with my wedding day perfume! My Mum actually suggested it to me when we were in Debenhams and I wasn’t expecting to like it as we have quite different tastes but I LOVED it!! It’s La Vie est Belle by Lancome, I got the 50ml EDP and my gorgeous friend and wedding guest Lucy bought it for me using her John Lewis discount woooo!! I’d like to wear it for my whole honeymoon though as it’s so gorgeous and can’t really bring more than 1 perfume - is this not allowed!? SHould it only be the actual wedding day, will it ruin my memories when I smell it once we’re home!? Thoughts please!

Dress

My dress is now at the shop with all alterations made yay! My Mum is picking it up for me Thursday and dropping it round bless her cause they’re only open 9-4 (flexible, ha) and obvs I work 9.5.30 like a normal person. I have this box for it…

IMG_4947_zpsb1xjnnxe.png

Isn’t it beautifuL!! I can’t wait to carry this on our travel day, I think it’s so so lovely :D What with my Bride jumper and Bride dress box, there’ll be no confusion about who I am hahaha!!

I also Disney-fied my shoes :)

IMG_5120_zpsrryj5j2y.jpg

Table names and place settings

We finally sorted out our table names! We’re so pleased with how they came out :) My darling Dad spray painted the frames gold to match our theme, and I resized some attraction posters in Photoshop and put a vintage-y effect on them to make them all look similar :) So pleased!!

IMG_5184_zpsja4qsl5g.jpg

And I made this sign for our guestbook!

IMG_5185_zps0pilwqea.jpg

I also did our name cards! I bought the cards ages ago and was going to ask someone who was good at writing to write them for us as we tried them and they didn’t look that great, but then the person who was going to help (my Mum’s colleague) had loads going on and in the end we decided it would be just be easier if we did them. So I did! I wrote the names in a nice swirly font that we’ve used throughout our wedding stationery (our ‘brand’ as Benj calls it hehe) and then used my phone as a kind of lightbox to go over the font if that makes sense? The cardstock of the name cards is really thick though so I kind of had to make up the thinner lines haha, but they’re done! I’m actually so pleased with how they look too! :)

IMG_5173_zpsu6yrdidy.jpg

We started packing on the weekend...this was my initial attempt!±

IMG_5174_zpsrgfzs1ha.jpg

I’ve pretty much finished now though :)

Righteo I really need to get to bed and get some sleep!! We’ve got 2 full days left at work, Benj is off Fri but I’ve got a half day. So the next two evenings will be spent beautifying (moi), packing, and getting excited!!! I honestly can not WAIT for that taxi to arrive at 3.30pm on Friday because then the holiday can really, truely begin!!!

Things still left to do according to the document that’s been my bible for the last year or so - a google doc called ‘Wedding Jobs’ that I colour code things green when theyre done :D

Send Ashley shot list for photos

Photocopy passports/take photo on phone

Finalise music and put on Spotify offline on iphone/ipads etc

Write vows (a fairly big one, this…)

Write Ben’s card

Receive final orders Superdrug, Boots etc (last minute haha)

We’ve also got some things to once we get out there i.e. send out our room number to people, hopefully cancel Carolyn Allens if my dress doesn’t need steaming (everyone thinks it won’t which is good!) so I’ve got a separate list for that. I also need to do all the usual wash hair, paint nails, beautify bits etc! Ooh and I need to save trippies offline on my ipad for the flight, essench!!!

I’m sorry this wasn’t a super long update but I’m really running out of time to get stuff done! I’ve still got the last of my daily plans to write which I’ll hopefully manage to do! Annndddd for now, I’ll leave you with my countdown...eeeekkk!!!

IMG_5271_zpsa9jb6y8m.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter