benefits with DVC

Craig Adams

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me of other benefits you get with DVC, like discounts off ticket prices and other things.
We are thinking about having a look at DVC on our next trip ( Nov 03) and I would like to get as much info before hand as I can, I know it seems a little early but I like to be prepared.

Sorry Craig, I thought I replied to this earlier, but I've been having some PC problems so I guess it didn't post :(

First and foremost I would suggest you contact DVC member services and ask for a copy of the Video and information pack, do remind them you want a UK format as one for the US market wont work here.

There are many different perks (too many to list) and it depends on what you like, three I can think of immediately are the discounted golf packed for Disney courses which is pretty good value if you're a keen golfer and would visit with other golfers, the pool hopping that you can use most of the other Disney hotel pools while staying on DVC using your points and there are a number of restaurant/shop/bar discounts that are in effect at different times of the week/month/year.

I would point out that all these "perks" are really just fluff, maybe icing on the cake is a better phrase. Disney has the right to change or completely drop any or all of the perks it offers so IMHO you should concentrate on the basic offering ( accommodation) to work out if the program makes sense to your family or not. Anything on top of that is nice, but it really is a very minor part of whats on offer. For anyone who plans to be a regular visitor to Disney, likes top quality accommodation and would like to stay on site then I think that DVC stands up very well in it's most pared down form. If the extras are there at a time you would use them it's great, but I wouldn't make your choice based on the extras being a deciding factor.

I haven't found the DVC ticket discounts to be of any use to me, I either get annual passes and make 2 (or more :D) trips within 12 months, or take a break from Disney parks, visit Universal/SW/BG , enjoy the resort facilities and maybe get a single day pass for any of the parks I particularly want to visit that trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!