Best deluxe hotel for solo for one night of pure relaxation?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
What is the best Disney hotel for one night of solo pure relaxation, just "soaking up the Disney feeling" and probably not going to the parks? I always go for the same number of days and stay in a moderate (spending so much time at the parks, I can't see paying for a Deluxe). But I've always wanted to stay at a Deluxe hotel. So I'm considering adding one night onto my next trip so that I can just totally relax (after running around in the parks), sit on the balcony of my room, or sit in the lobby with a drink and a book. First, does this sound like a good idea? I asked DH for his opinion, but he's so "Well, it's your time off, so do whatever.." But I want opinions! And where do you think I should stay? I'm kind of thinking of the Grand Floridian-I sat on a couch in their lobby once and it was so relaxing!

Hi Simba's Mom: have you considered the AKL? I am staying there for a few days in Dec. after I heard lots of people from these boards mentioning that they didn't even bother to go to the parks since there was so much to watch and do there. It seems to be a nice looking resort, luxurious but with nature all around. Well, I guess it all depends on what kind of theming you prefer, but if you are true to your name, then maybe AKL is for you! Depending on the time of your travel you can grab some good discounts there.
I have done lots of resort hopping, but I always prefer to stay at least 2 days at each to absorb a bit more of the atmosphere. It is not always possible to have an early check in and even though they keep our stuff, I don't really feel at home before I see myself and my things in the room, even if I leave after a few minutes.
Whatever you choose, you will have a great time, I am sure! All the deluxes are pretty amazing: Y&B has this awesome pool, BWI offers you the action by the Boardwalk, GF is so pretty and classy, with that incredible lobby, WL is cozy and peaceful.

I think this is the just the most beautiful and relaxing resort on property. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there last year and it is a goal of mine (especially if I am ever fortunate enough to go solo) to stay there again. The grounds are just beautiful and I loved going to Gaspiralla Grille each evening for an ice cream sundae. I also love the monorail and the refurbished rooms are just lovely. Whatever you decide, have a wonderful trip!

Lisa

I like the Polynesian - beautiful - very relaxing - and alot to see and do.

How about one of the DVC resorts - full kitchen and whirlpool tub - OKW has the best patio, and BWV has the best views.

Simba's Mom and BelleMom--you have inspired me! For my upcoming solo trip, I just booked myself into one night at the AKL. I've been wanting to try it out, and I'll finally have my chance. I'll be moving on to PO-R, but I'll have my one night to check out this beautiful resort. Thanks for the inspiration! :earsgirl:

Give the AKL a try. I spent three days there and it is sooo relaxing. Being solo you can wander around with your camera and not worry that your spouse maybe bored. Sitting on the balcony with a glass of wine and a good book is the best. It is so quiet and peaceful, I was dozing with a book one afternoon and when I came to I saw three giraffes right there in the savannah. You never know what animal will wander by. It's a priceless experience..........

I'm taking several members of my family to WDW in early December, but just for me, as I'm flying in a day early than everyone else, I've booked a night at AKL, for all the reasons I was hoping for that folks are talking about here...a night to relax and wander around, sit on the balcony and watch the savannah, explore, hopefully have a swim in the pool in the morning if the weather is aok...AKL sounds like a great place to do all of that!

Now I just have to decide if I want to have dinner at Boma or Jiko...hmm...

Also I got an AP for myself, since I expect to come back next year with some friends, and I talked to the greatest CM last week who got me an AP rate for a savannah view room with over $100 savings on the original rate! He said I could definitely even exchange my AP voucher for the actual pass right at the AKL customer services desk in the resort, don't even have to go to the park to do it!

Ahh, I wish it was November 30 (the morning of my departure)! :>

I really love the Wilderness Lodge. It is so great!! But I also like the Beach Club too. The room we had was AMAZING (although now it is the concierge office)!!!! It overlooked ALL of Future World and part of World Showcase. I like this resort for its proximity to EPCOT.

I'd vote for Boma!!

It won't take a huge bite out of your wallet, and it gives you lots of opportunities to sample some of the more exotic foods.
DH and I did this during our trip at the beginning of this month, and although we didn't like EVERYTHING that we tried, we tried a lot of things that we wouldn't have considered before. And if you enjoy prime rib.... theirs is the best I've EVER had.

Try the Zebra Dome desserts if they're still there when you get there.

Hope this helps....

boldpurple.gif
:bounce:
boldpurple.gif
boldpurple.gif
boldpurple.gif

My vote would be for Jiko. There is a counter where you can dine at and watch the chef cooking and talk to the chef, it is really nice. The chef is so nice and he even gives you samples of different dishes he is making. Boma has good food but Jiko is devine.

I've been thinking about this and for just one night I would choose Disney's Polynesian Resort with a lake view and a view of MK's castle. I've never stayed there, but for just one night to relax, they have a beach to go out and see the electrical lake parade and the castle wit fireworks, a new pool. Great place to have dinner and breakfast(Konga Toast). The monorail to take you to MK and EPCOT.

Ray :)

the best hotel on disney for relaxation and disney theme is wilderness lodge,it is cozy and very beautiful the rooms are very quiet and the theme is like a mountain lodge complete wtih pine needles and the smell of the forest,you'd never know you were in florida..

It would be a toss up for me, either Animal Kingdom lodge or Wilderness Lodge. What a fun idea to just enjoy a resort for one night, relaxing and fun at the same time.

Katholyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!