Best/closest off property hotel?

DancinMama

Mouseketeer
We’re driving down to FL from MN and made really good time and are now getting to Disney the night before our reservation starts. Where do you all suggest staying for the night that would be inexpensive and as close as possible to our resort. We’re staying at POP. Thanks!

What do you consider inexpensive? We like to stay at the Springhill Suites Flamingo Crossings which has no parking fee or resort fees, a nice free breakfast and a quick entry to Disney property near Animal Kingdom.

There is an overwhelming number of options around Disney, so you really have to focus on what you want.

Are you just looking for a place to crash out that is clean, basic, inexpensive or are you looking for a fun resort day with lots of things to do (more of a good value for the money (quality/amenities really good for the price)? What's your date and what's your budget?

Last edited:
It’s for tonight November 2. Just someplace clean and decent to crash because we won’t get there until about 10pm. We’re staying at POP

So, sounds like you need 'clean and comfortable' @ reasonable price over 'best' which usually implies amenities. Assuming arriving late & using NO amenities except a free breakfast. Also, assuming you don't need to stay all that close to POP since you have a car (close is relative but I'd say a 30 min drive in the morning is sufficient to open up lots of options) & the further out, the cheaper it will get. How many are you? I'd probably bid on a high-ish star property in a zone north of WDW & get a good deal for one night.

I can personally recommend the comfort inn @ 8134 international Dr, but its coming in over $120 tonight for 4 adults. (Has 'excellent' rating).

The Best Western Plus at 3484 Polynesian Isle is also highly rated & has nonrefundable rate of $103 tonight for 4 adults.

Again, I'd probably bid $80 ish on a 3 or 3 1/2 star hotel in Ocoee, Clermont, international Dr area. Staying north & west so you're not driving south to stay, then north the next morning. Especially if there's only 2 of you. Then if you don't get a match, reserve something.

Come back & let us know what got chosen & how this worked out for you, glad to hear the driving has gone quick.

How long did your drive take? I'm from MN too, so I'm curious as to how long it takes in reality vs. what google maps says. :rotfl:

We left around 6am MN on a Friday and ended up in Cadiz, KY around 9pm. We had some car trouble the first day so that took at least an hour and we also stopped for lunch and supper and a few potty breaks.

On Saturday we left the hotel around 8am and got to the hotel we chose in Winter Springs, Fl (only about 30 minutes NW of Disney) by 9 or 10pm. Again we only stopped for a couple of quick meals, gas and potty breaks.

It's a pretty easy drive even though it's long. We've done it a few times with our kids and they've done great with it. There are also a lot of great places to stop on the way down if you want to see some sites and stretch your legs.

We ended up staying at Townhouse Orlando West which was basically right on our route to Disney and only 30 minutes away. It was a nice, clean, fairly inexpensive ($75 after taxes) hotel to stay at the night before. I was happy with our choice. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!