BEST Dinner show in Disney World??

I have a reservation for June for 6 people. My daughter and I cannot be embarrassed.....but the other 4 are shy males and I can't wait!:teeth::teeth::teeth:

Quick question..... I reserved stage...but I was wondering for the people that sit up in the balcony can all those people see the show?
I watched a video on youtube before I made reservations...and I reserved the stage floor because I couldn't tell the view quality. TIA

So funny. I do not like HDDR at all, but really like SoA !! I guess Im not in the majority. Reminds me of when I posted here years ago asking for an opinion on Trails End dinner. I got close to 100 replies, every one of them positive. I booked and went. Blllleechhhh!

I also like the BBQ! HDDR is just not for me.

I started to book HDDR for 2 and realized it would be much more fun with my whole party of 6. The food and unlimited alcohol helps......my husband loves yuengling.:yay:

I have a reservation for June for 6 people. My daughter and I cannot be embarrassed.....but the other 4 are shy males and I can't wait!:teeth::teeth::teeth:

Quick question..... I reserved stage...but I was wondering for the people that sit up in the balcony can all those people see the show?
I watched a video on youtube before I made reservations...and I reserved the stage floor because I couldn't tell the view quality. TIA

upload_2018-4-29_22-6-9.png

upload_2018-4-29_22-6-38.png

upload_2018-4-29_22-7-31.png

HOOP-DEE-DO-REVIEW TICKET AND SEATING "411":
1) HDDR tables are prioritized and assigned in each category by WHEN the ressie was made...

Huh, that’s really good information... I just assumed that I got really lucky when I went as a solo and got seats right next to the stage. I guess it was because I made a reservation first thing in the morning the day reservations became available.

We've done Spirit of Aloha our first trip in 2011 and Hoop Dee Doo in 2012, 2014, 2016, and again this fall 2018. As you can see, we like HDDR better! SoA wasn't bad, but our server wasn't good, the entertainment not quite as good as HDDR, and we like the food at HDDR better. Winter or Summer trips, HDDR has climate control. I would never book SoA December-February or May-September. I'd give HDDR an 'A' and SoA a "C+" Side note: If you've been to a luau in Hawaii already, I think you should do HDDR.

1) HDDR tables are prioritized and assigned in each category by WHEN the ressie was made
. . . whether via phone or on-line or in-person at WDW.
. . . example: a Cat-1 ressie made in January gets a better table than ressie made in February
. . . example: a Cat-1 ressie made within 7-days of the show gets Cat-1 leftovers
2) Tables are manually assigned on 8th day before the show date (we sit in the ticket booth in the afternoon and manually prepare the seating chart).
3) Last minute ressies are assigned to the next open table in order.
4) There are no requests allowed for specific tables.
5) The earlier ressies are made, the better table location.
6) Exception: tables #044 & #045, are kept for last minute handicapped guests.
7) Table numbers do have meaning,
. . . EXAMPLE: table #052
. . . 0 = floor-level
. . . 5 = fifth-row-from-front
. . . 2 = second-table-from-left (when facing the stage)
8) Tables may be moved around to accommodate number of guests.
9) Only one family/group is usually seated per table. *
10) Distribution of tables and categories, prior to any combining of tables.
. . . Cat-1 tables are main floor back to row8, they are the best seats
. . . Cat-2 tables are the seven tables in row9 on main floor
. . . Cat-2 tables are the last four on left/right wings
. . . Cat-2 tables are the eight rear balcony tables facing stage
. . . Cat-3 tables are the eight tables on both balcony sides
. . . Cat-2 and Cat-3 tables may have posts in the viewing way **
. . . Cat-3 tables frequently require one-half of the table to turn around to see
11) DDP Credit Use
. . . 4:00pm show = 2TS for Cat-2 and/or Cat-3, no Cat-1 using DDP credits
. . . 6:15pm show = 2TS for Cat-2 and/or Cat-3, no Cat-1 using DDP credits
. . . 8:30pm show = 2TS for Cat-1, Cat-2 and/or Cat-3
12) Ticket Pick-Up:
. . . up to 7-days prior to show date at any Resort Concierge Desk or any Park Guest Services
. . . within 2-hrs prior to show-time only at HDDR Box Office at Fort Wilderness
. . . box office windows are to the left of Pioneer Hall at FW
* There are four large tables for big families. If there are no big families (which seldom happens), they will mix small families of 2-4 to fill the tables. This allows HDDR to maximize the seating, and revenue. If there are more than one group at the table, each group has its own "family style" menu items.
** I have assigned seats for HDDR, and wince when I had to put folks behind pillars or have the pillars in their line-of-sight.
Very thorough, thank you!

We've done Spirit of Aloha our first trip in 2011 and Hoop Dee Doo in 2012, 2014, 2016, and again this fall 2018. As you can see, we like HDDR better! SoA wasn't bad, but our server wasn't good, the entertainment not quite as good as HDDR, and we like the food at HDDR better. Winter or Summer trips, HDDR has climate control. I would never book SoA December-February or May-September. I'd give HDDR an 'A' and SoA a "C+" Side note: If you've been to a luau in Hawaii already, I think you should do HDDR.
Good point about climate control...mid August crammed in there like a sardine at SoA would not be my idea of a good time. Funny how much I love Disney but I hate crowds...I go out of my way to avoid them, lol.

Huh, that’s really good information... I just assumed that I got really lucky when I went as a solo and got seats right next to the stage. I guess it was because I made a reservation first thing in the morning the day reservations became available.
And I just assumed they arrange table parties in the way they make sense, instead of following ADR’s! Who knew right

Good point about climate control...mid August crammed in there like a sardine at SoA would not be my idea of a good time. Funny how much I love Disney but I hate crowds...I go out of my way to avoid them, lol.

ha! Agreed! In fairness to SoA, we did go in mid/end-July, so the humidity probably dampened our fun a little. (pun intended!)

Reactions: ;-)
Third beer, I wouldn't know about but the last time we did this the server put me on the express lane with the sangria. Put a 10 spot under the glass and the next few were in water glasses.

* There are four large tables for big families. If there are no big families (which seldom happens), they will mix small families of 2-4 to fill the tables. This allows HDDR to maximize the seating, and revenue. If there are more than one group at the table, each group has its own "family style" menu items.
** I have assigned seats for HDDR, and wince when I had to put folks behind pillars or have the pillars in their line-of-sight.

I made HDDR reservations on the very first day (180th day out) for my family of 6, Category 1, paid in FULL!! What are the chances of our getting stuck behind a pole? Reservations were made early morning Sept 12, 2019 for March 10, 2020. Our son-in-law is celebrating a birthday and we wanted to make sure we had good seating. Thanks in advance for your response!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter