Best CS restaurants & coffee?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
My brother asked me to help him with his upcoming DLR trip.....

He is staying at the Paradise Pier hotel & will only be in the parks for 2 days & will be with his wife and 2 year old daughter.

2 year old eats standard kid food-mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, etc..

What are the best counter service restaurants?

Also, where can he get good coffee? Starbucks is his favorite, but he will enjoy any strong good quality coffee.

Thanks!

Last edited:
There are two Starbucks in Downtown Disney and one in each park so he is good there!

My brother asked me to help him with his upcoming DLR trip.....

He is staying at the Paradise Pier hotel & will only be in the parks for 2 days & will be with his wife and 2 year old daughter.

2 year old eats standard kid food-mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, etc..

What are the best counter service restaurants?

Also, where can he get good coffee? Starbucks is his favorite, but he will enjoy any strong good quality coffee.

Thanks!
Until it closes for the new hotel construction, Earl of Sandwich in DTD is a really good place to eat.

Geemo

For me and my family, Whitewater Snacks is our go to counter service option. It's in the Grand Californian Hotel, over in the area of the DCA entrance. Good food, good prices (for Disney) and very relaxing area to relax, eat and plan your next move in or out of the parks.

You are going to make his day: As soon as he passes through security to enter DtD tell him to order his Starbucks on the app from Starbucks Downtown Disney West, then he can pick it up from the Starbucks mini-store (no seating here) by the monorail and start enjoying it first thing on the way to the parks. Much nicer than battling the crowds at the main DtD Sbux or in the parks & he'll actually have a chance to drink it before having to throw it out when he gets on his first ride!

Suggest that your brother bring some Starbucks VIA packets with him so that he can still have Starbucks coffee if he dines somewhere that serves a different brand. The official park brand is Joffrey's Coffee, which is much milder than Starbucks. DH usually has a few VIA packets in his wallet for meals at TS restaurants.

As others have said, there are two Starbucks location in DTD and one in each park. The DTD Starbucks locations can do mobile orders, but not the in park locations. As others have said, first thing in the morning, the lines at the in park Starbucks are pretty long. (They do come in cute co-branded cups, but that's probably not a big enough drawing point to wait in the long line to order. There is also some theme park exclusive merchandise available at the in park Starbucks locations, so if you collect Starbucks mugs/tumblers, it's worth checking out both in-park shops.) You can use your Starbucks Gift Cards (physical and in the Starbucks app) to pay for your purchases at the two in-park Starbucks locations.

In terms of counter service locations in the parks, I highly recommend the Plaza Inn, Flo's V-8 Cafe, and the French Market. Both Flo's and the French Market have mac and cheese, but Plaza Inn does not have either. That being said, the Plaza Inn does have really good fried chicken. For the kids, there is pasta with marinara sauce, but it's pretty bland, and a baked chicken leg (fried is so much better!) at the Plaza Inn.

Plaza Inn for the fried chicken. Rancho del Zocalo for the street tacos. Stage Door cafe for a awesome corndog and fries. Broadwalk Pizza and Pasta for some pretty good spaghetti and meatballs. Award Wieners for sone pretty good hotdogs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter