Best Character Meal for Breakfast and Dinner?

deedeew80

Dreaming of My Prince
My 180 day is coming up on Sunday and we are only booking one character meal. Having a hard time deciding. I know most people say Chef Mickey, but we are looking for something other than that. We are open for either breakfast or dinner. My kids are DD8 and DS6. Any suggestions? Thanks!

We love Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends. Plus if you time it right, you can do early entrance for breakfast for MK :). Or alternatively, have late breakfast seating, and get more time with characters, we have done both.

If you're looking for breakast, and like Chip N Dale, I heartily recommend Garden Grill.

It's low key and the character interaction is great.

I don't think you can really go wrong with character breakfasts (it takes A LOT to screw up breakfast food)

If you want to see rivers of light tusker house is good with a nice selection of characters in safari outfits and they have a package that includes extra fast passes for the show.

I'll put in a vote for Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club.
  • It's actually quite good for breakfast food, with some more unique offerings.
  • The characters are in beach attire, which is a cute angle. Last time we had our son wear his swim trunks for cute pictures.
  • From this resort you can walk to Epcot or boat to HS, if it's a park day.
  • It's just a great property to visit, in general.

PS - I don't know anyone who would say Chef Mickey.

Our favourite breakfast is Garden Grill. The food is fresh and delicious and the character interactions are fantastic. I also appreciate that it’s served Family Style rather than as a buffet. We find it more relaxing.
We enjoy Crystal Palace and 1900 Park Fare for dinner.

1900 Park Faire breakfast has the best characters for breakfast. The Mad Hatter is the best M&G character if you interact with him. The food is as good as most breakfast buffets. Strawberry soup which you can't get anywhere else and lots of selections for adults.

We just did 1900 Park Fare breakfast last month with DD8 and DS5 and they loved it! Everyone enjoyed the food (and my kids are generally very picky!) and the characters were great! The characters who meet there are Mary Poppins, Alice, Mad Hatter, Tigger and Pooh.

Tusker house is my favorite of those we have done (we've done CRT, Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, and Akershus). My girls, (5 and 8), liked Chef Mickey's and CRT the most.

I agree with above posters that the best breakfasts are Tusker House, 1900 Park Fare, Cape May Cafe, and Garden Grill. It's also rumored that a new one will be starting up at Artist Point, although I don't know exactly when, or which characters will be there. Bon Voyage also has its fans, but I haven't tried that one yet.

To me it's less obvious which are the best dinners (I've done several and don't currently have a favorite), but perhaps Crystal Palace is one to consider.

I also don't know anyone who would recommend Chef Mickey's.

For breakfast Garden Grill, good food and since its small you will see the characters 2 or 3 times. For a character dinner our favorite is 1900 Park Fare. The evil stepsisters are a hoot. On an earlier trip they talked to us and when they found out I was a single dad they had an argument in front of my daughter about which one was going to marry me and where could they ship the evil child (her) off to.

We loved the Bon Voyage Breakfast over at the Boardwalk. The food was great and it was fun to meet the Princes as well as the Princesses! And it is a short walk into Epcot as well.

I love Tusker House for any meal. Dinner at Akershus or Garden Grill. Very good food. The problem with breakfast is that all of the food is basically the same which is why I love Tusker House. They have a nice variety. I have done Chef Mickeys several times and I will tell you that I am very glad that everyone I would ever go to Disney with has decided we do not ever need to do this again. If you are paying out of pocket breakfast is the cheapest way to go but on a dining plan I would do dinner. I would also try to combine my choice with a free fast pass to one of the shows---Rivers of Light at Tusker House or Fantasmic at Hollywood and Vine I also believe you can get candlelight processional at Garden Grill or Akershus.

We have no character meals booked next trip but if we decide to do one once we are at WDW Tusker House and Cape May breakfast are the two we will choose from. Tusker House because it's really good and Cape May because we are staying at BWV and I've read a lot of good things about their character breakfast. They usually have same day openings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!