pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
No need for a wonderful pool - we would be 2 older adults sans children
A refrigerator in the room would be a nice perk
queen bed is fine
Not on the bed bug registry s a must

Transportation - yes it would have to be a 4 star rating
Nice price - Under $175 a night
Time frame is early May or early November for 10 nights.

Suggestions?

Thank you

Disney Springs hotels all share the same shuttle bus system so no one has an up.

All are walkable to Disney Springs but it's linear so some are farther than others.

My favorites are Doubletree Suites (kitchenette) and B Resort (fridge). Doubletree is the farthest but a nice two room suite, very well done, stayed many times and never a bad trip. B Resort was completely renovated a few years ago with a very boutique adult feel, great amenities and eats, rooms are very relaxing.

Have also stayed Buena Vista Palace (just completing a rehab), Hilton (in need of rehab) and what is now Wyndham Garden (no way, the rooms are shoeboxes).

Check each rate plus look for parking and resort fees, most have both, some have only one. There can be a wide range of rates for each hotel depending on time of year and special offers. Check direct with resort, via http://disneyspringshotels.com/ and Mousesavers under their Preferred Hotels page.

How far is the B resort to Disney Springs ?
Relaxing walk to Disney Store in Disney Springs ?
Miles ?

The hotel looks great from their website?

Do any rooms at the B resort have a balcony?

What is the difference from the Tower and the Island rooms?

Thank you

How far is the B resort to Disney Springs ?
Relaxing walk to Disney Store in Disney Springs ?
Miles ?

The hotel looks great from their website?

Do any rooms at the B resort have a balcony?

What is the difference from the Tower and the Island rooms?

Thank you

Easy walk and then cross over pedestrian bridge, maybe 10 minutes.

The tower rooms doors slide slightly open but you can not go out on the "juliet" balcony. We have had these a few times. You may get a great fireworks view, or get highway view.

The island rooms are the lower part that wraps the pool area. They all have hallway doors and then sliding doors. Some open to parking lot, some to pool patios that are enclosed and furnished and the upper floor has balconies with furniture. Stayed in all. The pool patio rooms were really nice.

You can see the balcony with furniture.

b-resort-pool-1024x415.jpg

Patio room

b-resort-spa.jpg

Tower, those are not usable balconies.

B-Resort-Spa-Orlando-e1427771342543.jpg

I like being on a lower level - so we would request 2nd floor of the island section
No preference to pool or parking lot

I believe the Best Western Lake Buena Vista has balconies, this hotel will be one of the longest walks to Disney Springs, though.

I believe the Best Western Lake Buena Vista has balconies, this hotel will be one of the longest walks to Disney Springs, though.

And if you don't mind a small balcony, Buena Vista Palace has them, some with fireworks view.

view-from-balcony-26th.jpg

I agree with most of what HopperFan says here. The DoubleTree Suites is my favorite of the bunch. I've also had several great stays at the Holiday Inn Disney Springs. I can't comment on the B Resort & Spa, as I haven't stayed there since it was rebranded.

Skip the Hilton Lake Buena Vista unless you can get a tremendous deal. It's an average hotel with less-than average employees. The Hilton Buena Vista Palace is on my "do not return" list because the room I had on my last stay was shockingly dirty. They are renovating, but recent Trip Advisor reviews still show dirty rooms as an issue.

Transportation - yes it would have to be a 4 star rating

The transportation system for the Disney Springs Hotels is decent, but not as good as an on-site Disney Resort. That said, it's leaps and bounds better than most off-site hotels that only have a few trips each day. At the Disney Springs Hotels, it's every 30 minutes.

Here's the flyer given at check-in. Ask questions, if you have them.

dspringshotels-shuttles-may2016-front-600x900-small.jpg

dspringshotels-shuttles-may2016-back-600x900-small.jpg

If you're a map person, here's a Bing Map of the hotels as they relate to Disney Springs. Click on the link to view thee map in Aerial or "Bird's Eye".

disneysprings-hotels-labels.jpg

Link to Bing Maps: https://binged.it/2yfpHqf

I agree with most of what HopperFan says here. The DoubleTree Suites is my favorite of the bunch. I've also had several great stays at the Holiday Inn Disney Springs. I can't comment on the B Resort & Spa, as I haven't stayed there since it was rebranded.

Skip the Hilton Lake Buena Vista unless you can get a tremendous deal. It's an average hotel with less-than average employees. The Hilton Buena Vista Palace is on my "do not return" list because the room I had on my last stay was shockingly dirty. They are renovating, but recent Trip Advisor reviews still show dirty rooms as an issue.

The transportation system for the Disney Springs Hotels is decent, but not as good as an on-site Disney Resort. That said, it's leaps and bounds better than most off-site hotels that only have a few trips each day. At the Disney Springs Hotels, it's every 30 minutes.

Here's the flyer given at check-in. Ask questions, if you have them.

dspringshotels-shuttles-may2016-front-600x900-small.jpg

dspringshotels-shuttles-may2016-back-600x900-small.jpg

If you're a map person, here's a Bing Map of the hotels as they relate to Disney Springs. Click on the link to view thee map in Aerial or "Bird's Eye".

disneysprings-hotels-labels.jpg

Link to Bing Maps: https://binged.it/2yfpHqf

We both agree that DoubleTree Suites is probably the best value there for the room, space, decor and cost. Some rates will include a continental breakfast. The dining is nothing special but Disney Springs for sure has that covered quite well.

We have different second favorites but I wouldn't hesitate to take his advice to try Holiday Inn.

Following on this as I think we will stay our first night off property since we will be arriving later in the day.

Since this a fairly recent thread-
Are the bunk beds in B resort family room big enough for average size teens/tweens? We really only need one night prior to our timeshare check in. Kids are about 5 foot and 5'5". With my credit card rewards through Orbitz I can get a really good deal on that room...

Can you hang towels outside on the tower balconies to dry ?
Thanks

Can you hang towels outside on the tower balconies to dry ?

Assuming you're talking about the B Resort and Spa balconies, I'd bet money that the hotel will not let you hang anything on the railing. Most hotels will say it doesn't look good and there's the potential risk of having the towel fall to the ground.

Whether allowed or not, it's probably not the best way to dry a towel. The railings probably never get cleaned. Plus, outside of winter, the high humidity here in Florida means the towel probably might not get completely dry.

I’ve stayed at the Holiday Inn 100+ times, the Hilton ~20 times, and the Hilton Buena Vista Palace once. I would personally recommend all 3. The two Hiltons have a very short walk to Disney Springs, and the Holiday Inn is around a 10 minute walk. Bus transportation at all DS resorts is pretty bad in my opinion, and doesn’t compare to the official Disney bus system.

All 3 can be had for $100 - $125 during low attendance times. I’ve seen the Holiday Inn as low as $85.

I found out the Holiday INN has a keurig machine in each hotel room
A plus for us - we would ship keurig pods down the the Holiday Inn.
Also a mini-refrigerator and I think a microwave another plus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter