Best All-Star Resort??

They share a bus only when it is slow, so mid-day during none peak times.

We love sports, but movies has newly renovated rooms.

Movies has recently been renovated, Music is currently being renovated and they will move on to Sports at some point. If queen beds are important to you then pick Movies. Also Music has family suites which is nice for a larger group or kids who would prefer their own beds.

I think as far as general ambiance, I like Music the best. Right now, though, I'd pick Movies because of the room refurbishment. Though I will give an honorable mention to the Surfs Up section at Sports -- it's very cool. But overall the theme there appeals less to me.

As far as buses are concerned, they only share buses during slow times, such as the middle of the day, and also for Disney Springs. It's never been an issue for me the times we've stayed there and I can only recall sharing a bus maybe twice. It's really not an issue -- I've shared more at Deluxe level resorts than I ever did at the All Stars.

I like all of them. Technically movies is my favorite but I've started at music way more times due to it not being available during free dining. Depends on what you like. I find it's usually a longer walk to your room at music due to the layout. But i prefer the theming over sports. We are staying there in September and am excited for refurbished rooms.

We've stayed at all of the All Stars, but the last several years we've stayed 2 weeks in the suite at All Star Music. We've been very satisfied. (Having 2 bathrooms is lovely) They seem fairly similar to me, except for the suites are only offered at Music. If you will eat a lot at the resort, you might want to check out the menus. The resort activities probably vary a bit. You may want to look at renovation schedule to make sure there are no pool closures during your expected trip. When the buses are shared, Sports is always first which may be a consideration for you, especially if you'll have a stroller. As the other poster mentioned, I've only noticed shared buses very early in the morning and mid-day.

I think Movies is the best by far, followed by Music, then Sports. Movies rooms are all fully renovated and are pretty much exact clones of the newly refurbished POP rooms that everyone loves. I think the theme here is the best, and feels the most "disney"..It's like Art of Animation Lite. The food court is also my favorite of the 3. Movies is also the newest resort of the 3.

Next is Music, which is currently going through a refurbishment that will make the rooms the same as Movies and POP. I believe half or more of the resort's rooms are already done. The theming here is fun, and i really like the theming of the broadway section.

Sports is last for me, but it is still more than serviceable. I am a huge sports fan, but the theming here just doesn't do it for me. It be a lot cooler if it was themed using a mix of disney characters and real sports leagues/franchises. This resort also seems to be the one that most of the large cheer groups/pee wee football groups and school trip groups tend to stay at. so it can be very loud, chaotic and crowded during certain times of the year...but i guess thats any resort really

I would go with Movies. Music and Sports both have high school groups that stay there, where as I think Movies have less of those. The theme is definitely the most Disney in my opinion. I also like the main pool the best (I know everyone loves the piano pool, but the Fantasia one has much more theming in my opinion). They all have similar layouts, so it's up to you to decide which theming you potentially like the best, as well as if the previously mentioned room remodels are important to you.

Right now I'd pick Movies because it's been renovated. The layout of Sports/Movies is a bit better than Music, aside from that they're essentially the same thing.

Music. Definitely
Just always liked it. POP and Music is where we stay 90% of the time. POFQ now and then.
But music to me is clearly the best all star.

Personal preference. They all have the same rack rates, so they are probably pretty equal with teen groups. Athletes gravitate towards Sports, but there are dance competitions and high school band/chorus groups that prefer Music or Movies.

Movies gets love because renovations are complete and the theming is so “Disney.” Lots of great photo ops outside and guaranteed new decor inside. When buses combine, this is the last stop, so getting a seat (or on the bus) might be less likely, but is not a common problem.

Music might have slightly more families and fewer teen groups because of the family suites. Renovations are underway so depending on your dates you may have a better or worse chance of a refurbished room. Pool hopping is allowed between the thee All Stars, and being in the center makes it easier to visit the other resorts (or walk back if a Sports or Movies bus comes first at your park).

Sports has not started the renovations yet, but it actually has slightly higher guest ratings than the other two. When buses combine, it’s the first stop, so you know you’ll get on.

I've stayed at all 3 and Movies is my favorite. Love the renovated rooms. Didn't care for Music because the standard rooms are all a pretty far walk from the buses and food court.

On another thread, someone mentioned hoping for an unrenovated room next trip. With two double beds rather than queens, there’s more room for an air mattress. If some of the party would rather do that and not share a bed, choose Sports or hope the Music renovations aren’t finished by your trip. Just another perspective

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter