Best Decision you made in the last 15 years

The best decision I've ever made was having a hysterectomy after nearly 40 years of horrendous periods, endometriosis pain, and cysts. Yes, I have hot flashes, but all in all menopause has been kind to me. No more periods every two weeks that are so heavy I have to wear a full size Depends pad because Maxi pads aren't large or absorbent enough. No more pain that's so bad I can't function. No more surgeries for the endo. I had a full hysterectomy and I. Am. Thrilled.

The best decision No more periods every two weeks that are so heavy I have to wear a full size Depends pad because Maxi pads aren't large or absorbent enough.

Annoyed-Man-Covering-Ears.jpg

Going back to school to be a teacher. I never wouldve done it without the back injury, but it's given me so much more time with the family - summers, weekends, holidays, evenings. I often had to work those when I was an -xray tech.

Bought a small place at the beach. It’s so amazing to have a place to escape and recharge. And it’s become a wonderful gathering place for our families, which has provided for countless wonderful memories over the past few years.

Doing everything we could to help get our DD thru college. She was 4 hours away and we went anytime she asked which wasn’t too often. We helped her move, made sure her car was maintained, was there 24/7 by phone for moral support, got her home for surgery TWICE, so many more things. I wouldn’t trade any of it. She’s graduated, employed, HAPPY AND HEALTHY! So proud to be her mom.

The best decision I've ever made was having a hysterectomy after nearly 40 years of horrendous periods, endometriosis pain, and cysts. Yes, I have hot flashes, but all in all menopause has been kind to me. No more periods every two weeks that are so heavy I have to wear a full size Depends pad because Maxi pads aren't large or absorbent enough. No more pain that's so bad I can't function. No more surgeries for the endo. I had a full hysterectomy and I. Am. Thrilled.
Not reading this post.

Oh that's easy.
Moving in with my sister to work with her over the summer at the state park she worked at.

That was 14 years ago and I was 17. I pretty much immediately started crushing hard on this one dude there.

He asked me out that August, once I turned 18. We were married 3 years later and have 5 wonderful children.

To buy forclosed houses in late 2006 and beyond

to listen to my gut feeling at the beginning of 2006 that we couldn't wait a minute longer and HAD TO SELL OUR HOME. we weren't planning on moving for at least a year but my gut said LIST IT NOW. listed it at the beginning of april, sold for full ask within 2 weeks, closed in may right as the bubble in our area BURST. we spoke to our realtor a year or so later and he said that our house was officially the last house to sell in that city 'before it all came crashing down'.

within 5 years it went to foreclosure and sold for less than 50% of what we sold it for, 18 months after that it went into another foreclosure and someone got it for 15% of our sales price (less than 40% of what we had paid for it as new construction 14 years earlier).

Last edited:
During the recession, late 2008, DH's plant was closing and six months of looking netted no job at all, my job in a small town library wouldn't even cover the mortgage.
The company offered DH a job at headquarters, in Germany---but without all the help nornally given to expats.
We had 6 weeks to sell or store our things, 4 suitcasese each that we got to take with us, no German langauge skills and two kids in school who had to jump into German speaking schools. It was a HUGE risk, and the first few years were really tough (especially on our poor kids---they were too old to pick up the langauge easily, but young enough that often people assumed they could and ere not trying; other kids were not always kind to the new non native speakers, etc).

BUT, in the end we are very happy here---and even my oldest, who is back in the US now, is glad to have had the time they did here. It totally altered the course of our lives---but for the better.

Slightly more than 15 years, but buying DVC. The wonderful times we have had, being able to share it with family and friends, has made it one of our best decisions.

To give up my career of 16 years, go back to school, and become an RN. While I liked running my own business, it was a ton of work, little to no time off, and without the benefits associated with traditional careers...
I love what I do; and, there is so much variety and opportunity in nursing that if I need a change some time down the line, I can find it.
It was a scary decision, especially since it meant closing my business and going to school just as our own kids were edging toward college age; but, it all worked out and I couldn't be happier.

It was a tough decision to make but in 2004 we changed churches. Looking back, we are so grateful now for how the people and ministry opportunities at our new place have shaped us. I can’t imagine life without them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!