Best chance at 11 month window?

amystevekai&bump

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

What is the best way to try to book a room at right on the 11 month window?

For the first time since I’ve been looking, today was the first day where I thought I had a shot of an AKV value room. I had set up the screen right through to the availability button and pressed it right on 8am. There was a long delay in the system thinking about it and then it said I was outside the booking window and to retry. Of course by the time I’d gone through all of the dates etc again, the room had gone.

To what stage do you prepare your screen at the 8am time? Perhaps I had gone too far in the process?

I do have a ‘back up’ std view room booked, would I fair a better chance if I opted to modify that booking rather than booking a new separate one?

I’m hoping I get another shot and wanted to give myself the best chance - I’m in the U.K., so I’m wondering if my system might always be slightly behind those of my US DVC friends?

Hi all,

What is the best way to try to book a room at right on the 11 month window?

For the first time since I’ve been looking, today was the first day where I thought I had a shot of an AKV value room. I had set up the screen right through to the availability button and pressed it right on 8am. There was a long delay in the system thinking about it and then it said I was outside the booking window and to retry. Of course by the time I’d gone through all of the dates etc again, the room had gone.

To what stage do you prepare your screen at the 8am time? Perhaps I had gone too far in the process?

I do have a ‘back up’ std view room booked, would I fair a better chance if I opted to modify that booking rather than booking a new separate one?

I’m hoping I get another shot and wanted to give myself the best chance - I’m in the U.K., so I’m wondering if my system might always be slightly behind those of my US DVC friends?

Book it if it's there, waitlist it if it isn't. AKV Value gets walked a lot. It took 3 days for the walking to clear for me and the waitlist automatically went through when the walkers moved on. I got two different value reservations that way. Neither were available the morning of.

Book it if it's there, waitlist it if it isn't. AKV Value gets walked a lot. It took 3 days for the walking to clear for me and the waitlist automatically went through when the walkers moved on. I got two different value reservations that way. Neither were available the morning of.
Yes thank you I will do that - I was just wondering if others had found more success dead on 11 months by modifying or starting new bookings afresh? And at what point do they prepare the booking ready to click at 8am 👍

Yes thank you I will do that - I was just wondering if others had found more success dead on 11 months by modifying or starting new bookings afresh? And at what point do they prepare the booking ready to click at 8am 👍

You did everything right. The reason you get that message is because during the process, after you hit book, the system confirms the room, and If it is already gone, then the first available day in your search is the next day, outside the window,

I have actually had better luck on my iPad than my computer. I lucked into a BWV standard studio for a friend of mine that I am now walking for an Xmas week/NYE Trip. I couldn’t get one for November and haven’t gotten one in years for trips..I am now 1 for 6. Lol

You did everything right. The reason you get that message is because during the process, after you hit book, the system confirms the room, and If it is already gone, then the first available day in your search is the next day, outside the window,

I have actually had better luck on my iPad than my computer. I lucked into a BWV standard studio for a friend of mine that I am now walking for an Xmas week/NYE Trip. I couldn’t get one for November and haven’t gotten one in years for trips..I am now 1 for 6. Lol

Thank you Sandi 👍 I feel better knowing that I missed out on luck rather than doing anything wrong! I’ll just try again tomorrow or the next day & hope I get luckier! Thank you 👍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter