Best buffets and/or character meals once the kids are grown?

Wow, so many great suggestions. Thank you! New character meals since we were last there that I will have to check out. I didn't know about the safari. And I had to google Raglan Road, but that looks cool too--plus we have friends visiting the same time as our trip and they are staying in that area, so perhaps that would be a good place to meet up one meal.

We've actually done HDDR and Chef Mickey's twice, and I agree with all of you that kids and adults alike loved both. I'm sure my kids would still like character meals, and all the suggestions are great and will give me plenty to research. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed any more 'grown up' opportunities all the past trips when I was just focusing on what younger kids might like best.

Thanks again for all the input so far. Keep it coming!

My DD's who will be 25 and 21 on our upcoming trip this summer really enjoy Cape May for a character breakfast. They find it more low key than let's say Chef Mickey's and they still get their character fix - plus they enjoy the breakfast options! I literally just made a reservation earlier today for our upcoming trip in August!

Once my kids were over ten they weren’t interested in character meals any more. But now with grandkids they are back on our agenda! How about some fun places like Prime Time, Ragland Road or some of the yummy grown up restaurants at Epcot?

My husband and I and daughters ages 14 and 18 love Be Our Guest and Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner. We love Crystal Palace for any meal. We really enjoy the characters at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian and we like breakfast at Cape May at the Beach Club. Garden Grill characters are cute if you're in Epcot. We went to Storybook Dining at Artist Point for New Year's Eve December 2018 and we all hated it. We will not go back. The Evil Queen was awesome. Dopey was cute. Snow White didn't show up and neither did Grumpy (not the end of the world - we were really interested in the Evil Queen - but still). Our major problem with Storybook Dining was the food. The food was terrible. We all hated the shared appetizers, we all hated our main dishes (and we sampled from each others' plates and agreed that they were awful) and we disliked the shared desserts. Who dislikes desserts?? Trust me, they were all weird and not good. We all agreed that it was our worst Disney meal ever and that we'd have rather eaten anywhere else. I am not exaggerating, and I am not factoring in the price point (factor in price and OMG, don't even get me started. Our largely uneaten dinner for 4 was $300 and we didn't have cocktails or wine). The restaurant itself is quite pretty - Artist Point with a "forest" makeover. At one point they did a "parade" for the little kids, similar to the ones at O'hana and Crystal Palace, that seemed oddly forced/out of place. The parade was led by Dopey (cute) but the music was bizarrely loud. I mean super loud. So loud that you couldn't talk over it. Even our waiter commented and eye-rolled about the excessively loud music. That bit was short-lived, but it was just weird. I can't really explain it. Anyway, do whatever you want, but in terms of character dining, Storybook Dining is absolutely not worth the hype and I cannot recommend it at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter