BE's never-ending fun ** 4 completed TR's ** Thousands of Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belle Ella

DIS Veteran
Belle Ella's never ending Trip Report

I had so much fun chronicling the before, during, and aftermath of my last Disney vacation that I just couldn't stop. Thanks for dropping in and I hope you stick around. I love the company!

Starring ...

3460130269_e08b4a94ae.jpg

Me! ::MinnieMo My name is Jessica, although I prefer to go by my nickname Jazz, also known as Belle Ella here on on the DIS boards. I'm a 23 year old Washington-born gal who was raised in California's Bay Area (just about 6 hours from Walt's park), which I honestly hope never to leave. Crazy, right? I love it here. Despite growing up in a family of non-Disney and non-Theme park lovers, I am a huge Disney addict and I'm always trying to find an excuse and the proper timing to go back. My favorite Disney movie and character of all time is without a doubt the original Princess, Snow White! Belle has to come in for a close second followed by Cinderella (who my cat is named after). I'm currently working with Target, where I have been for almost 6 years now :-)eek: no idea how that happened) and working my way through school. Too bad I still have no idea what I want to study. Ho hum! Apart from Disney I'm also a huge Twilight addict, and I love me some Sharks hockey!!

Just a word of warning to everyone, I love to talk. I am a babbler by nature, so be prepared for some long posts down the road. If that's your thing, awesome :thumbsup2 and if it's not your thing ... feel free to ignore the words and enjoy the pretty-pretty-pictures! :rotfl:

The Supporting Cast ...

(coming soon)

Rewind & Fasty-Forward
read up on my past DL excursions with some handy-dandy clickies to speed up the process!

July 2006 - DLH - The Vacation that almost never was

The PTR

1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6 || 7 || 8 || 9 || 10 || 11 || 12 || 13 || 14 || 15 || 16 || 17 ||

June 2007 - 1 night/3 days - GCH + 3 days of San Diego fun

The PTR

Day One ... 1

Day Two ... 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6 || 7 || 8
*Disneyland Day 1

DLR Day 1 & 2 Photo Album

Day Three ... 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6 || 7 || 8 || 9
*Disneyland Day 2

Day Four ... 1

Day Five ... 1 || 2 || 3
*Disneyland Day 3

Day Six & Seven ... 1

March 2009 - 3 nights/4 days - HOJO - Frick & Frack's Excellent Adventure

Day One ... 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6 || Photo Album

Day Two ... 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6 || 7 || 8 || 9 || Photo Album

Day Three ... 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6 || 7 || 8 || 9 || 10 || 11 || 12 || 13 || 14 || 15 || 16 || 17 || 18 || 19 || 20 || 21 || 22 || 23 || Photo Album

Day Four ... 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || Photo Album

September 2009 - 4 nights/5 days - HOJO - Frick & Frack's Bogus Journey

The PTR

Day One ... 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6 || 7 || 8 || Photo Album

Day Two ... 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 7 || 8 || 9 || Photo Album

Day Three ... 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6 || 7 || Photo Album

Day Four ... 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6 || 7 || 8 || Photo Album

Day Five ... 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6 || 7 || Photo Album

Day Six ... 1 || Photo Album

Dun, dun, dun!

I wanted to make a trip report so I could always relive out every minute of this year's first - and I say first because I will be back for my birthday in September if it's the last thing I do - trip to Disneyland. Not to mention there aren't very many people in my life who will tolerate the full extent of my Disney obsession, so it make sense to share with people who will understand. So thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to get this rolling.

The Cast

Frick a.k.a. Dre a.k.a RiverLou (who will be contributing to the madness)
Frack a.k.a Jazz a.k.a Belle Ella (hey wait, that's me)

The Journey

We're making the trek down south from this crazy little town about an hour east of San Francisco - it's about 6 hours give or take (meaning give all thanks to traffic). We're leaving this crap-hole nice and early (try 2 AM - the joys of being a regular on the no sleep train) on a Friday morning (March 27th) and we'll be coming on home sometime Monday afternoon depending on whether or not someone decides she wants to attend her photo class or spend a couple of extra hours park-hopping (guess which of the two will win out).

There will be plenty of input from the both of us about all of the goings-on since it's all we can talk about anyways. Catch 'ya soon!

Ooh! Background on how this trip came about!

We're both total Mouseheads, and this trip has been a long time coming. We've been trying to organize another visit since July 2006 (the last time we went together) but things have been falling through since then. The trick, as it would turn out, is to go for the short term so nobody can back out!

I've been looking to take a weekend or so off work, because I need a break badly. I haven't taken a vacation in about 2 years now and it's just about time. Actually, it's overdue. I was going to take the weekend of March 21st off just so I could get my midnight copy of Twilight, and go to a hockey game (go SHARKS) on Saturday and just veg on Sunday, but as it turns out my boss (who's the only person I work with who can cover my shift effectively) doesn't get back from her vacation until 2 days later. Well, that option went out the window.

Besides, what kind of vacation is that?

So I get to thinking ... I really, really, really want to get away. No ... I really, really, really need to take that Disneyland vacation I have been talking about for close to two years now. Which is when my obsessive nature starts to take over and I don't hesitate in looking online for a cheaper alternative than my past excursions (GCH in 2007 and 2004, DH in 2006) because otherwise I couldn't afford going right now. Let's just say I jumped out of my seat the second I saw an open reservation for the end of March and it was like music to my ears, recalling what my boss had said that morning: "Now way, Jose. But I could cover for you the next weekend." It didn't mean much to me at the time, but now it was like sun had just come up after a long winter and birds were chirping, and - well, you get the picture. I didn't hesitate in calling my partner in crime to try and leave her subtle hints (that thankfully she got otherwise I'd have to place a mob hit on her) and the decision is made:

Disney, here comes trouble!!

While I'm here I wanted to share some pics of my past couple of DLR vacations (July '06 and June '07). But then I realize the problem with being a real shutterbug: You have barely any pictures of yourself! I have one out of the hundreds from my '06 trip!

But here's that one photo from 2006 with the infamous Captain Jack:
4570091994_9ff927c033.jpg

Ah! Not only is it horrible that I don't have many pics of myself but I don't have any with Frick and I together either.

And 2007 brought Mary Poppins, which was my highlight (even if it doesn't look like it, :lmao:):
3753752968_e69b8d3fc6.jpg

I'm taking my new D-SLR along with us and I'm really looking forward to shooting images for my photography class, which means manual all the way. No way is anyone getting their hands on my baby. Not to mention that even if they did, I doubt anyone would get a picture that I'd ever show in public (Frick, I'm counting on you here!). Gotta find a way I can make that work.

Note to self: Make sure you have plenty of verifiable proof you were there this time a.k.a. pics or it didn't happen!

Any ideas on the best way to make it happen?

OK, here is my first state of the adventure address!

So the hotel room was booked on Wednesday night (which would make that ... last night). That's a pretty big step right there - we can't really spend three nights in Southern California, hours from home, without a place to sleep now could we? I don't know about Frick, but it's all I can think about. I was sitting at work today, gabbing with anyone who would listen about our travel plans, and then in my History class (America after the Civil War) I couldn't concentrate on anthing. You should see my pages of doodled notes related to what we could be doing each day, what I need to pack, you name it. I even started a pro-con list of what character meal we should make a reservation for.

Hey! Speak of the devil, that's my accomplishment for the day. We have 2 official meals planned for our stay. The very, very essential dinner at the Blue Bayou (Saturday night | day 2), and the character meal that we chose: the Minnie & Friends breakfast (Monday morning | day 4).

I can't imagine going to DL anymore without having a stop by the Blue Bayou - it makes the whole trip just for the atmosphere alone. It will be my first time there for dinner service, which for me is exciting. I've promised myself (and Frick) that for me this trip is going to be about doing a lot of things I haven't done before. Would that also include a mandatory anything-but-salmon-for-dinner rule? I hope not. I am hoping, however, for a better experience than the last time I went. I was pretty excited because I was there for my birthday (and I was alone for the whole vacation, which I loved) and got seater at a waterside table and proceeded to ahve flash after flash after flash go off in my face from the people on Pirates. It was pretty annoying since I didn't have anything to distract me other than the same idiots with their cameras yelling at you to throw something at them. Ridiculous.

And our breakfast on Monday will also be my first character meal ever. :woohoo: I've wanted to do this for a while now, but each time I went I either couldn't squeeze it in time wise or else I didn't have the cash-ola. I am fully prepared this time, however. I've always loved to hear stories and see the pictures from these things and they look like so much fun. I can't wait for my turn!

The character meals are lots of fun!!! We've done the Minnie & Friends, the food is so-so (IMO) but lots of great classic characters. In fact, at times it's almost impossible to eat, so the food is not the reason we go to this one.

I've included a couple pics from our trip last March of this meal:
D4-19.jpg

D4-33.jpg

D4-7.jpg

D4-24.jpg

We saw Minnie, Chip, Dale, Hook, Pooh, Eeyore, Rafiki, Fairy Godmother, & Max..... lots of interaction.
You'll have a blast!! :rotfl:

Thanks for sharing the pics! Ooh, I just love that dining area. Frick's done the M&F meal before and she loved it, so after that it was kind of a no-brainer. I hope she doesn't mind not doing a different one, but there's always when we go again in September to do another.

28 days to go!!

In reality, it has to be less than that though, since we'll be leaving long, long, long before the break of dawn. I think our current plan (as discussed yesterday) is to leave Martinez around 2 in the morning that Friday. Are we crazy or what? I figure with no traffic, it's about a 6 hour drive, so when you factor in all the morning traffic we'll hit in various areas, we'll still be arriving in the morning. The park opens it's gates at 8 a.m. (10 a.m. for DCA), so we obviously wont be there first thing in the morning, but I'm willing to sacrifice at most a couple of hours. Hopefully we can cover enough ground with the speed demon at the wheel that we can make up some time in traffic areas. That may just be wishful thinking though.

Is it completely crazy of me to think I can start day #1 at Disneyland off with a 2 a.m. morning? Frick has the luxury of sleeping in the car if she's so inclined, but I'll be the one driving all the way from point a to point b. And I don't mind at all. I love driving; or maybe it's that I hate being in a car if someone else is driving, who knows. I've done the straight drive twice before, so I know that wont be an issue, but I don't think I've ever left that early and then done a full day at the park. My sister and I left between 3 and 4 when went, if I'm not mistaken, and I know I was able to last that full day then. I just get so wired sleep is never needed. It's like the magic of Disney keeps me going!

We just want as many full days as possible. We've got Saturday and Sunday for sure, and then Monday morning before we drive home, but I'd rather have another full day (or as close to it as it we can get) then only a half-day. Otherwise I doubt I'd really have time to do everything that we want to do.

Sooner or later I'm going to get that girl over here to share her side of the madness. She's very resistent in every way sometimes. Or maybe I'm just too obsessive. It's part of my charm.

So I got my first LGMH's today!! I'm excited to play around with those. Pretty soon I'm heading back to Home Depot to pick up some other colors because we're going to follow a few suggestions and make a countown calnedar with them! It's going to be a fun project, all done while watching The Little Mermaid!

Oh, and I'm going to start brainstorming some ideas for a Photo Scavenger Hunt, so if anyone has ideas please share them. I'm looking for things that we need to find, or places where we need to get pictures of ourselves, or silly poses. The more input, the merrier!

We started making our countdown calendar! :cool1: It's been a fun afternoon! Here are some pics to share:

3314743535_54387c05c6.jpg

We were thinking that we were going to use the glitter sticky paper to line our countdown days, then we had the idea to use them with our LGMH as a fun backing. We're still playing around with things. They're foam papers so they're a little tricky to do what we originally had in mind but we're determined to figure it out!

Then of course there is the fun with every Micky paint chip that our Home Depot had (they were out of 3 of the purples). There ended up being just enough for our 28 day countdown (DIS-Day is in the Alien Green) and then the black and white are our "foot prints" on the back of the board.

3314745231_919f393715.jpg

3315573684_4e7fffb308.jpg

We had to figure out what order we wanted to arrange them in. We're going to do something fun with an old school Mickey Mouse and the white/black glitter sticky paper on the left hand side and the name of our calendar (because it deserves one) will be going across the center.

3315575342_c9661fc498.jpg

3314741165_4eb4426aef.jpg

And then 2 of us in the process of working on it!

3315577404_0cc262de04.jpg

^ Frick

3314739619_af10c192f0.jpg

^ Frack

I'm actually at her house now and I'll be sure she drops in to say hello this time!

The Journey

We're making the trek down south from this crazy little town about an hour east of San Francisco - it's about 6 hours give or take (meaning give all thanks to traffic). We're leaving this crap-hole nice and early (try 2 AM - the joys of being a regular on the no sleep train) on a Friday morning (March 27th) and we'll be coming on home sometime Monday afternoon depending on whether or not someone decides she wants to attend her photo class or spend a couple of extra hours park-hopping (guess which of the two will win out).

There will be plenty of input from the both of us about all of the goings-on since it's all we can talk about anyways. Catch 'ya soon!

ANOUNCEMENT: Frack will NOT be going to her photography class!:p

-Frick

Pff! Why not, my photography class is full of win! Lovell is the funniest and funnest teacher in the history of fun and funny teachers.

Well if that is so I'm quite sure she will be when you are back the monday after. Pff :p:earboy2:

-Frick

That she will be. Except we'll have class on Wednesday night too.

So! Brainstorming our Photo Scavenger Hunt - any ideas?

That she will be. Except we'll have class on Wednesday night too.

So! Brainstorming our Photo Scavenger Hunt - any ideas?

Jade Elephant at the ice cream parlor, not much of a hunt because it is pretty huge but anywho.

-Frick

Your countdown calendar looks like so much fun, be sure to post a pic of it when its all done. Usually all I do it is a cheap and easy paper chain....LOL

I think we might overlap by a day on the 27th!

I am all for leaving at two in the morning that is what we used to do when I was younger. Now though we leave around 7 PM and we miss out on all the rush hour traffic and I can get a few hours sleep when I get down there.

I am all for leaving at two in the morning that is what we used to do when I was younger. Now though we leave around 7 PM and we miss out on all the rush hour traffic and I can get a few hours sleep when I get down there.

We were going to lave earlier but I wouldn't want to get there so much earlier than things opening and we can't get into our hotel room until after 3 I think. Anything we can do to get more time in the park I am all game for, though.

Your countdown calendar looks like so much fun, be sure to post a pic of it when its all done. Usually all I do it is a cheap and easy paper chain....LOL

I think we might overlap by a day on the 27th!

Looks like we might!

And I brought the calendar back to my house to finish it and it's all done (minus the actual counting down which will be done every morning)! I did get a little lazy and hand wrote part of it in with a silver Sharpie. Shame one. But other than that, I think it looks great! My back was starting to hurt while I was cutting out the lettering so I kind of gave up. Not to mention I have to go to work at 10 tonight and I want to get some sleep before!

3317896452_d7a035d03a.jpg

Frick here! Woohoo I can finally post some pics. :woohoo:

From 2007-

En Garde!
3314234703_025ec4b68c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter