Best Disney Springs restaurant for a solo diner for Friday night dinner

aschwarz

Mouseketeer
Hi friends!

Going to be in Orlando this week for work and I might have the night free on Friday night - thinking to head to Disney Springs for dinner, but I'm not sure where to go!

I'd like to be able to try and not make a reservation in advance since my plans are still up in the air, but can make one and then change it if needed.

What restaurants would you recommend for a solo diner on a Friday night? For reference, my husband and I are fans of/have eaten at together: Morimoto Asia, Raglan Road, House of Blues, The Boathouse, and Paradiso 37...and others I'm probably forgetting about!

I've never been to Disney (Springs) solo so wanted to see if you all have any recs! Thank you!!

The bar at Raglan Road or at the Boathouse would be fun to eat at. Outside table at Paradiso or at frontera.
Thank you! I've always shied away from eating at bars (especially solo) because I'm a very shy person, so I feel like a sit-down situation might be better for me, but I am definitely excited to see which vibe I'm feeling!

For Quick Service options, I would recommend D-Lux Burger or Polite Pig. As a solo diner, I really like that these restaurants provide you with a pager/locator to deliver your food at the table -- eliminating the need to search for a table with a full tray of food. Also, Homecoming has a take-out window as well, but the menu is limited. The Homecoming bar looks like a nice, friendly area for a solo diner. For dessert, I would head to Amorette's or Ghiradelli. Have a great time on your solo adventure.

For Quick Service options, I would recommend D-Lux Burger or Polite Pig. As a solo diner, I really like that these restaurants provide you with a pager/locator to deliver your food at the table -- eliminating the need to search for a table with a full tray of food. Also, Homecoming has a take-out window as well, but the menu is limited. The Homecoming bar looks like a nice, friendly area for a solo diner. For dessert, I would head to Amorette's or Ghiradelli. Have a great time on your solo adventure.
Thank you so much! I've never tried any of these (well, except for Ghirardelli at DL!) so I will definitely take a look. :)

Thank you! I've always shied away from eating at bars (especially solo) because I'm a very shy person, so I feel like a sit-down situation might be better for me, but I am definitely excited to see which vibe I'm feeling!

I am a big introvert myself, but I’ve grown to like eating at the bar. At Disney Springs in particular, I really enjoy grabbing a seat at Homecomin or Raglan Road. I go to Orlando for work a bunch, and these places have been good to me - no reservation needed, just the right amount of attention. I usually bring a book or my tablet, further ensuring I’ll be left in peace.

I am a big introvert myself, but I’ve grown to like eating at the bar. At Disney Springs in particular, I really enjoy grabbing a seat at Homecomin or Raglan Road. I go to Orlando for work a bunch, and these places have been good to me - no reservation needed, just the right amount of attention. I usually bring a book or my tablet, further ensuring I’ll be left in peace.
Thanks so much! I'm pretty comfortable eating on my own - I guess I've never tried eating at the bar for fear of having to be surrounded by groups/make small talk with people that a table just feels safer and quieter. But I'm relieved that a fellow introvert has had good experiences with both places. Thank you for sharing :)

Thanks so much! I'm pretty comfortable eating on my own - I guess I've never tried eating at the bar for fear of having to be surrounded by groups/make small talk with people that a table just feels safer and quieter. But I'm relieved that a fellow introvert has had good experiences with both places. Thank you for sharing :)

Let us know where you ended up going. I have an ADR at Terralina when I am solo in September.

I'm also going to recommend Raglan Road for TS. The thing I liked when I dined there solo was that there was entertainment. It was nice to be there while the dancers were performing because I felt like everyone was busy watching them and not me dining alone. ( I know deep down no one was going to be watching me but I'm a bit introverted and felt a bit self-conscious the first couple of solo trips )

Hi all! As a quick update, I ended up having a morning free instead of an evening, so instead of going to Disney Springs, I visited the Grand Floridian Cafe for a solo breakfast and a quick trip on the monorail. I highly recommend this for solo diners - my server was lovely and the restaurant was peaceful and quiet. Plus, who can resist the allure of a Mickey waffle covered in banana and caramel cream!?

Thank you for the great suggestions and I'll keep them in mind for the future if I end up solo around the Disney area again! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter