Best Day of Week to Go to Seaworld

fspbt2

Earning My Ears
Is there a least crowded day to visit Seaworld? Our week in Orlando will be 5/14-5/21.

i found a list that said mon tues wed best days to go to seaworld with thurs being average and fri sat sun busy...hence i will be going at the start of the week.

I would like to bump this up...

We have plans to go to Discovery Cove on Monday May 2nd... I kind of wanted to take DS to Sea World FIRST, and save the best (dolphin swim) for last!

This means going to Sea World on Sunday. I am thinking that this might not be too bad during this time frame (first week of May) I am thinking that at this time, Sea World may be swamped during the week with school end-of-the-year field trips. While most schools are in session, students having 'finals' etc...

Anyone have any good, reliable info on how crowded Sundays are during this season between Easter and Summer?

I would also be interested in the best days to go to Sea World. I will be heading to Disney World in late September and I can either choose a Tuesday or Sunday for Sea World. Any recommendations on if it makes much of a difference that time of year?

It doesn't matter if there are lots of people at Sea World . You will be able to walk into any show without waiting in line because you just fill up stadiums instead of lining up to get in. You just need to plan to be at a show 10-15 minutes before showtime.
The rides will have lines even if the crowds are not huge because there are only 3 of them if you count the simulator at Wild Arctic. Plan Wild Arctic so that you are not there when a Shamu show lets out. That is when the line will be long. If you go during a Shamu show or most other times during the day it is almost a walk on.
Journey line is semi- long on most times we have been there and Kraken is too. My son usually goes by himself now and usually is able to ride Kraken a couple times within a 30 minute time even on busy days though. While he does those rides I hang out in the gift shop at Journey. I love the aquarium room in the back so be sure to take the kids to see the floor and ceiling aquarium.
We always say our longest wait is in line to get our BBQ from Smokey Creek, but it is well worth the wait.
Weekends will be your busier times because locals like us will be there, but in comparison to a day at WDW it is so laid back you really don't even notice the crowds.
I would guess that schools here will be doing a lot of end of the year field trips to all of the parks in Orlando during the month of May, so weekdays you might encounter more groups of kids in the parks in May.

It doesn't matter which day you show up.

They key to enjoying your day at SWF is to arrive early and do the 2 roller coasters in the back of the park. They let people in at 08:45am, so arrive the parking lot at 08:30am. National Anthem plays at 09:00am, and you start walking, head to the left side and go straight back past dolphin stadium. Take your rides on JTA and Kracken, it will be a walkon and you can go many times.
Watch the dolphin show, the first one usually starts at 10:00am, then head over the Clyde and Seamore. For each of these shows, get there 20 minutes in advance for good seats, 30 minutes if you want the front middle section. It doesn't matter, you can see everything no matter where you sit.
For the polar bear exhibit, do the walk thru, the simulator will make you sick.
Eat lunch at 11am or 3pm. At noon everyone gets hungry like you wouldn't believe and the lines for the food places are nuts. Even if you are not hungry at 11am, go to the food place of your choice, order, and eat.
3pm is a good time to visit the keywest area, buy a beer at the snack stand next to the sting ray tank, and feed the dolphins. They play Jimmy Buffett music and it feels like Key West. By this time, your feet will be tired, and you'll be ready to leave.

maui2k5 said:
I would also be interested in the best days to go to Sea World. I will be heading to Disney World in late September and I can either choose a Tuesday or Sunday for Sea World. Any recommendations on if it makes much of a difference that time of year?

As earlier posters have stated, SeaWorld "swallows" crowds pretty well. Since you're going in September though, I would visit on Tuesday since that will eliminate local families visiting since kids will be in school. During the off-season, weekends are definitely more crowded than weekdays, but the weekends are still very manageable.

Last minute trip planned yesterday....May 25 & 26th are our choices. :cool1: I think we will go on Wednesday.. Hopefully the week before Memorial day won't be too bad.

I am going to ride Atlantis first for sure. :cool1:

Michelle

May 25th is the last day of school for Orlando kids, you'll be fine. Most kids will skip to IOA instead.

September 11th is a Sunday, you'll also be fine if you are there at 08:30am. Most are at church early in the morning.

Does anyone know if SW is very crowded during the second week of October? I know Disney is supposed to be pretty calm....but I didn't know about SW.

It was wondeful! We were there on a Friday and the park was busy,but not packed. We did everything we wanted and the weather was perfect! :sunny:

Have fun! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter