Best character meals for adults

aclov

DIS Veteran
I really enjoy character meals but prefer ones that aren’t too cheesy, not really interested in all the princesses. I’ve done Ohana with LILO and Stitch, Grand Floridian, Chef Mickey’s and last month Crystal Place at MK. Thinking of doing maybe Cape May next time. Are there any others I should consider?

Went to Crystal palace last trip with my family and hated it. All the characters were so spread ( was there an hour and didn't see all the characters) and seats are so close to each other it just felt like a waste of money. The ones we do enjoy are Garden Grill at Epcot and Tusker House in animal kingdom. Both places you get great food,service and see the characters more than once.

You may not want to interact with princesses but 1900 Park Fare is my favorite and I'm 65 years old. We travel down to WDW every year and we never miss 1900 PF. The step sisters are more than worth their weight in gold, much less the cost of the buffett. They are a hoot and I am sorry but, I have to confess, I have asked for Anastasia's hand in marriage. I even took my wifes ring off and offered it to her. Step mom was horrified and told her daughter she was on her own. Such a great interaction you must experiance them at least once in your life. To really enjoy the fun, you have to ba part of the fun. Bury your inhibitions, if you have any, and "Let it go".

I really enjoy character meals but prefer ones that aren’t too cheesy, not really interested in all the princesses. I’ve done Ohana with LILO and Stitch, Grand Floridian, Chef Mickey’s and last month Crystal Place at MK. Thinking of doing maybe Cape May next time. Are there any others I should consider?

1900 Park Fare has good food, and the cheesiest character you get is Mad Hatter(breakfast). Tusker House would also be a good option since it has more adventurous food and the non-talking characters(in Safari outfits).

Storybook Dining at Artist Point
Cape May Cafe (already in OP's plan)
Garden Grill (already suggested above)

Tusker House used to be my favorite, but the food has become less exotic and more standard, which has made it less special for me.

Garden Grill (already suggested above)

Tusker House used to be my favorite, but the food has become less exotic and more standard, which has made it less special for me.

I agree 100% on Tusker House. Last time they didn't even have the corned beef hash. The food is still very good and it's a fun place, but it doesn't appeal to me as much with the current offerings.

Garden Grill is a great one for adults and super chill. The food is also wonderful - very hot and comforting!

Cape May is awesome! Love it there, for both food and characters.
Storybook dining at WL, and the breakfast with Rapunzel & Flynn at Trattoria al Forno (at the boardwalk) is also a good option.

Cape May is awesome! Love it there, for both food and characters.
Storybook dining at WL, and the breakfast with Rapunzel & Flynn at Trattoria al Forno (at the boardwalk) is also a good option.
I’m leaning towards Cape May as I will be staying at the Boardwalk. I like the beach theme too.

Garden Grill! I've also heard Storybook is good too. I haven't experienced it yet but thinking it might be on the list for the next trip.

While I personally enjoyed Storybook Dining, the OP said they wanted to avoid cheesy and Storybook is the very definition. They change lights, play music and perform dances and skip around the dining room. OP, the food is great there and the characters are extremely fun and in character, but expect lots of song and dance with your dinner. For what it’s worth, the Evil Queen more than makes up for the silliness

I was at Crystal Palace for Easter and was very disappointed in the food and having to wait an hour for the characters to come to my side of the restaurant. Minnie’s Springtime Dine at Hollywood and Vine was lots better! Garden Grill is one of my favorites, especially at breakfast.

My wife and I enjoy the Garden Grill at the Land in Epcot. It was good food and just the right amount of characters without them being pushy or in your face. If you were eating, then they just wave and move. If you want to take photos or "chat" with them, then they stay for a little bit. Also, there were not kids running all around like at the Star Wars-themed character meal at Hollywood & Vine.

I liked Garden Grill for the following reasons (in no particular order):
  • Kids aren't running around
  • Really good food (bring your own "to-go" container for the cinnamon roll :cloud9:)
  • Not a buffet so you don't have to worry about missing a character
  • You get to see the characters at least twice. I saw them 4 times on a slower morning.

You may not want to interact with princesses but 1900 Park Fare is my favorite and I'm 65 years old. We travel down to WDW every year and we never miss 1900 PF. The step sisters are more than worth their weight in gold, much less the cost of the buffett. They are a hoot and I am sorry but, I have to confess, I have asked for Anastasia's hand in marriage. I even took my wifes ring off and offered it to her. Step mom was horrified and told her daughter she was on her own. Such a great interaction you must experiance them at least once in your life. To really enjoy the fun, you have to ba part of the fun. Bury your inhibitions, if you have any, and "Let it go".
Yay I am so glad to hear this! We love Alice in Wonderland, Mary Poppins etc and were so excited to get this as our character breakfast! Glad to hear it's fun for adults! :)

Cape May is my favorite, as a solo. It seems to attract more "adult only" parties, I think it's because of the convention trade.

As long as they still have the beef bobotie, I could fill my stomach with just that and be completely content. I hope they never get rid of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!