• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Downtown Disney resort?

Snowwark

DIS Veteran
I would love to hear some opinions on which one of the Downtown Disney resorts everyone thinks is the best/nicest.

I may have an opportunity to take a spur of the moment WDW trip in a couple of weeks, and would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you.

Kim :)

Your best choices are probably the Hilton and Royal Plaza, unless the Courtyard or one of the others has a much better price. I've heard good things about both, but I've never stayed in either. I have stayed at the Palace (years ago!), and it's also a nice property, though I have read a handful of poor trip reports about it in the last few months. Reports on the Courtyard, Grosvenor, and Best Western are mixed, with many guests reporting they are nice for what they paid, but (apparently) not up to WDW standards. Of course, I've even heard a few complaints about the Polynesian (!), so take that into consideration.

I'm sure others will have firsthand information. Have a great trip!

I have stayed at the hotel royal plaza last Feb and Wyndham this past Sept and i really like the hotel royal plaza better. was treated nicer there.
mrsmom
Allstar resort Dec 95'
Holiday Inn sunspree resort Oct 98"
Westgate lakes resort Sept 2000
Hotel Royal plaza Feb 2001
Wyndham Palace and spa Sept 2001
Westgate lakes resort June 2002

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter