Best app to use?

MrsPrice

Mouseketeer
Curious if everyone is just using the MDE app or if there are others that are helpful during your stay at Disney World. Thanks :-)

The Lines app from touring plans is apparently very helpful. I haven't had the chance to use it personally, but it provides more up-to-date and accurate wait times than MDE sometimes. According to the app creators, Disney will inflate the wait times in MDE and on the signs around the park to redirect traffic. The Lines app uses real-time data from other app users instead to give you a more realistic estimate. YMMV

I am planning to use Lines as well as MDE. Can't wait!

Oh, I also got the Character Locator from Kenny the Pirate, because I want to get pics with our family and the characters. If characters aren't a big deal, you can skip that one.

The Lines app from touring plans is apparently very helpful. I haven't had the chance to use it personally, but it provides more up-to-date and accurate wait times than MDE sometimes. According to the app creators, Disney will inflate the wait times in MDE and on the signs around the park to redirect traffic. The Lines app uses real-time data from other app users instead to give you a more realistic estimate. YMMV
I wasn't even aware there were other apps like this, but I will definitely check it out for my upcoming trip. Thanks!

Any weather app with live radar is really helpful especially for Florida. You never know when a storm will pop up, how fast it's moving, or how bad it really is (they can go from 0 to 10 in the blink of any eye down here). So, it's always handy to check while at the parks :)

I also use the touring plans lines app & find it to be very accurate. There is a free version that you can see almost all of the attraction wait times (I use this one & it works fine for me) or you can pay for a subscription to have access to all of the attractions. I also use MDE for the wait times I am unable to see on the lines app.

And definitely use an app for weather forecasts. It wouldn't hurt to sign up for warnings in the case of lightning or storms rolling through the area. The local news app I use is News 13 Plus Orlando. I've found it to be consistently accurate.

I don't use the MDE app because my phones operating system is too outdated and can't be upgraded. I'm not buying a new phone just for that one app. I use the free touring plans lines app and use my web browser to do anything I need to do on MDE. Sometimes I download a weather app, sometimes I don't. That's it for me.

Very helpful tips on apps! Especially the weather radar tip, because that had not yet occurred to me. Thanks all!

I think I overheard that the Minnie Vans use the Lyft app, is that true?

Looks like the News 13 app is part of Saf-T-Net, which is developed in my town! https://saftnet2.baronservices.com/

You can download the original Saf-T-Net app and set whatever location you want. For the parks, it's recommended to select Celebration, FL, instead of Orlando, as it is physically closer to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!