Best Day Pass on Western Cruise

scottb8888

DVC: SSR, HHI & BVI
I'd like to ask about people's experience with Hotel Day passes on the Western Cruise (Cayman, Mexico, Jamaica). We plan on our 2018 Cruise to do at least 1 day pass. Several years ago we did that at a Melia Hotel and it was perfect for the family.

I'd like to ask about people's experience with Hotel Day passes on the Western Cruise (Cayman, Mexico, Jamaica). We plan on our 2018 Cruise to do at least 1 day pass. Several years ago we did that at a Melia Hotel and it was perfect for the family.
Jewel at Runaway Bay in Falmouth.

And even thought its not an all-inclusive, I MUCH prefer Paradise Beach to Mr Sanchos. Better pool, better staff, better food, better service and because (in my opinion) its NOT an all inclusive you it gets better clientele. Even though for most, I don't think you would spend much more than what the cover at Mr Sanchos costs anyway. People (especially cruisers) know the cost up front, even if it isnt the best value.

We haven't been yet, but we booked the Westin grand cayman.. looks like paradise to me! Booked through resort for a day

Last year we booked through resort for a day the Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica when we stopped at Falmouth. The company met us in the port and a driver took us to and from the hotel. It is all inclusive so alcohol is included if that is important to you. Food was just ok. I would say not as good as most Hilton's (I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member so have stayed at many.). There is a lazy river, a couple of water slides, and multiple pools. Plenty of lounge chairs and a beach area.

Last year we booked through resort for a day the Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica when we stopped at Falmouth. The company met us in the port and a driver took us to and from the hotel. It is all inclusive so alcohol is included if that is important to you. Food was just ok. I would say not as good as most Hilton's (I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member so have stayed at many.). There is a lazy river, a couple of water slides, and multiple pools. Plenty of lounge chairs and a beach area.
Sounds good.... resort for a day is a business?

My family actually stayed at the Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall in Montego Bay (for a destination wedding) and loved it! There are two pools which are large and not overcrowded and an enclosed area along the beach where you can also swim and relax. The food was not exceptional but definitely good - much better than average. I also found it clean. We were there for 4 days and not just a day trip, so there may be some differences but I wouldn't hesitate to go back there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter