Best 1TS Credit on Monorail Line- not signature!!

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
We aren't on the DDP but looking for your favorite TS (NOT signature) spot on monorail line (including MK!). Looking for a reasonable priced meal on the line!
Thank you!

We were going to try ohana for dinner, but our niece (9) said she would rather do breakfast at 1900 pf so that’s what we are gonna try. I’ve seen mixed reviews on both so Idk if you will get a clear answer.

We are big Ohana fans, but to be fair, have only eaten at one other monorail restaurant (chef mickey’s)

'Ohana is the popular choice. We have eaten there twice and have found the food to be subpar and dry, the service to be pretty bad and the price to be expensive for what it is. Overhyped and underwhelming. It's one thing to use a DDP credit for it, its another thing to pay OOP for it.

If you are looking for a good meal that is reasonably priced, we like The Wave at the CR and the Grand Floridian Café at GF. If you have a Disney Visa you can get the 10% discount at both. Inside MK, The Plaza is probably the least expensive TS restaurant and does the trick and we also like Skippers Canteen.

We love Ohana for dinner, The Wave for breakfast, We did not care for the 1900 dinner food but the characters are awesome, breakfast there is better. CP in MK is decent, The Plaza in MK is good, Skippers Canteen is also very good but has different types of food, not for the picky or average eater.

We've had a consistently good meal at The Wave. IMO, the food quality and taste is better than 'Ohana. The only time we eat 'Ohana food is when we are staying at the Poly and order the Twilight Feast as room service and we're in for the night.

I would pick The Wave or the Grand Floridan Cafe over 'Ohana.

Thanks everyone!! We are actually staying at BLT and already have Ohana for a night! We are meeting friends who want to stay "close" to the hotel for dinner but don't want signature prices- I don't know where to take them for a good meal that is sort of unique! Thank you!! Im glad to see the wave is popular because it seems super easy to get into!!

The Wave. much easier to get into than 'Ohana, too, but that is because there is no theming to speak of.

Ohana absolutely. The restaurant is nicely themed, I've always had great server/cast member interaction, the food is incredible (I've only had dinner), and it's all you can eat. I've always made a dinner reservation there every time visiting WDW. Without a doubt, Ohana!

We were going to try ohana for dinner, but our niece (9) said she would rather do breakfast at 1900 pf so that’s what we are gonna try. I’ve seen mixed reviews on both so Idk if you will get a clear answer.

The breakfast food at 1900 Park Fare is excellent, but the dinner food, not so much, both in terms of quality and selection. The characters at both meals are good, but the ones at 1900 PF dinner (Cindy and her family) are outstanding.

Food-wise, the converse is true at Ohana. The dinner food is awesome, but the breakfast food is not good at all. No characters at Ohana dinner, so can’t compare that piece. I’m sure the characters are fine at Ohana’s breakfast. It’s the reconstituted powdered eggs that bring it down.

They used to have a wonderful woman at Ohana’s dinner who entertained and played games with the kids. For reasons I do not understand, she no longer performs at Ohana. I read somewhere that she still works at Polynesian providing entertainment for the resort guests. It’s just the Ohana’s dinner where she has stopped entertaining.

Reasonably priced
On the monorail line
Unique

I'd go to one of the lounges and make a meal off of beverages and appetizers. I love Territory Lounge (a lovely boat ride over to WL from BLT) for its quiet atmosphere, Trader Sam's Outdoor area for the beautiful landscaping and live entertainment, Kona Island Sushi Bar at the Polynesian, or the California Grill Lounge for that amazing view and the goat cheese ravioli app.

If you are looking for a more traditional meal, I really enjoy The Wave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter