Best Character Dining for Adults

Our breakfast favorites are Trattoria, TH, Garden Grill

Our dinner favorites are Garden Grill. I think the character breakfasts are better food wise, the dinner ones have some good character interaction like 1900 PF, however not impressed with the food, same at CP. We did like our food at CRT, however the characters are very quick and not the best interactions and very expensive!!

Crystal Palace and 'Ohana for breakfast. I love both of these and food is always good and I enjoy the characters. Especially the french toast puffs at CP. Yummy. Garden Grill had excellent character interactions for my teen daughter and I a few years back. 1900 Park Faire dinner was great for characters but I wasn't real fond of the buffet at this one.

Thank you, everyone!! What amazing, detailed feedback! Although it might be even harder deciding between the top choices now. ;)

I think I'll end up seeing what we can wrangle between 1900 Park Fare (dinner), Garden Grill, and Tusker House. I can't wait!

1900PF for breakfast or dinner. I have had the best character interactions there with DD15 (so almost an adult). The best was our first breakfast there. She and I were both eating strawberry soup (amazing BTW), and the Mad Hatter came up and looked completely grossed out and asked "What is that?!?!" DD told him it was strawberry soup and it was delicious. He said "OOooooohhhhh, of course, but you're eating it wrong. Hold on!" And he ran away, all in a tizzy, swooping between tables and just utterly hilarious. He came back with 2 straws and said "You're supposed to drink the strawberry soup, and now you two are going to race and see who can finish first". OMG we were dying! I couldn't drink it, primarily because I was afraid it would come out my nose because I was laughing so hard. Everyone around us was watching the interaction, and it's a meal we'll never forget.
We had a great experience at dinner when DD was younger. Her outfit just happened to match Drizella's dress. When Lady Tremaine and Anastasia came to our table, they both commented on it and how Drizella was just going to be thrilled. When she got to our table, she went crazy! Apparently everyone always dresses like Cinderella, but rarely like her, so she was so excited. They compared outfits and discussed fashion tips. It was great. Then she saw DD's coat on the back of her seat, and it perfectly matched her dress, so she sashayed around the entire restaurant with her new shawl. It was great. And the food is amazing, breakfast or dinner. I have never had a bad meal at 1900PF!

My wife and I are in our 60's and I agree with many that the best interaction with characters is 1900 Park Fare. We do it every year. What I like best is you can talk to the characters and they converse with you. The Tremaines are a riot.

Even as an adult my DS requests Chef Mickey's as our first dinner -not so much for the food, but because that's how we started every trip when he was a kid. It really is a great way to start a trip off-seeing the Fab 5 all in one place.

We always do Crystal Palace PPO, even though now the advantage is gone, it's also a tradition and we enjoy the breakfast.

Tusker House PPO-great food and characters are so cute in their safari gear. I remember one year a very large party had about 8 kids all with autograph books, Goofy just plopped himself down in the floor and started signing-the kids loved it!

Ohana breakfast on our last day is another must do- have to see Stitch after all.

For our upcoming trip we are taking DS and his GF, she has requested lots of character meets, so we are planning several character meals. We stop to eat anyway and that saves us from waiting in lines in the park-2 birds :). Until this thread I had completely forgotten about 1900PF and the Sisters, gotta see where I can fit that one in.

+1 for 1900 Park Fare. One dinner, the stepsisters chatted with my ODD about how hard it was to have a little sister (YDD was an infant, and they were talking about making her do ALL the chores). On another trip, they fought loudly over a tween-aged boy (aka "prince") in a Goofy hat. It was hilarious.

The Mad Hatter story is hilarious!

I like to hit the parks early and then take a break and go for a late breakfast. If you are in the MK, Ohana's is favorite for characters (obviously). The food is okay and I like that it is served family style instead of a buffet. If you are in Epcot or DHS, Cape May has good food and never seems to be as frantic as some of the other places. Plus the characters are cute in their beach clothes. I have heard good things about Trattoria and we are trying that in March for a late breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter