Best Disney "Splurge"?

Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by pkrieger2287, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Valeep

Valeep Mouseketeer

Similar to the Sunset but a little better is the Wanyama safari at AKL. It starts with small bites prior to your tour and safari and then finishes with a wine paired dinner with your tour group at Jiko. This used to be available exclusively to AKL guests but opened to all guest in the past year or so.

Another fun but different experience is the horse drawn carriage ride at Fort Wilderness. In the fall they do the Sleepy Hollow storytelling!

larissawbb and pkrieger2287 like this.
  2. RajunCajun

RajunCajun AP holder from DFW

I've dined at V&A's 3x times now. Twice in the QV room and once in main dining. It's been a great experience every time. Prices are listed online and they can tell you how much it will be (+ tax, sans gratuity) over the phone if you call in. I really only recommend this is you're truly foodies. While I don't mean to sound crass, if you and your wife are more of the burger and a beer type then I would recommend a 7:30 pm California Grill reservation and a nice tour such as keys to the kingdom or sunset safari. A couples massage at Grand Flo would be something to consider as well.

If you do stick with V&A, the QV room is something to consider. It has 4 tables so it's really intimate. In this room, it's 10 course tastings only. You have the option of doing 7 & 10 in the main dining so I'd opt for QV if going 10. If you do main dining, I recommend requesting a table next to the harpist. It was great tip I received from the manager from the previous visit. Lastly, you can request a kitchen tour. I recommend it. you'll get to meet either chef scott, aimee and/or matt. great group.

larissawbb and pkrieger2287 like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. pkrieger2287

pkrieger2287 Disney Dreamer

We have and actually just found one available yesterday!

5. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom <font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha

That's the one I meant-not Sunset, the Wanyama Safari. When I got a bonus at work, I did it. Then a few years' later, I got a bonus, and there was no question about what I'd do with the money-immediately I wanted to do the Wanyama Safari again.

pkrieger2287 likes this.
  6. precious pixie

precious pixie DIS Veteran

I agree with RajunCajun on V&A. I’ll also add that it is a long meal which some people don’t expect. I definitely loved it!

Jiko is also one of my favorite places to eat. It is a must for me every trip. The food and wines are great - I have never had a meal I didn’t enjoy. The view of the Savannah is pretty great too.

pkrieger2287 likes this.
  7. MickeyReeds

MickeyReeds Mouseketeer

My parents did this in December and LOVED it!

pkrieger2287 likes this.
  8. pkrieger2287

pkrieger2287 Disney Dreamer

We're staying at AKL so this may be a possibility!

9. NYIrunDisney

NYIrunDisney Mouseketeer

Victoria and Albert’s. Hands down.

10. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

Wild Africa Trek is great