• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Besides the beach...what else to do in VB?

melanie18

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of going to Vero Beach for 2 nts before heading to WDW. Even though we kind of want it to be a "lazy" stay at VB, what else is there to do besides the beach? It will be myself, DH and DD5.

After two separate stays at VB, we probably won't go back any time soon. While we love the resort, itself, we found that the beach was too narrow, and the water too rough to enjoy the beach experience much, and there was not alot to do in the surrounding area. Others may disagree. In fact, I'm looking forward to finding out that I am wrong, and there is more out there!

Melanie - I would suggest you do a search on VB. There are some lengthy threads on favorite activities at VB as well as dining options.

We enjoyed the shipwreck museum in VB and also took a trip out to view Pelican Island. Very close to the resort. I'm sure you'll find some ideas that appeal to your family in these threads.

Have a great trip!

I spend a few days there several years ago. I greatly enjoyed sitting by the pool and reading, sitting by the pool and napping, and sitting by the pool and soaking up the sun. I guess my point is that to me, Vero Beach is not about doing much of anything, which makes it a nice change from WDW, where I'm always on the go.

JoEllen said:
Melanie - I would suggest you do a search on VB. There are some lengthy threads on favorite activities at VB as well as dining options.

We enjoyed the shipwreck museum in VB and also took a trip out to view Pelican Island. Very close to the resort. I'm sure you'll find some ideas that appeal to your family in these threads.

Have a great trip!

Here is one of those threads:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=320208

There is a mini-golf course at the resort - bet your 5 year old will enjoy playing with Mom & Dad.

Best wishes-

some teams plays baseball close by.

Kennedy Space Center is not a far drive.

but you do go to VB for the beach.

The beach is much bigger since the storms last year.

The new boardwalk is very nice. When we go to VB, we just relax. We always have enough to do there-mini golf, beach, pool, slide, activities, playing checkers in the Green Cabin Room. In fact, we like VB better than WDW.

We were just there over the weekend and it was a blast.

NOTHING!!!!! That's the point of being there for me! ::yes::

Thanks for the input everyone! Since it is only 2 nights, I'm thinking there will probably be enough to do @ the resort alone. That's fine by me.

As for the beach itself, we have plenty here in NJ (sounds like they are much bigger too!).

I liked the pool at Vero, mini golf, the area across the road for basketball, tennis, and soccer, parasailing and renting waverunners down the road at the dock, and EATING! Their champagne brunch was to-die-for! There is also lots of golf and a mall for shopping. I stayed three days in an Inn room, Ocean side, and enjoyed a lovely romantic get-away with DH, celebrating 34 years of marriage, with a wonderful dinner and wine in our room. We took the table out onto the balcony, and the ocean in the background really set the mood. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter