Best DVC Hotel for the Holiday Season

DisneyQueen1320

DIS Veteran
What's the best DVC hotel to stay during the Christmas season? I'm thinking of going Dec 2014, this will be my first Dec trip.

I know it's far, but I can't wait. :cool1:

We loved our stay at the VWL during the Christmas season. The huge tree in the lobby and the christmas touches around the resort make it really special.

You should understand that you may not have much a choice. At 7 months out, Christmas time can be very difficult to get at any near park resort and thus your options, unless you own at one of those near park resorts and reserve 11 months out, may be limited to OKW, SSR, and AKV savanna or standard view and even AKV might have some issues.

That said, we prefer Christmas at one of our home resorts, BWV or AKV (and Jambo for Christmas week, huge tree in the lobby and a band NYE).

What's the best DVC hotel to stay during the Christmas season? I'm thinking of going Dec 2014, this will be my first Dec trip.

Because of the high demand of the season, the best DVC hotel is probably the one where you have an 11 month booking priority.

If you're renting and can have a choice of all of them, I heard VWL is very popular due to the Christmas Tree in the lobby.

We're staying at BLT this Nov/Dec because that's where we own, and the close proximity to MK. We are hoping to get into the parties and watch fireworks from TOTWL.

When finished I would say Grand Floridian. From the moment you walk into the lobby you are completly engulfed in Christmas. 2nd would be the whole Boardwalk area:santa:

Although the tree in the WL is impressive and very festive our favorite is the Boardwalk. Love the carousel, gingerbread house and decorations. :goodvibes

Agree with PP that December is difficult to switch at 7 months and will be limited. Make sure to book at your home resort at 11 months. If you are agreeable to a split stay you have better chance to get something at 7 months.

We loved our Christmas at OKW, but that was because the whole family went, and the space is awesome for Christmas dinner - we each had our own 2 bedroom unit, but we all got together in ours for dinner - 14 people and plenty of room to spare - no matter where you get a room, it is nice to just go and visit all of the resorts to admire the decorations, they are all beautiful and unique!:goodvibes

"Best" is a value-term whose criteria only you know. In terms of decorations and feeling immersed in the whole fireplace-inspired, homey, Christmas spirit, VWL is difficult to beat. Further, you easily can walk to FW and take in the decorations many of the RVers put up that are fun and festive. That being said, as others have suggested, if you don't own at VWL, getting in at the 7-month point will be a tough challenge. Reserve your own resort at 11 months, then come 7 months out, waitlist, and hope for the best. Good luck with your choice. :thumbsup2

The best atmosphere I think is WLV hands down.

But any of the resort would be good. We enjoy BWV as well.
I have a love hate relationship with BLT. Don't enjoy the decor but love love love the location. During Xmas season they are decorated pretty good. But atmosphere-wise you can't beat WLV.

Because of the high demand of the season, the best DVC hotel is probably the one where you have an 11 month booking priority.

I was going to say exactly the same thing. Your home resort. Then at seven months out see if there is something else you can book.

The deluxe resorts have the biggest budget and best decorations. The DVC resorts not as much.

VWL is always a favorite as is BWV and BCV. Jambo would be next, followed by SSR, OKW, Kidani, and BLT.

VWL, BWV, BCV, and Jambo are co-located resorts so you get the benefit of the deluxe decorations. VGF will be added to this list when it's completed.

:earsboy: Bill

My favorite for Christmas is BLT for its proximity to MK because MK is Christmas at WDW to me. You are also on the monorail so it is easy to hop to several other resorts to enjoy their decorations like Gf which is especially wonderfully decorated for the holidays and is a must see. WLV is a short boat ride away. My 2nd fave is BWV which is just gorgeous for Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter