Best Character Breakfast

Miniefan

DIS Veteran
Hi Guys!! I have never done any character meals at Disney.. I have made PS for LTT on 10/17 which will be during the MNSSHP, and we will also be going to the Ice cream Social, but I would also like to do a breakfast also. I am wondering which one would be the best for us I have two kids dd4, ds7. Thanks for the help.
Kim :earboy2:

i can't believe people aren't answering this one. Cape May and Crystal Palace!

last time we were in Disney, we went to Chef Mickey's breakfast. I thought the food was really good & we had a lot of time with each character, even though the restaurant was busy.

We will also be there in October, and will be trying out Donald's Breakfastosaurus (spelling?) in Animal Kingdom and the Princess Storybook Breakfast in Epcot.

We have a dd (5) and a ds (2 1/2).

Personally, as long as I'm at Disney, I don't care where I'm eating!!

I have done Cape May, Cinderilla's Royal Table, the Poly's & Chef Mickey... out of the 3 of them, I like Cape May... and believe it or not, my least favoirte was CRT! I felt like they rushed us in & out..like cattle. Cape May on the other hand...wasn't crowded & we were able to stay as long as we wanted and the characters were great!

Weve done Chef Mickeys a few times and always find the food very good and the character interaction just as good. WE are going back again in July.

We were greatly disappointed with our experience at Donalds, and wont be going back. We do seem to be in the minority on that one though. ;)

We have also done Cindys in twice in the past 2 years. While we enjoy this very much, we still prefer CMs. We really like the food here, but obviously at CMs buffet theres much more of a variety. Plus, having 2 DSs, princesses arent our top priority.

So from our experience, Chef Mickeys stays our favorite. ::MickeyMo

We've been to Chef Mickey's, Breakfastosaurus and Crystal Palace. Crystal Palace is our favorite. It's great to walk out of the restaurant and right into the MK. We make the PS for as early as possible (8:20) on a day that is not early opening.

Ask your kids which characters they would most like to see. This might help you make your decision.

My DD, 9, just told me to inform you all that breakfast at the castle is #1 and the Crystal Palace is #2! ::yes::

My new husband and I just spent our honeymoon in Disney from April 14-22 and the ONLY dining experience we were disappointed with was Donald's Breakfastasaurus at Animal Kingdom. We had priority seating yet still waited nearly 20 minutes to be seated and watched at least 5 parties that arrived after us (quite a while after us in some cases) be seated before us. The explanation (which was very brusquely given) was that there was a mix-up with our servers tables and that we'd be seated shortly. No apologies were made. When we were finally led in we stood for another 5 minutes while the waitstaff scrambled to find us a table (even though MANY were vacant). By the time we were seated we had about 5 minutes to eat before one of the two hot food buffet lines were closed and the transition for lunchtime began (we had 10:20 PS, were seated at around 10:50). The food was edible, not much better than that, our waitress took FOREVER to bring our drinks and served my husband's coffee in a to-go cup (now, that's not exactly SUBTLE) and the atmosphere was very frenzied and uncomfortable. On a positive note, we did finally get photos with Donald, Goofy, Mickey and Pluto but that was the only bright spot in our first breakfast as a married couple. NEVER AGAIN!

For my family, we'd say:
#1 1900 Park Fare
#2 Crystal Palace
#3 Cinderella's Royal Table

These choices are pleasing to all, adults and kids. My oldest princess, (DD 11) enjoyed the castle, but said it "was way overrated." My kids would also give Chef Mickey's a big thumbs up, but after two visits I have found service and food to be sub-par, (as compared to these others).

I have read good things about Cape May, but have yet to try it.

We have eaten at (ranked):
1900 PF, Cape May, PSB, CRT, 'Ohannas

I would have to say:
Crystal Palace for the food
Chef Mickeys for the fun

I believe it is a tie between the two - therefore, we do both.

We also have been to the CRT twice and will return this year. This is my DD's favorite place and therefore can't be missed. The food here is good and the character interaction is good too - but I don't believe it is the best fun!!!

Cape May Cafe! Better food than most buffets and even though it has a much more relaxed atmosphere, it is still great for kids. The characters make it around much faster here than other places. Sometimes we they even make it by twice in one visit.
:sunny:

My very favorite is Cape May....a close second is Crystal Palace. Both had superb character interaction and the food was really great at both places. (Especially Cape May) I have also eaten at the Garden Grill (Fun!) and Ohana (also fun!) Have a great trip!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We LOVED the Crystal Palace! The CP will be a must do for any future trips to WDW. Big fun!

I just got back today from my favorite place in the world and I have to say that I was impressed by the Princess Storybook Breakfast, we arrived earlier for our PS, but were seated within five minutes. It was my DD 3rd birthday, we were seated at the back of the castle near a door for CM's. We were in a great location. The Princesses came out of that door and so we saw them almost immediately.

I also thought the food was good and they were very good about replacing my DD birthday cookie after she dropped it on the floor on the way out!

Amare

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter