Best character/kid friendly meal ever...

Does Ohana have a children's menu for dinner? On the website, it only has a child's dessert option. One if my DDs is not adventurous so not sure if she'll eat the other food. Thanks.

I'm a newbie so this might be a really dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyway. What time do they base the pricing on? Is it based on your reservation time, seating time, or bill time? Did you pay breakfast price even though you also got to eat lunch options?
Check-in/ADR time so you pay for breakfast

Mine would be Garden Grill, but that could be because it was the first character meal we ever did. We still go back after 11 years.

@Emko165 They base it on your reservation time, which is great when it's the breakfast price. We made a reservation for 10:30, were seated at 10:45, had one serving of breakfast and then it turned to lunch.

Garden Grill is our family favorite as well. The food is easy, avoids the stress/chaos of a buffet or the long wait for most non-buffet restaurants. The character interaction has always been top notch with multiple fun interactions with each character. All of the family and friends we have taken enjoyed it. I highly recommend it for families with special needs as well.

My wife and I are in our 60's. We travel down every year and here are our favorites and the reasons why. 1900 Park Fare. The interaction you get between you and the characters is priceless. I enjoy being able to actually talk to and receive chatter back, unlike any of the other character meals where, of course, Mickey, Pooh and the others don't talk. The step sisters are worth the price of the meal themselves. Second favorite is Crystal Palace. My wife's favorite character is Eyeore and we just love the restaurant itself. Had my best experiance ever on my 60th Birthday where I was treated to my own special parade around the restaurant with all the characters.

When DD was 4 our favorite was HollyWood & Vine Breakfast with the Disney Jr. characters. DD was crazy about Doc, Sofia & Jake and there was a lot of dancing and parades. We had no problems with the food and the overall experience was great for us. I would never call it fancy or the best food I ever had but it was just fine for breakfast and DD had the time of her life!

Garden Grill was a hit with my family on our recent trip. I liked that the food is served family-style there. The characters interacted with my son (1.5 years) really well. I was a little nervous as it was his first character experience, but he loved it! I also think he would have eaten all of the pot roast on the platter if I'd let him.

We love Akershus. The princesses are great and have always done a great job interacting with the kids!

My family's favorite character meals are Tusker House and Garden Grill.

For a fun, non-character family meal, how about Biergarten? It's one of my three year old's favorites. Everyone loves the music, and he can go down and dance while mom and dad have a second to enjoy a cold beer. Win-win.

Garden Grill is great, esp at lunch when it's less crowded compared to dinner time and the characters can spend more time at each table.

1900 Park Fare is worth it simply for the interaction with the Mad Hatter, who is, hands-down, the best character on property.

Cape May at Beach Club for breakfast. Great variety of all kinds of breakfast food, Minnie Donald and Goofy in beach attire, and close walk to International Gateway. We always like to eat around 930 and we are good with a little snack until dinner.

I also think this would be a good choice, it isn't as loud as some of the other character meals which would be good for the older folks. Plus it doesn't seem as crowded so the characters are very interactive and have time to stop by more than once. I also love the lox/bagel station and grilled asparagus, I'm not a big breakfast eater but this was my favorite breakfast buffet at WDW.

Tusker House and Garden Grill were REALLY fun meals. We love the food at Tusker House (we're Boma fanatics), Garden Grill was good but not super special.
Princess Breakfast at Akershus is really good but pricey if you're not really into the princesses
Mickey's Backyard BBQ was a really fun night, too.

Least favorite was Disney Jr at Hollywood & Vine, mediocre food, very crowded, took about 90 minutes for all the characters to make their way around and the manager wanted us to leave when only 2 of the 4 had been to our table.

@Emko165 They base it on your reservation time, which is great when it's the breakfast price. We made a reservation for 10:30, were seated at 10:45, had one serving of breakfast and then it turned to lunch.
I was trying to figure this out earlier...the time put as when breakfast ends, is that when the last people are served or when they actually remove the food? In other words, did you have to rush to get your breakfast food as it's being removed? Hope that makes sense. Love the idea of being able to take advantage of both breakfast and lunch as one in our party is not a huge fan of breakfast food while the rest of us love it!

We have tried many of the character meals with our kids over the years. We regretted none of them, but the only character meal we have repeated is 'Ohana breakfast. I like the 'Ohana character breakfast because it is family style (food brought to table), the food is pretty good and the price is more reasonable. The characters are appealing to all age groups. Another favorite of mine was Akershus breakfast when my daughter was little, but it is too pricey now that all our kids kids are "Disney adults" and we are out of the princess phase. Tusker House is one we have not tried yet, but I have a 10:45am reservation for next trip. My reservation clearly says breakfast, so I expect that's what we'll be charged, but it sounds like we'll be able to try some lunch items also - would love to hear what others have experienced with the breakfast/lunch transition.

I was trying to figure this out earlier...the time put as when breakfast ends, is that when the last people are served or when they actually remove the food? In other words, did you have to rush to get your breakfast food as it's being removed? Hope that makes sense. Love the idea of being able to take advantage of both breakfast and lunch as one in our party is not a huge fan of breakfast food while the rest of us love it!
I've experienced this at Tusker House and Crystal Palace, but the only place I had a view of what happens was at Crystal Palace. At CP, they started moving food around, not exactly clearing everything, but moving breakfast to one area and then they brought in the lunch entrees. The buffet never really stops, they just bring in the new food and the carving stations start up.

I've experienced this at Tusker House and Crystal Palace, but the only place I had a view of what happens was at Crystal Palace. At CP, they started moving food around, not exactly clearing everything, but moving breakfast to one area and then they brought in the lunch entrees. The buffet never really stops, they just bring in the new food and the carving stations start up.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!