Best concierge in terms of service and food?

ead79

<font color=#FF0066>Disney Bride!<br><font color=v
The only concierge I have stayed at is the Poly lagoon concierge. I found the staff there to be quite friendly, and the food offerings were delicious. Yum! I was wondering which concierges have the best food and most friendly service. :) Are there any concierges that you don't think are worth the extra cost?

I've stayed concierge at BWI, GF and AKL. AKL was the best. (BWI was very nice and had a better location) GF was not worth the money, and the service was so bad I wouldn't stay at the GF concierge again if it was free.

Anne

Hey Ducklite, you hit the nail right on the head when you say that the GF Concierge sucks. We did it once and after the trip was over we tried to figure out what we got for the extra dollars spent. I have said this before, that you would be much better off getting a non concierge room, saving the money, and doing special things for yourself and your family with the savings. The ineptness of the GF concierge staff is particularly annoying given that this is supposed to be Disney's flagship hotel. The GF is a great place to stay, but don't waste your $$$ on the concierge services!!!!

ducklite and infinity and beyond:

which GF concierge did you stay in? the main building or sugar loaf (i think that's the name)?

i've heard this over and over again (the criticism of GF concierge)..
i've reserved the GF concierge in the summer, and i'm a bit concerned now....

ducklite,
can you specify the differences in service you received at the AKL vs GF?
we stayed at AKL last summer but were not that impressed by the service....the building design is amazing, but when we had a rather minor problem that needed resolving, the desk clerk was amazingly cold (as opposed to our usual experience with disney CMs) and the assistant manager or manager or whatever she was (an Indian - as in India) was downright rude....
my daughter was sick so rather than check out at 11 i asked to check out at 5 and pay for a day room (50% of the full rate), which you can do at the beach club resort as i've done it before(also when my daughter was sick)....
the manager told me that while the other hotels at WDW do it the AKL doesn't......i said fine, i'll take the room for another night and pay the full rate even though i'm leaving at 5......(the hotel was half empty at the time so it wasn't a problem for them to give me the room for the whole night)...
so they did that, but never smiled....never apologized.....i was stunned.....
as a result i'm pretty much turned off by the AKL.....the only hotel at WDW that i feel that way about....

Disneyholic Family, the dissapointment with the GF concierge is not anything that they do but what they DON'T do. The whole attraction to a concierge level is the extra services and catering that the guest receives many times as a pleasant surprise. This was by no means the case at the GF. We have stayed at other hotels and our experience with the concierge staffs was wonderful. One that comes to mind is the Hyatt Resort on Kuai at Poipou Bay. On a daily basis the concierge staff checked with you to make sure you were set for the day with excursions, reservations or sugestions for other activities. At the GF(main bldg) you were hard pressed to get a "good morning" or a smile. Aside from the overall service the beverage service in the concierge lounge is a joke. For what you pay you should be able to get a bottle of water or a can of Diet Coke. I don't mean to put a damper on your trip, the GF is wonderful! The concierge service sucks.

thank you infinity and beyond...

i think we will keep the reservation at the GF....
it's the only disney resort we haven't stayed in yet, so what the hey...
it's only for a few days....if we like it we can try it again another time..
we'll be there for 3 weeks but most of the time we'll be off property at the grand cypress villas.....in a fit of annoyance over the cancellation of EE i decided to break with tradition and do the villa part of our stay off property (although we really enjoyed the two bedroom we had last year at OKW)....
but i'm really curious about the GF, so we'll spend and few days to start....

thanks for the info (oh...as for concierge service, yes i'm familiar with what it should be like....we usually go for concierge rooms when we travel......just not at WDW for some reason....i guess we figured we'd never be around enough to take advantage of it....but that's changed over the years and yet i never thought of doing it before this)...

i wonder what's so great about the polynesian concierge...i've seen lots of posts about how fantastic it is...

thanks ducklite...
very interesting post...
i guess i'll have to try it out to see...
but based on what i've read i'll stick with a regular lagoon view room but not concierge....

as for the YC/BC.....we've stayed in both numerous times (and in the BW once)....

we don't really like any of them all that much, but stay there for weekends due to proximity to epcot (we go into epcot on saturdays......it seems the least crowded).....

as for YC/BC,,....we also love the pool but feel that the limitation to guests is not at all enforced......we would sit and watch as obvious non-guests came in to use the pool....

last summer when we were there, there was no one watching the entrance from the yacht club side or from the waterway side......very irritating.....

maybe things like that have tightened.....i complained about it when i checked out......it's a function of staffing cutbacks....

Any more opinions? I know some of you are concierge experts. :)

I have only stayed at the Polynesian concierge this past Dec. The staff in the office were not to friendly or helpful, but the staff up in the lounge were GREAT! The food was great, different every night, everybody was very friendly, the view was beautiful especially the Christmas tree and turning all the lights off when the fireworks would go off at MK! The location of Hawaii was great also between the two pools. I would love to hear abouthe WL concierge.

Beach Club concierge was great! We stayed there last July and can't say enough about how great the food and service were. We were always greeted when we got off the elevator, the CM's kept asking if we needed help with anything and gave us drinks as we left for the parks. Try them and see for yourself!

Misti,
just posted a review of her stay at the BC Concierge and the GF RPC. I will try to find it and bump it up for you

I've only stayed at the polynesian and thought the service was great. The girls that checked us in were wonderful. The lounge staff was super. Upon arrival and just starting to unpack we received a welcome basket with all kinds of goodies. My mom wanted to send all her purchased stuff home so the really great cm who checked us in got all the packing things she would need,packed it for her and shipped the box. I'm not a real poly fan but I can't say enough about how great concierge staff was to all 4 of us. This was in 12-99. We consisted of Me(45) Grandmom(68)my dd(27) neice(19).As you can see all different ages and we were all happy. Grandma thought the walk from main building to conceirge wasn't bad.Also water and pop were available in individual sizes upon request. Next trip AKL concierge in April just me and dd. Susan:pinkbounc

Hi ead79!

I have stayed at Poly concierge 2 times, YC concierge 2 times and GF RPC once (for one night only)

the Poly was pretty good food, but very unfriendly cm's!

the YC was amazing both times!!! we have it booked for two more times this year!!! the food selections are great! they have much more out during the day then the Poly. also the cm's are incredible! I cannot speak highly enough of the YC concierge!
I think you would have the same excellent experience at the BC concierge! I took tour of it, and it is very comparable to the YC, and the cm's work together a the Y&B concierges!

Laura :)

AKL as treated us the best...and the food is oh so yummy, can't wait to go back!

I hope this isn't one of those "if you have to ask ... then you can't afford it..." questions... But how much can one expect to pay for one of these rooms?

Do the prices vary according to season - or are they constant throughout the year?

We've been DVC members since 1997, and have had no desire to stay anywhere else - but I'm still curious...

With the new revamping of our point schedules, we can now secure Concierge rooms, but I'm thinking it would probably be better to rent some points, then take the $$ and get the rooms for cash, given that the "point rates" are so excessive.

Thanks in advance!

I have reservations at the Poly 6/2-6/8, with my husband & 2 1/2 yr old son. I am considering upgrading, but am still not sure. It is an extra $100 a day - for breakfast & snacks?! I just don't understand it yet. Please advise. Thank you.

Dana,
For the extra cost, you get several perks. The concierge staff will make Priority Seatings for you, there is a complimentary mini-fridge in your room, there are bathrobes in your room, and there is complimentary food throughout the day. At the Poly there is breakfast (muffins, bagels, cereal, fruit, etc.), midday snacks (including great cookies), evening hor'devours (there were spring rolls, some pasta, etc. when we were there), and desserts (quite a delicious selection). Also, the concierge building at the Poly is the Hawaii building. Hawaii is located right off the beach, facing the lagoon and Cinderella castle. We had quite an impressive view (room 1512). Hope this helps! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter