Best 1TS Credit on Monorail Line- not signature!!

In 4 trips we have eaten at Ohanas 7 times and we have never had a bad meal. My 17 year old daughter insists in eating there twice every trip (she is a carnivore). Its just a fun place to eat and always schedule it around the fireworks at MK. Another place we have had fun at is 1900 Park Fare for dinner.

Thanks everyone!! We are actually staying at BLT and already have Ohana for a night! We are meeting friends who want to stay "close" to the hotel for dinner but don't want signature prices- I don't know where to take them for a good meal that is sort of unique! Thank you!! Im glad to see the wave is popular because it seems super easy to get into!!

I know that you said Monorail - but if you are willing to take the boat from BLT / Contemporary to Fort Wilderness - I'd recommend Trails End. Its actually one of the most reasonably priced meals on site and I think the atmosphere at Fort Wilderness is pretty fun.

Since you are already doing 'Ohana, I would join the chorus and say The Wave. I personally would choose Kona over 'Ohana, but if I already had 'Ohana on my itinerary, I would have no burning desire to go to Kona as well. Not that the menus have a huge overlap, but there are enough similarities in style that I would want to try something else.

And if really young children are in the mix, I would bite the bullet and go to Chef Mickey's.

We aren't on the DDP but looking for your favorite TS (NOT signature) spot on monorail line (including MK!). Looking for a reasonable priced meal on the line!
Thank you!

Reasonable is the key word, particularly when applied to the Disney prices and food quality.

Ohana, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey ... no. More novelty than quality.

I vote The Wave as well. The meals are very reasonable. I think it's one of those hidden gems.

Kona has always been good for us, but like said if they are already going to Ohana, try someplace new.

I enjoy Grand Floridian cafe for lunch, likely would not go for dinner.

Personally I think the GREATEST value OOP is California Grill. Don't order the entrees. We stopped doing that. We order a sushi, a few flatbreads and maybe another appetizer to share. It is often one of our lowest priced meals, even at some QS if we get drinks. We always book to enjoy the fireworks as well. We average less than $25 per person.

I know that you said Monorail - but if you are willing to take the boat from BLT / Contemporary to Fort Wilderness - I'd recommend Trails End. Its actually one of the most reasonably priced meals on site and I think the atmosphere at Fort Wilderness is pretty fun.
Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge is also pretty easy to get to, using that boat.

The Wave would be my top choice, followed by Ohana. We have been to Ohana a dozen times and have had 1 not so good dinner, but that was due to a poor server more than anything.

Do you consider Epcot as being "on the monorail" or just the MK loop of the monorail?

If you are looking for a traditional meal, where everyone orders their own entree, then I would recommend the Wave, good food quality and the restaurant is relaxed.

You can have an excellent tapas style meal at California Grill by choosing a variety of apps and sushi. The restaurant is beautiful, the views are amazing and they have an excellent wine cellar.

The Wave for sure. Next would be Kona.

Yet another vote for The Wave. I was a major fan of Kona Cafe for every trip, until the most recent one. I don't care for their new menu at all. The Wave is great for dinner or breakfast. I haven't tried their lunch yet, but I'm guessing that would also be good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter