Best Dining at AK and HS

Disneylover1970

Mouseketeer
what is the best dining at AK and HS, whether CS or TS? I’ve been to Tusker House and Sci Fi and wasn’t a fan of Tusker House, liked Sci Fi. Thank you

what is the best dining at AK and HS, whether CS or TS? I’ve been to Tusker House and Sci Fi and wasn’t a fan of Tusker House, liked Sci Fi. Thank you

I love Yak N Yeti. It is my favorite place at AK. At HS we usually go with 50's Prime. We like the Fried Chicken.

Tiffins is the best, but can be rather expensive (signature). For AK QS my favorites are Harambe Market and Satuli Canteen.

At DHS I like the Brown Derby Lounge, but they don't take dining plan credits if that matters.

We like Rainforest Cafe for lunch at AK. At HS we like HBD for lunch and 50’s PTC for dinner.

We love Yak and Yeti at AK. We think their TS is better but their QS is good too. Also enjoy Kusifari for coffee and a light meal and Tiffins (we’re not the biggest fan of Tusker House, but lots of people love it).

Sci-Fi is my favorite place in HS, but we also enjoy 50’s PT and lunch at Brown Derby.

At AK, we love Tiffins and Yak & Yeti and at HS, we enjoy Sci-Fi and Hollywood Brown Derby.

Yak & Yeti is our go to place in AK. For HS we switch it up between Sci-Fi and Mama Melrose (DH loves MM's steak)

Tiffins is excellent, but expensive. Yak and Yeti is solid, but heavily Americanized Asian food. It's very good but not really anything you can't find elsewhere, if that matters. We enjoyed the Tusker House lunch buffet last year. We haven't been to Rainforest Cafe in a couple of years - I know it has naysayers but I haven't had any issues with the food - it's pretty standard fast casual chain restaurant stuff.

At Hollywood Studios our favorite is Hollywood Brown Derby. Mama Melrose's was much better than I thought it would be. 50's Primetime is a long time favorite of ours. Hollywood and Vine is mediocre buffet - we did it for the Disney Jr. characters when our kids were at the age of being into them.

I haven't eaten at too many places at AK recently but Santuli Canteen for QS was the best QS we had all week. Loved it and wish I could go back for more.

AK - TS our favorite is Tiffins, Yak & Yeti is also very good. QS - Satu'Li Canteen
HS - TS we enjoy Brown Derby and Mama Melrose. QS - none so far, haven't tried Woodys Lunchbox so there may be hope.

I enjoy Tusker for breakfast and a Yak & Yeti for lunch or dinner. At HS I only like Hollywood Brown Derby.

At Animal Kingdom Tiffins is clearly the superior meal, but given its signature status its not really a fair fight. We also love Nomads Lounge next to Tiffins which is a great spot to catch a drink and have some small bites. Yak N Yeti is also a must do for us every trip. Their entrees are good, but we find the appetizers are what they do best. For quick service Flame Tree is a solid choice.

In MGM if you've done SciFi you've hit the pinnacle of dining there :-) IMO Hollywood Brown Derby is not even in the same league as other signatures. 50's Prime Time is a fun stop and their food is good, it is all just way to heavy for my in the Florida heat.

Tiffins is the best, but can be rather expensive (signature). For AK QS my favorites are Harambe Market and Satuli Canteen.

At DHS I like the Brown Derby Lounge, but they don't take dining plan credits if that matters.
I love the Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge at HS. For AK we like Harambe Market.

Have either of you been to Harambe Market on the dining plan? We loved it on our last trip but this will be our first time using the dining plan. I don’t see any desserts listed on their menu on the app so I was wondering if they have something in place for this or if you just forfeit the dessert if you choose to use a credit there? Thanks!!

Well at Animal Kingdom, Yak & Yeti is my favorite but after last years trip the girls insist that on one of our two AK days we have to go to AKL and eat dinner at Boma's. You can actually make a meal out of just the soups and I love any place that has Zebra Domes for desert. At Hollywood my favorite is Sci Fi but the girls love 50's Prime Time. They love tat Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake for desert. Next trip I have been told one lunch and one dinner there for our two days there.

I really enjoyed Satuli Canteen in AK.
HS is a bit of a swing and miss for me as far as food goes. I haven't been to Brown Derby so can't speak to that, but honestly the best meal I've had inside that park was at Woody's Lunch Box. We're trying Mama Melrose this time around and I've heard mixed reviews so we'll see.

AK:
Nomad Lounge - attached to Tiffins and you can actually order off the Tiffins app menu, but they have their own unique small plate menu with decent prices. And great drinks! A welcome oasis in the park.

HS:
Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge - outside terrace attached to HBD. Great small plates, can order off the restaurant’s full menu, tasty drinks here including martini flights. A fun spot to people watch, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter