Best dining-Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin/YC/BC

ckelly14

DIS Veteran
Hello all. Heading to WDW in April and staying at the Swan. Wednesday is our Epcot day. We will probably hit some of the Flower and Garden Kiosks for lunch, then have a late dinner. I have a 7:30 at Tutto Italia, but may consider leaving Epcot and grabbing dinner around Crescent Lake. Any restaurant there you would choose over Tutto, either at the Boardwalk, S&D, YC or BC?

We always stay at the Swan or Dolphin and never really sampled food around that area. Always eating in the parks...

I think Swan/Dolphin has some of the best restaurants at WDW! If you are looking for Italian food, consider Il Mulino at the Swan (much better than Tutto, IMHO). If you like a more eclectic menu with a good variety of fish dishes, consider bluezoo at the Dolphin. Nice thing about these restaurants as well as you can book through opentable or directly with the restaurants/resort and not have to place a cc for a no-show fee.

We love the Yachtsman if you enjoy steak and also really enjoy the Flying Fish. I have honestly never tried Tutto Italia. We always go during food and wine and find it hard to eat dinner in Epcto, but if we do eat dinner in Epcot it is usually at Monsieur Paul (another fabulous restaurant). We do prefer the signature dining, but if you weren't doing Signature, I also love Chef's de France. We come from lots of Italian food at home so we don't often look for it specifically when at Disney and French food is harder to find by us.

I was actually disappointed by Il Mulino. However, there are plenty of good restaurants from Flying Fish, Shula's, and bluezoo. Kimonos is on my 'want to try' list. Yachtsman is also good but the others are better.

Thanks for all the info. I'm from the Philadelphia area but moved to SC, so we have great seafood but we miss Italian. My kids love it and unfortunately they usually only get it when I'm cooking (which is rare). I have heard mixed reviews about Il Mulino, either raves or disappointments.

Just looking at the Touring Plans restaurant reviews, Trattoria Al Forno is the most highly related Italian on property (highly above average), and Il Mulino was the worst (below average). The S&D restaurants are absolutely hammered on the those reviews. Biased on those properties or well deserved? Maybe because they are not "Disney"??

Looking at the reviews here, and the reviews on Touring Plan, would be safe to say that the discrepancy may be related to expectations? Where Trattoria may be more "American" Italian and Il Mulino more "authentic" if that makes sense?

I don't know who does the reviews at touring plans, but II Mulino is an excellent Italian Restaurant. The food is excellent, decor is very nice, and you can have a conversation there and hear the person you are with!

We used to love Al Forno, eating there more than once per trip. We were there a week ago, and I’m not sure if it was just an off day, but it was not good. It seems they have suffered a menu change this past year along with increased pricing. The sauce on the meatballs is now orange, a la chef boyardee, commonly found at other Italian restaurants in the parks. Such a big disappointment since we really enjoyed the food and looked forward to eating there all year.

Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club is one of my favorites and is not insanely expensive. I'm not a fan of seafood, but I have heard a lot of good things about Flying Fish as well. I'm not as proficient in the S/D restaurants, though we did eat at the poolside bar/grill, the Cabana Bar & Grill, and the food was actually really good. You're pretty safe with most of the options you'll find in the Epcot resort area.

If you're not set on Italian, I'd say Flying Fish. Hands down best meal we had last trip. I'm not a seafood fan, but my filet was better than I had at Shula's, and my DH's scallop dish was also fantastic. Highly recommend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter