Best Dining option after the end of a MK park day?

I’m still waiting to try Kona after many trips to DW. We love the wave, yeah maybe a touch dated. But always relaxing. My Hubbie and son have loved the steak, I think my FIL. Got pork leg, shank or something like that. I enjoy the crab cake appetizer. Other kiddo spaghetti. MIL. I think got salmon. I also love, love, love their potatoes. Kind of an Au gratin. Melt in your mouth

Hello and thank you for sharing your experience at the Wave. That is the place that my local friends suggested we go to. So it seems like most people have had good experiences there. Thanks again!

What about Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge? Nice, outdoor seating with a small but pretty tasty menu. Also has a decent drink selection. It’s more of a bar/lounge with food, but I think it’s a great place to gather and the ambiance is pretty wonderful right next to the water!
Thank you for the suggestion. Seeing as the parks close earlier it is a concern that the buses will stop an hour after park close so didn’t want to get stuck at WL. Perhaps we could get a Lyft or Uber though.

Thank you for the suggestion. Seeing as the parks close earlier it is a concern that the buses will stop an hour after park close so didn’t want to get stuck at WL. Perhaps we could get a Lyft or Uber though.
Maybe it's too early for me to think straight, but would you not have the same issue at any of the MK area restaurants?

Yesterday, we had dinner after park close at the Wave. It was the best meal we’ve had on the trip so far. As others have said, the off menu, Bacon & Eggs was excellent. The food was well prepared and we were not rushed in a relatively quiet setting. They also had a salmon entree special (I hot the steak), and while we weren’t hungry for dessert, they had the 7 layer cake from TOTWL. We got it to go, as several other patrons around us did the same. It was excellent and next time we won’t share it.

Glad to help when I have personal knowledge of a restaurant, as others have helped me.

Side note: we had 5 adult meals, about 2 years ago at Skipper Canteen and not one of us liked our meals. But others rave about it. So you never know. Didn’t care for Moroccan restaurant either. But the other 25+ restaurants at the parks and hotels have been excellent. Enjoy your time with friends !

I am excited to hear the reviews about The Wave. We have an ADR there in about 2 weeks, this will be our 1st time at this restaurant.
I’d like to hear more about this bacon and eggs appetizer. I wonder if they are still doing “off the menu” requests during this time of abbreviated menus right now.
TIA for any insight 😊

I am excited to hear the reviews about The Wave. We have an ADR there in about 2 weeks, this will be our 1st time at this restaurant.
I’d like to hear more about this bacon and eggs appetizer. I wonder if they are still doing “off the menu” requests during this time of abbreviated menus right now.
TIA for any insight 😊
I was there 3 weeks ago and they had multiple specials. App special was bacon & eggs (I’m still dreaming about this dish). Two entree specials but I can’t remember what they were. My husband and I ordered beef filets and they were prepared perfectly. They also had the 7 layer cake for dessert. Our server, Ron, was excellent! I can’t wait to go back. The atmosphere/ decor is unimpressive and definitely not uniquely Disney but that’s my only negative.

I was there 3 weeks ago and they had multiple specials. App special was bacon & eggs (I’m still dreaming about this dish). Two entree specials but I can’t remember what they were. My husband and I ordered beef filets and they were prepared perfectly. They also had the 7 layer cake for dessert. Our server, Ron, was excellent! I can’t wait to go back. The atmosphere/ decor is unimpressive and definitely not uniquely Disney but that’s my only negative.
Thank-you! We are excited

Glad to help when I have personal knowledge of a restaurant, as others have helped me.

Side note: we had 5 adult meals, about 2 years ago at Skipper Canteen and not one of us liked our meals. But others rave about it. So you never know. Didn’t care for Moroccan restaurant either. But the other 25+ restaurants at the parks and hotels have been excellent. Enjoy your time with friends !
I could never understand the great reviews about Skippers Canteen. We did not like the food there either.

The Wave is small, indoor, no windows, etc., like a hallway or big closet. During pandemic, I would not dine nor recommend going there. Actually Geyser Point sounds great--like dining outdoors, plenty of cross ventilation. If you want to eat indoors, of the ones mentioned, Grand Floridian Cafe is more open and airy, and seems so much safer than The Wave.

See where you can get a reservation. For a Friday night, in a few weeks, at a prime dining hour, your choices may be limited. Wave is usually available.

The Wave is small, indoor, no windows, etc., like a hallway or big closet. During pandemic, I would not dine nor recommend going there. Actually Geyser Point sounds great--like dining outdoors, plenty of cross ventilation. If you want to eat indoors, of the ones mentioned, Grand Floridian Cafe is more open and airy, and seems so much safer than The Wave.
I believe I read that the tables are distanced appropriately and they are also seating people in the lounge as an overflow area since the lounge is closed.

If you are worried about transportation back to your hotel, YC, another consideration is Swan & Dolphin restaurants.

Il Mulino, Shula's, Bluezoo, or Kimono's. I know you did not specifically mention those but something to consider during your visit.

:)

I vote for the Wave if you want indoor, sit down, adult dining. But we also really like Geyser Point if the weather is good. With construction at the Poly, it may be out of the question.

I would eat in the area where you are staying. There are plenty of options and it seems easier.

Enchanted Rose is a nice place to sit for drinks and visit if you are at the Grand. We have only been there once (pre-Covid) and it was not crowded or loud. Very adult type venue. We only had drinks and did not eat here. We have also visited with friends at Narcoossee's Bar area and eaten dinner afterwards.

Another vote for the Wave. Their adult beverages are very good there also. If MK is open until 7pm, the buses there will be available to take you back to the YC until at least 8:30. If you miss the bus, you can take a bus from the CR to Disney Springs, and transfer to a YC bus there to get back home.

This past Monday I had dinner at 6:15 at Liberty Tree Tavern. Great meal. Then I walked out of the park at about 7:15. Monorail was closed but they put me on an OKW bus which dropped the Polynesian guests at the TTC.

On Tuesday after DHS I had a late meal at Sanaa (scheduled for 7:30, meal actually happened at about 8:45 because I was late).

On Wednesday after closing down MK I had a small meal at the Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian. No wait, great service.

Alternate meals for me could have been Geyser Point or GF Cafe. I had a reservation at California Grill on Tuesday which I cancelled when I got a Sanaa reservation. How to get back to my resort? Monorail bus, walk, drive, or Disney Springs transfer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter