Best Day Ever!! Trainer for a Day program

Joanna71985

<marquee><font color=green>Characters are my frien
Today was nothing short of amazing! After living down in FL for 9 years, and having a SeaWorld pass for almost 4 years, I *finally* made it over to Discovery Cove! I decided to do the Trainer for a Day program to celebrate, and it was so much fun! Already looking forward to my next day at DC

Thank you! It was a lot of fun, and I learned a lot from the trainer

(I'd put a full post up, but as I'm falling asleep I'll definitely put a review up soon)

Let's see where to start (I'm not good at doing reviews). I arrived at Discovery Cove just before 7:30. Check-in was a breeze, and told that the trainer would meet everyone in the lobby. Just around 8, she arrived to meet the group. In addition to me there were 3 other people (a mom and her daughters). Yay for small group! First stop was getting breakfast, then we went to get wetsuits/vests. We went to the aviary to see the birds (this was definitely one of my highlights, as I love birds). Then we went to see the otters. We got to feed them! Dang they are cute. After the otters, we got to meet a couple of the smaller animals (including a sloth). It was pretty neat getting to interact with them. Then came the part I think everyone was looking forward to- the dolphins! It was in 2 parts- the regular dolphin experience, then there would be one just for Trainer for a Day groups. We met Capricorn for the first part. We got pictures with him, as well as doing the dorsal pull (I went with going from deep water). The second half was really cool! We got to do a foot push (which feels like you're flying), as well as doing "races". After both of those, we took a photo with the 2 dolphins (which were Capricorn and Yoko). Once we finished with the dolphins, it was time for lunch. For both breakfast and lunch, I thought there were plenty of options. After lunch, we went to check out the Grand Reef. There were so many pretty fish (as well as rays). We got to see a horseshoe crab and a little shark up close. Then we got to feed the fish. The trainer gave us some time to enjoy the reef, as well as being able to check out the sharks. When we finished up with the reef, the program was drawing to a close. We headed over to the photo counter to take care of that. I went ahead and got the package with everything. Unfortunately a storm had rolled in at this point (shutting everything down). It lasted aprox 3-4:30ish, then luckily stopped. This meant another trip to see the birds and otters. The birds were very active! I had one in the first room that stayed with me for at least 5 minutes! (first on my arm, then on my head). And in the last room, I had 2 that seemed to love my ears. Then the otters were too cute. They had just been given some ice, which they were playing around with. Soon it was 5:30, so the areas were shutting down. So I went to get ready to head out, and get the pictures. Honestly, Trainer for a Day was one of the best things ever! I highly recommend it. I definitely hope to do it again someday

It sounds like trainer far a day includes the dolphin swim and the animal trek. That certainly makes it worth it for the price! Thanks for sharing Joanna71985!

You're welcome! I'm curious to see how TFAD and Animal Trek compare (I'm doing Animal Trek on Wed), but it was awesome how much was included in the tour

Honestly, Trainer for a Day was one of the best things ever! I highly recommend it. I definitely hope to do it again someday

That sounds amazing! A regular day at DC is great, but to have all those additional up close interactions would be awesome!:goodvibes

So what do you think Jonanna71985? Was the Animal Trek a repeat of what you did as Trainer for a day? I want to know so I know what to sign up for next time I go. and there will be a next time! Even if I just float in the lazy river and drink! It will be worth it!

So what do you think Jonanna71985? Was the Animal Trek a repeat of what you did as Trainer for a day? I want to know so I know what to sign up for next time I go. and there will be a next time! Even if I just float in the lazy river and drink! It will be worth it!

For the most part, Animal Trek included what was on TFAD. The biggest difference was working with the macaws (while we went in the aviary during TFAD, we didn't really do anything- just visiting). Plus the small animals were different, but that also may vary by tour. The only thing that was the same was the part with the otters. However, for what it was worth, I would definitely do both tours again (especially Animal Trek)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter