best ( and cheapest) way to factory outlets

vacation mom RI

Earning My Ears
We are going to have some time (without parks ) our first day- wanted to head over to the factory outlets espec the Disney Store . The plan was to go to Disney Springs and then Uber over- Is this the best way?
thanks

That's the option I would take. You could also look into public transportation.

I don't do Uber or Lyft. Does anyone know how much a cab would cost? I know the outlets are right across the street from Disney Springs.

I would check a 1 day car rental from one of the DS hotels. It's less than a mile walk and would probably be in the $30 range. We have done that in the past to visit outlets, grocery shop, get food that's not Disney, and more. Cheaper than Lyft/Uber/taxi.

We are going to have some time (without parks ) our first day- wanted to head over to the factory outlets espec the Disney Store . The plan was to go to Disney Springs and then Uber over- Is this the best way?
thanks

When you say first day are you meaning arrival day... If so, have you thought about just renting a car at the airport for a day, and dropping it off at DS hotel the next morning... this way you can hit up the outlets, hit Wal-mart,or Publix or where ever for snacks for the room, and then use DME to get back to the airport at the end of your stay.... We have friends that do this and for them it works out... Here's their plan.... They get the earliest flight time... normally they have landed, rented a car, and are heading to their favorite breakfast spot all before 8:00 am... Hash House a Go Go-on I-Drive... from there, she drops off her DH and 2 DS's at Bass Pro Shop, then She and her DD, drive right across the street.... and hit the outlet at the end of I-drive.... eventually the guys walk across the street, and put there goodies in the car, then they hit the outlet... they meet up for later lunch and more shopping... after all the shopping ( sometime they hit both outlets) and on their way to WDW, they will hit up, Wal-Mart, Target or Publix for room provisions....depending on how late it is.... sometimes they will have dinner somewhere then check in and relax and go to bed early... mostly they check in hit the pool and food court for dinner... then next morning her DH takes the car back to one of the DS hotels... walks over to DS and rides the bus back to the resort... and then they use DME to get back to the airport...

While this might not work for everyone... for their family they found that this works perfect for their family....

I use the Lynx 50 from either TTC or DS, changing at Sea World Drive for the Number 8 which goes from Premium Outlets to the top of I-Drive to Vineland at the bottom end.
I only really go to the Character Warehouse and a couple of other stores there, but, I never buy all that much as it isn't super cheap, just branded names which I'm not into.
How safe are Uber and Lyft as I have considered them, but, have never used them. I wouldn't mind using one to get back from the outlets just as a time saver.

I use the Lynx 50 from either TTC or DS, changing at Sea World Drive for the Number 8 which goes from Premium Outlets to the top of I-Drive to Vineland at the bottom end.
I only really go to the Character Warehouse and a couple of other stores there, but, I never buy all that much as it isn't super cheap, just branded names which I'm not into.
How safe are Uber and Lyft as I have considered them, but, have never used them. I wouldn't mind using one to get back from the outlets just as a time saver.
can you please tell me how long this would take?

If you get a car, you can go to the second Disney outlet off Kirkman. We were at both last month and they had different merchandise.

I always screenshot the driver info to a girlfriend whenever I am taking rideshare by myself. Then I let her know when Ive arrived safely. I havent done it a ton but Ive always felt safe.

Taken Uber several times over the course of a few trips down there, never a issue, never a problem. It's simple and quick.
MCO-Cabana Bay
Cabana Bay to Contemporary
Saratoga Springs to various parks and back again
Saratoga to MCO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!