Best American Meal?

Raven01

Proud Momma to DD
I just joined DVC and my first trip is in July, with me, grandpa, grandma, and DD3.

We are staying at Vero for 3 nights, then BLT for 3 nights. We plan to focus solely on MK. With DVC, our travel style is changing. We used to be a park a day people, but now I’m super excited about being able to take our time.

Food wise, if you did one “nice” meal, what would it be? Grandpa is meat and potatoes. None of us are really adventurous (Tusker House was too much for my group). Would Homecomin’ at Disney Springs be worth the trip there? Would Liberty Tree Tavern work better? I want good food, but food we will eat, and I don’t want it to be a headache to get there.

Thanks!

You might try Olivia's at OKW. They have a pretty good Southernmost Buttermilk Fried Chicken breast with mashed potatoes.

Homecomin' is very nice, but going to DS solely for a meal is a lot of effort. Liberty Tree is wonderful. As a PP mentioned, The Wave (in the main building of the Contemporary) is very good (especially since you'll be at BLT). Grand Floridian Cafe is very good and right on the monorail line (you can take from either MK or Contemporary). I hope you have a great trip!

We liked LTT for perfectly adequate comfort food type stuff.
We liked the Wave a lot.
We also liked Trails End, and I think that would be my favourite for the atmosphere (we also got a lovely server which helps) and you can get the boat there from the contemporary.

I’m thinking LTT for lunch one day and The Wave for dinner. Both are easily accessible, which is a huge plus. I have heard good things about Homecomin’, but I don’t want to deal with the transport on a short trip.

Thanks guys!

I mean the wave is one of my favourite, but from what you say it might be a bit too adventuous for you guys. I think Home Coming and Gran Floridian cafe would be a better choice. LTT is very mediocre food in the MK area Roaring Fork would be a better choice in my opinion.

I agree w/ previous poster about Disney Springs. Just for a meal, I probably wouldn't go there. Homecomin' didn't float my boat but others seem to like it.
Grand Floridian Cafe, Trails End, Whispering Canyon in Wilderness Lodge & LTT are all "safe" choices I would also include The Plaza in Magic Kingdom. Small menu but they have things like meatloaf on the menu there. All of these are within easy access to BLT.
The Wave is very good but does have some adventuresome items on the menu.

If I were looking to slow down a bit, enjoy American comfort food and was staying at The Contemporary, I would consider Hoop Dee Doo Revue. I know it isn't exactly what you were asking about, being a dinner show, but it is one of my favorite experiences in WDW. Of course, it will be a bit more pricey than a 'normal' meal, but we love it. You can take a boat right from the dock at The Contemporary or from MK.

I’m a very picky eater and I love The Wave. Dh and I both got the short rib and it was delicious. He still talks about the crab cakes from there too.

Disney Springs- not the most "American", but we love house of blues. Believe it or not, Olivias at OKW resort is a great choice. For Disney, pricing is reasonable. We are DVC since 1993. Home resort is OKW and Poly.
But, don't forget about restaurants right outside Hotel Plaza drive across 535. We do Uno's & Red Lobster. We usually hit a Red Lobster right after the airport upon arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!