Bergen, Norway- Iconic Norway by Train and Bus excursion?

sjedelen67

Mouseketeer
Anyone back from Norway Cruise take the Bergen train and bus excursion? I think my family would enjoy it unless it is too much of the trains and busses for 9 hours. Just want to make sure we sign up for the best excursions that are offered and don't want to miss anything as this will probably be our only trip to Norway. Thanks for all the help

We were on the nine night Norwegian fjords cruise and LOVED it. That said, we did do an all day tour in Bergen and I really wish I hadn't. Bergen is a larger city, with beautiful markets, gorgeous architecture, and lots to do walking around.

Because of our schedule (we weren't bus and train, we were bus and ferry) we missed all of it. If I ever get the chance to visit Bergen again, the whole day will be on my own.

We were on the nine night Norwegian fjords cruise and LOVED it. That said, we did do an all day tour in Bergen and I really wish I hadn't. Bergen is a larger city, with beautiful markets, gorgeous architecture, and lots to do walking around.

Because of our schedule (we weren't bus and train, we were bus and ferry) we missed all of it. If I ever get the chance to visit Bergen again, the whole day will be on my own.

This is so true. You can get a Bergen card which gives you public transportation if you want to explore further afoot. The museums near the ship will give you a discount card when you pay admission that cuts admission at all other area museums by 50% if you do not get a Bergen card; this is a better deal if you want to stay in town. Bergen is very walkable with so much to do, and the ship docks in a very convenient location. If you have a specific place outside of Bergen that you want to see, an independent tour operator or DCL excursion might be a good option, but Bergen itself offers plenty to do on your own.

Norway is a wonderful place to visit. It is very tourist friendly. I went also thinking it would be our only trip to Norway. Now we are planning a return trip because we loved it so much.

I did this excursion a couple years ago. Does anyone remember the name of the restaurant they took us to? We're looking to go back to Norway this year and I want to try and find an excursion that takes us back to that restaurant.
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter