Best Dining option after the end of a MK park day?

iKnowAguy

Sean Rogers - Dreams Unlimited Travel Agent
Hello Disney family! I'm wondering about any recommendations for a nice dining option after a day at The MK in the next few weeks. We are staying at the Yacht club if that helps any. My wife & I will be meeting up with some local friends. Does anyone like and recommend places such as; The Wave? Kona Cafe? Beaches and Cream? Ale & Compass? Or...? It will be on a Friday night around 5-6pm and we'd prefer to not go somewhere that will get a huge or loud crowd for Friday night so we can relax and talk with our friends. Thanks so much for any suggestion or tips!
Sean

Out of the four you mention, we liked The Wave the best. But never been to Kona Cafe sobthat might be better. Food tasty and it’s walkable from MK.

Thank you for the suggestion. Have you eaten dinner there and done so recently? What food there did your party enjoy or dislike. Thanks so much!

Of your list, I've only been to Beaches and Cream (2018) and it was okay. Fun diner atmosphere and I can see how it would be fun with friends. We though the food was average and the milkshakes were good, but nothing to write home about. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there again (we were staying at POFQ for our honeymoon and went over for lunch on our departure day), but if I were staying at Yacht Club like you are, I would be much more likely to try it out.

The Wave would be my recommendation for adult dining
Thank you. To me The Wave seems like an average basic menu for high end prices? Like $50-$60 a person if you include an appetizer, entree, soda, desert.

Thank you. To me The Wave seems like an average basic menu for high end prices? Like $50-$60 a person if you include an appetizer, entree, soda, desert.
Its definitely not 5 star dining - but the menu has more choices than many other restaurants on your list - and it’s the quietest place of those you have listed.

Any table service restaurant where you order drinks, appetizer, entree and dessert $50-60 is like average pricing.

We are doing beaches and cream. Idk it looked fun and we love ice cream. It would be fun to share a kitchen sink with friends.

I like Beaches and Cream but it can get loud and food wise, it’s just burgers and such - Kona has nice good but it’s crowded and loud - that’s why I clarified and said The Wave was my recommendation for an ADULT dinner...

I have not eaten at the Wave, but on our last trip in Nov my parents had dinner there with friends that they have not seen in many, many years. They said it was a great experience and the food was very good. They were not rushed and it was a really nice atmosphere to be able to reconnect. It was a last minute reservation so most other places were already booked but they said it worked out great.

We like the Grand Floridian Cafe. Ate there last week after park closed and it was delicious and not loud or crazy.

I have only heard good things of the Wave in the past year or so. We are staying at BLT and plan to eat dinner there one night after AK. If I can't get Chef Mickey's for breakfast on a DHS day, then we plan to do breakfast there too.

Well let me jump in and defend poor Kona! We’ve never found it overly crowded or loud. I act had my 40th—I mean, 29th—birthday dinner there. We’ve always liked everything we’ve had there, but I always get the fish. Desserts are always good too. Is personally rather linger at the Poly than anywhere on property. You can always move along to one of the many seating areas around the lobby—those are never crowded except right outside Ohana at dinner time. Or out to the beach. Or, even better, Trader Sams (well, if it’s open).

Although we’ve done both breakfast and dinner at the Wave, and while I find the decor to scream “abandoned office building,” the food has been good every time.

I’m still waiting to try Kona after many trips to DW. We love the wave, yeah maybe a touch dated. But always relaxing. My Hubbie and son have loved the steak, I think my FIL. Got pork leg, shank or something like that. I enjoy the crab cake appetizer. Other kiddo spaghetti. MIL. I think got salmon. I also love, love, love their potatoes. Kind of an Au gratin. Melt in your mouth

Beaches and Cream is a small restaurant. The food and desserts are good.
Kona seems like a small place also that was crowded when we were there. The food was pretty good .
I think I would go with the Wave. I have only had breakfast there, but they always have good reviews. I think it would be less crowded than the other 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter