Best building at Port Orleans Riverside

Jencopening

Earning My Ears
I’m looking for the best building to request for our stay at Port Orleans Riverside in the Alligator Bayou section. We paid for a Garden View room. Not a preferred location. We would like something close to the food court and close to a bus stop. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I believe there is Garden View in every building. If you look at a POR map, I believe buildings 14, 15, 18 and 27 are preferred rooms so those would be out. Building 26 would be slightly closer to the bus depot, and building 16 would be slightly closer to the food court.

Will you have a party of 5 and that's why you're inquiring specifically about Alligator Bayou? If not, we actually prefer Acadian House (80) and Magnolia Terrace (85) in the mansions section. Close to the main pool, and probably an equal walk to the food court. There is a bus depot right behind Magnolia Terrace.

WE always stay in garden view in AB.
We have stayed in 18 (before it was preferred), 17 which is next to preferred, 26 and 27. We actually prefer 26 and 27 as they are closer to the West bus stop. It is a farther walk to the Mill/registration. It depends on what is more important to you.
It's not a bad walk, either way. There is also a nice private pool in that area too.

I was in building 85 ( Magnolia Terrace) and it was a short walk across the bridge to the main pool and building.

Building 34. It's a 2 minute slow walk to the West bus depot. That bus stop is usually the first of four bus stops at POR on the way to a park (means you should get a seat) and the first stop at the end of the night (when you want nothing more than to get off the bus and to your bed).

Building 17 is very close to the South bus stop and convenient to the food court.

Based on the map, it looks like 17 is equal distance from the West depot and the South depot. But I will add that if someone likes to go to the food court in the morning and head to the bus depot after, it makes sense to request a room in a building closest to the food court, and 17 fits the bill for that.

We've stayed in 24 and 34 and I liked 34 better simply because it's so close to the West Bus Stop, which we liked more than the South bus stop. It is a 7 to 8-minute walk to the food court, but we didn't mind that at all.

another vote for 34 - we requested (and got) a room on the side near the river / main walking path. it was a quick and scenic walk to the main building and super close to a bus stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!