• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best attraction.

gemmamouse

Earning My Ears
Hi normally we go to disney florida, but in march im going to paris for 3 days what would you say is the best atrractions here and do you prefer disney paris or florida :cheer2: :moped:

My favourite attractions at DLP are Pirates of the Carribean and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Both are very different from their Floridian and Californian counterparts.

All the ones mentioned above, for sure.

I like the It's a Small World in Paris better than the one in Florida. I also liked Paris' Peter Pan better.

If there is an evening parade when you are there, it should be great.

With three days, you should be able to try everything. :)

Well, when you compare WDW to DLP you can get into a bit of a tangle. It's a bit like comparing apples and oranges, and yet, we can't really avoid it can we.... So here are my comments.

We have been to DLP for a total of 15 days, but this was after already being WDW veterans of many trips and many weeks. I was worried that DLP would seem small and sad, before we went on our first trip. But I was WRONG! DLP is FULL of Magic!!

The "Magic Kingdom" (At DLP this is Disneyland Parc) is quite similar in most ways, but the DLP version is more spread out and the rides, being newer, are also better. The soundtracks are not as scratchy, and you can actually hear the words to the songs, for one thing. Small World is fantastic at DLP, Big Thunder, which is my favorite ride anywhere is a little better at DLP too, IMHO... a little darker, a little wilder...

In general, I would advise going with an open Disney mind and just enjoying. With that attitude you are sure to absolutely fall in love with DLP!

But if you do have specific questions comparing WDW and DLP I'd be glad to answer.
:Pinkbounc :flower: :Pinkbounc :flower:

My favourites are Big Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain...
By the way, it's a pity you don't come in april, as Space Mounatin Mission II open this month. ;)
Have fun !

Well to me the best attraction is currently Phantom Manor since it is just the best, and Space Mountain De La Terre A La Lune has gone to be replaced with Mission 2 and am not too sure about it, so Phantom Manor wins by miles in my books.

Thunder Mountain beats the WDW version hands down IMHO.

That said, the only major difference I ever comment on is the total absence of atmosphere and ambience in Paris compared to WDW....

Not the French's fault, but maybe has something to do with the language barrier of throwing French, English, German, Italian, Spanish all together in former beetroot fields east of Paris???

tim june and sam said:
Thunder Mountain beats the WDW version hands down IMHO.

That said, the only major difference I ever comment on is the total absence of atmosphere and ambience in Paris compared to WDW....

Not the French's fault, but maybe has something to do with the language barrier of throwing French, English, German, Italian, Spanish all together in former beetroot fields east of Paris???

I wouldn't have come many times as you did if I found a "total absence of atmosphere and ambience" there... ;) I think there's a great atmosphere, and the imagineers did a magnificient job despite some problems... :umbrella:

Regarding the (much discussed :rolleyes: ) language issue, I think it's normal they mix many european languages to satisfy euro guests. As you know, Europe is almost 1 country = 1 language, how can they do ?
To my point of view different languages don't spoil the magic and when I go to Hong Kong Disneyland for exemple, I really hope they'll announce the parade in chinese !!! :goodvibes

About the beetroot fields, well, as far as I know WDW was built on former swamp, and Tokyo Disney Resort on something even worse... Disneyland Resort Paris is close to Paris but it seems much farther and when you drive only 1 kilometer out Disney property it feels like countryside which is not bad in my humble opinion! :bitelip:

One thing I really like about DLP in comparison to WDW is that you can walk everywhere. If you stay on site at DLP all the hotels are a short pretty walk to the parks through Disney Village. It's sort of like being able to walk from your resort in WDW, through Downtown Disney, right into the parks. Great, and you really get the atmosphere....

Don't know if mine really qualify as attractions as such but the shows are the things I enjoy the most. Animagique, Lion King Show, Belle at christmas and Mickey's 2 Christmas shows - I love watching these.

Another vote for Pirates of the Carribean from me, Gemma. There are a few unexpected (small) drops which make it that bit more exciting than it's WDW counterpart.

Arieljasmine princess:

Space Mountain and Phantom Manor at the Disneyland Park.

And Cinémagique at the Walt Disney Studios park.

We visited DLP for the first time in October for a Dis-fix after having visited DL(oince) & WDW(twice) previously. We were a little apprehensive but needn't have worried - we all LOVED it and wouldn't hesitate to go again. My favourites were Thunder Mountain, Pirates, Small World ( only me mind you - DH, DD & DS put up with it on my behalf - they are good to me), Phantom Manor, Lion King Show, Space Mountain, Moteurs & Cinemagique. Love these at WDW (where they have them) as well but they are just a little newer and fresher in France. Can't wait to go back to WDW in July and hopefully DLP at some other point. :cheer2: :cheer2: :love1:
Have a great time!

Mrs Tony Toon

Thanks for this great thread!:disrocks:I am getting REALLY excited now and its still ages until we go!!!:rotfl2:

Elaine
heading to DLRP slightly before you :banana: :banana: but I know what you mean. The anticipation as we try to shake of the winter blues :sunny:

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter