BEST Dinner show in Disney World??

;-)

Island tiki
We are booked at Spirit of Aloha show, but I'm reading horrid reviews! Wondering if I should change it over to something else? Any feedback is appreciated!!

Hoop Deee Doo FOR SURE. I've been to that probably 10 times in my life and it never gets old and sometimes they throw in some new jokes to keep you surprised. Also, pretty much any seat in the house is a good view and the performers come out into the crowd for audience participation segments.

The last time I did the Aloha show (many years, Mickey and Minnie were still involved so it's been A WHILE) and our seats were way far back so it was really hard to see sometimes. I've had friends and family do it more recently with similar complaints.

Reactions: ;-)
HDDR is our favourite for sure. We will be at Disney for my son's birthday and that is his only request. He has to do HDDR. The show is great and the food is really good!

Another vote here for Hoop Dee Doo! I expected to think it was a little corny, but I loved it!

Thanks everyone! Just changed it over to HDDR. Last time I saw this show I was 5, and still remember it vaguely and I remember giving my parents hell because I was cranky and tired..lol. I’m now 35 so I think it’s time to give it another go! I like the whole idea of SoA, but the reviews I’ve been reading have been saying the food is not good and the only good part of the show are the fire dancers. In any case I’m sure it’s no comparison to the luau we went to in Maui 2 years ago.

Thanks everyone! Just changed it over to HDDR. Last time I saw this show I was 5, and still remember it vaguely and I remember giving my parents hell because I was cranky and tired..lol. I’m now 35 so I think it’s time to give it another go! I like the whole idea of SoA, but the reviews I’ve been reading have been saying the food is not good and the only good part of the show are the fire dancers. In any case I’m sure it’s no comparison to the luau we went to in Maui 2 years ago.

True story:

I took my wife to see HDDR for the first time this past March, knowing she'd have a great time. Well, we both had an amazing time. At the end of the show, I thanked our server and told her that it was as much fun as the first time I had gone as a 9-year old in 1984. As it turns out, she told us that she had been serving there for 35 years. It was incredible to meet someone who was part of my experience as both a child and an adult. For me, the show was as good as ever. Hope you have as an amazing time as we did!

True story:

I took my wife to see HDDR for the first time this past March, knowing she'd have a great time. Well, we both had an amazing time. At the end of the show, I thanked our server and told her that it was as much fun as the first time I had gone as a 9-year old in 1984. As it turns out, she told us that she had been serving there for 35 years. It was incredible to meet someone who was part of my experience as both a child and an adult. For me, the show was as good as ever. Hope you have as an amazing time as we did!
That’s so cool!

Is Spirit of Aloha family style or buffet?

(Actually is there a list somewhere breaking down the ayce dining options this way, it's sometimes hard to tell. We do family style but not buffet and they always seem to be lumped together.)

Best dinner show in WDW; watching the over indulgers drinking around the world. Though admittedly, that won’t be for everyone & you don’t have to be eating to watch it.

Hoop Dee Doo! My entire family loves this dinner show and since my daughter was 8 years old it's been her favorite part of our trips!

My daughter is 8 and can’t wait for her to see it now! While we are on the subject—-what’s everyone’s Disney “must do” every trip?

I think if they reworked the show's story life would be better at SoA.

It def needs a better story as well as better food.

The food looked and tasted like what an Aramark cafeteria serves on Hawaiian Islands Day. And just try a third beer out of them. I dare you. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter