Best 3-prong waist/fanny pack that fits an iPad mini?

erinch

Parsing the same ee cummings poem for 20 years
They’re not stylish, but for many rides a 3 prong waist pack can’t be beat. My reliable Damien, with an inner soft lining won’t fit my new iPad mini. Any suggestions for an upgrade? Thanks!
Erin C-H

They’re not stylish, but for many rides a 3 prong waist pack can’t be beat. My reliable Damien, with an inner soft lining won’t fit my new iPad mini. Any suggestions for an upgrade? Thanks!
Erin C-H

Please don’t be one recording rides like Pirates of the Caribbean holding your iPad up ruining it for others! It stinks being in a boat and having some inconsiderate person holding up lighted iPad ! Ruins the experience

Sorry just had to say that! Have a great trip and good luck in your search.

Who would record on a ride? Geez. This is the mini, which I’ll be using for photos, MDE, and amusement while in lines!

Who would record on a ride?

TONS of people. I’ve done it, but with the brightness turned all the way down and/or with my phone in a position where no one else can see it. And not on dark rides. The problem is the people with a phone or iPad up in the air with the brightness turned way up during rides, shows, fireworks, whatever. There was a lady next to me at Fantasmic last year recording the entirety of the show on a full size iPad with the screen lit. And another one next to me at HEA trying to record with the flash on. And there are always tons of people with the phone or iPad held above their heads during HEA.

Wow. Good to know.
And hoping for waistpack suggestions!

Is there a reason you can’t just use your phone for pictures, MDE, and amusement? I try to take as little into the parks as possible. If it doesn’t fit in my little crossbody bag, it’s not coming with me. But some people don’t mind bringing extra stuff, I guess.

Who would record on a ride? Geez. This is the mini, which I’ll be using for photos, MDE, and amusement while in lines!

Been in a boat on POTC where person recorded the whole ride. Seen in HM too. As PP mentioned at shows holding it up blocking view behind or distracting others.

We've been behind families who hold up lines because kids play on phones or iPad. My old fashioned opinion is you are at Disney on family vacation talk to your kids or spouse if adult trip -

Again not saying you'd do but observations and experience from past few trips!

We've been behind families who hold up lines because kids play on phones or iPad.

I saw a TON of that on my last trip. It wasn’t even kids though, it was mostly middle aged adults. The CM’s actually had to make an announcement a couple times in the Big Thunder line, telling people to keep up with the party in front of them. And this was happening in the fast pass line, so it’s not like there was a ton of time to kill. It drove me nuts. And this is coming from a 20-something millennial who loves her phone :upsidedow

I saw a TON of that on my last trip. It wasn’t even kids though, it was mostly middle aged adults. The CM’s actually had to make an announcement a couple times in the Big Thunder line, telling people to keep up with the party in front of them. And this was happening in the fast pass line, so it’s not like there was a ton of time to kill. It drove me nuts. And this is coming from a 20-something millennial who loves her phone :upsidedow

I think saddest thing is families grocery shopping - mom or dad with headphones on and kids on iPad or parents phone. No talking at all! Almost embarrassed my 22 year old son a couple weeks ago - saw dad and 3 elementary kids at grocery. He was having them look and tell price per Oz, etc. I thought it was great! I'm 50 something and admit I'm hooked on my phone but out eating, at home eating, out as family phones down. Our favorite vacations are cruises - no phones!

Gosh, I can see a thread on people’s experiences watching other people use devices might be useful as a shared rant. This thread is about whether anyone has tried out some of the larger waist packs. In my particular case, if it would help to know, I will have several days solo, the mini will keep me company in line and at meals, I have some vision issues that mean the larger screen is better than my smaller phone, and I have a great crossbody bag. Wondering about a waistpack. :crazy:

Gosh, I can see a thread on people’s experiences watching other people use devices might be useful as a shared rant. This thread is about whether anyone has tried out some of the larger waist packs. In my particular case, if it would help to know, I will have several days solo, the mini will keep me company in line and at meals, I have some vision issues that mean the larger screen is better than my smaller phone, and I have a great crossbody bag. Wondering about a waistpack. :crazy:

Sorry, iPads in the parks are a touchy subject around here :upsidedow

Honestly I don’t like waist packs in general, but especially if I was carrying around an expensive device, I’d be a little worried about the pack coming unbuckled and hitting the ground. A crossbody seems safer to me.

Erin C-H
I, too, take an iPad mini to both Universal and Disney. I have a fanny pack which the ip , wallet, poncho and other items fit. Unfortunally I got it several years ago. Take your iPad and look in stores for one that works for you.Try the AAA.

Also my clip broke (thankfully at the end of the trip). It was difficult to find a replacement buckle. The new one comes apart occasionally. I use a large binder clip in addition to the buckle for security.
I have used a regular shoulder bag, but after a long day it was hard on my shoulder.

If you're open to thigh packs and metal clips in place of three-prong plastic, I got a thigh pack I really like from Miss Haley's Bombshell Boutique at a convention earlier this year. You might also be able to find something like that on Etsy, and buying from a smaller business means it's a bit easier to message back and forth about interior pocket measurements. Having once worn a different thigh pack at WDW and UO, I found that I sometimes needed to unclip the leg strap and shift it around to fit under the ride restraints, but very rarely did I have to take the pack off entirely.

Not sure if UO would okay it on all rides, though, since they have that three-prong clip rule. The thigh pack I referenced above, a GrabIt Pack, passed that rule--but I hesitate to recommend the GrabIt Pack since it's all black and looks more than a little like a gun holster. :scared: It's a shame, because I found it very comfortable and it has big pockets (they even make one that will accomodate a full size iPad), but I retired it as a park bag because I don't want to create an issue if it gets mistaken for something it's not.

I just checked with mine and you could fit an iPad mini in the Patagonia black hole waist pack. It is on sale at REI right now too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!