• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best DD Dinner for 2 Adults 1st Night in Anaheim

BeckyEsq

Mouseketeer.
We will be arriving in Anaheim on a Friday evening and would like to have dinner at Downtown Disney. It will be myself and DH. Any suggestions? Where's your favorite place in DD?

I like the Jazz Kitchen. The food is good, and it is really a nice atmosphere. 714/781-3463

My husband and I really enjoyed Naples in DTD. We sat outside and listened to some very nice live music playing nearby. We have eaten there twice and enjoyed both times.

For fine dining, there's Napa Rose in the GC. Won't be cheap but will be very good. Nice selection of wines.

It really depends on your taste, your budget, your mood at the time, what you're looking for in a dining experience at DTD, and the time you're willing to wait to get a table.

Personally I stay away from Rainforest Cafe - I prefer to do something special at DTD rather than eat at a big chain I can find at several local malls. ESPN is a fun place, with great food for about the cheapest at DTD, and I don't even really like sports. Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen is Fabulous - yes, the same Brennan's from New Orleans fame. Naples has never disappointed, either. House of Blues is also nice - depends on what's playing and if their crowd may annoy you, but the food is terrific.

I also agree that Napa Rose is phenomenal - but if you're looking for something in the heart of DTD so you can experience that, Napa's not your place. They're perfect for a quiet dinner, just the two of you.

Sorry - I guess I'm no help at all!! :earboy2: I hope you enjoy your visit!!

DH and I really enjoyed Uva bar which is the outdoor bar right smack in the middle of DTD. They serve tapas (mini plates of food and you get several and share or have one for yourself), other sandwiches/burgers and smaller not so heavy dinner item, and alcoholic beverages. It's a good place for some people watching as well and to experience the outdoor performers (musicians).

There is a restaurant (indoor) right next to it called Catals. It serves some tapas as well but also real dinner courses and a fuller selection. The prices are a bit more reasonable than Napa Rose (but Napa Rose is great quality food as well). hope this helps!

The Uva bar serves the same food as Catal. Both are excellent! Catal would be a great choice for fine dining.
For something more casual, Naples is great as well.
The Napa Rose I hear excellent things about. The menu varies by what's in season.
Tortilla Joes is great, or fair- depending on the chef that day, unforunately.
I'm not a big Rainforest Cafe person either. Fun atmosphere - subpar food for high prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter