Best Character Breakfast

What’s everyone’s favorite and why?
As of this moment, Character Meals have been postponed due to COVID-19.

Similarly, buffets as we know them have likely been changed, so discussing food at those breakfasts seems to be 'old news'.

That said.....Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno has our favorite food for a Character meal.

Also, I like Goofy, so any place with Goofy will do.

My daughter likes Alice, so we sometimes go to 1900 Park Fare.

My wife likes Ariel, so she enjoys either Akershus and Cinderella's Castle.

Character appearances, when they occur(ed), are subject to change.

Granted, we only have 2 trips under our belt so we haven't done a ton of character breakfasts, but we loved our Garden Grill breakfast last summer and made it a priority for our November trip this year.

Garden Grill! Food is always fresh and the characters are great. Just a whole lot of fun!

I also loved Trattoria al Forno with the power couples. My veggie calzone was to die for. I still think about it. 😂

-Trattoria's Bon Voyage has a lovely vibe and was very special for us as two of my kids were gaga for this specific characters. It was the only guarantee to get my son a photo with Flynn while DA was also dressed as him. That said, the food is excellent, but a bit fancier and heavier than I (and the kids) like for breakfast, which we did right at 7:30am when they open. If we had gone at 11am, I probably would have enjoyed the food more.
-1900 Park Fare. I was excited to meet Mary Poppins (we got her instead of Alice/Mad Hatter), and I love strawberry soup. It also produced our most special restaurant memory, when my reticent DD, then 2.5yo, lost her mind for Tigger, hopped along with him, and kept hopping when she realized that he would hop whenever she hopped. She kept that poor CM jumping for a good two minutes. 😆
-Garden Grill wins the all around for food my whole family eats, family style service so no one has to get up, fun characters, singular setting, and an easy way to get on Soarin' if you get seated early enough. Yes, we love the cinnamon buns, but I was grateful for the bowl of fresh fruit, as we never get enough while traveling.

Garden grill without a doubt. Great food, it’s AYCTE but you do t have to get up like at a buffet and miss the characters. Character interaction is great and their outfits are super cute. You get a view of Living with the land and if you finish early enough you can rush over to Soarin to ride with no wait.

Garden Grill hands down. Chip is my main guy (see avatar), the food is always solid and I prefer to not have to get up and go to a buffet. Plus I love rotating over Living with the Land... the farmhouse sounds give me the happy tingles.

Question: Garden Grill???
I see some responds saying you don't have to get up like a regular buffet? Could someone please explain.

Please and thank you.

I just went a read a few post about Garden Grill. I totally understand now.

Last edited:
#1- Tusker House - it's the only meal we have to go to every single trip. The food is always hot and fresh, a huge variety, characters are fun, and the little parade is cute

#2- Garden Grill- served family style so no getting up and down which is nice with little ones, chip and dale are always fun, the food is hot and fresh- cinnamon bun is to die for!

There is no such thing as a bad Character meal. Favorites:

1. Crystal Palace
2. 1900 Park Faire
3. Akershus
4. Garden Grill

I'd like to hope that WDW follows approaches being used for character meals in Shanghai and Hong Kong and reintroduces them in some capacity at some point.

When things are normal, #1 for us is Crystal Palace breakfast. There are others that we enjoy, but that's our only must-do.

Ohana, as we prefer family-style to a buffet, we think the food is good there, POG juice and, of course, LIlo and Stitch!

Garden grill without a doubt. Great food, it’s AYCTE but you do t have to get up like at a buffet and miss the characters. Character interaction is great and their outfits are super cute. You get a view of Living with the land and if you finish early enough you can rush over to Soarin to ride with no wait.
I 100% agree I always struggle with true buffets (do I take my purse, can I leave my child at the table, will the wait staff believe we are done, etc.). The food is fabulous and some food comes from the green houses.

For the classic characters, we like Tusker. The food there is great. Similarly we like Akershus for princesses because of the food. We have done Cinderella's Royal Table and didn't think it was worth two table credits, but it was a fun experience to do once.

I think the most fun character dining experience is the one at Hollywood & Vine. It's Disney Junior characters, so it's definitely more for the preschool set. But there's a lot of dancing and interaction at it that you typically don't see at other character dining. Now the food isn't amazing for us adults, but it is definitely pleasing to the youngsters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter