Best face mask for Disney?

My wife got me a 3-pack of the Adidas masks. To date, they are my favorite masks. I only go to the grocery store about once every 10-14 days, and I'm usually done in 50-60 minutes. But even an hour in the Adidas mask is very warm. I just think that's the nature of any mask. That being said, it is a vast improvement over my prior mask, which made me want to pass out after 30 minutes.

Overall, the mask itself is great. It goes up to where my glasses sit on my nose, fully covers the under the chin, and is snug.

I also did a pre-order of the Under Armour mask. It arrives the end of August. It's supposed to be better than all the masks in the linked article above. I'll report back once I have one. The first run of the Under Armour masks sold out in about an hour (this was in May or June).
I just looked at the adidas masks . I thought they looked like they would be hot. I will go check out under armour.

Oh wow sounds like you are a pro at making masks! I will definitely look for a pattern. I’m not very good at sewing but could try.
I taught myself during the pandemic. If I can, anyone can.
There are tons of free patterns (I am going to try the Jesse Mask talked about above next) on the internet. Between that and youtube I was able to figure them out pretty quickly.

I taught myself during the pandemic. If I can, anyone can.
There are tons of free patterns (I am going to try the Jesse Mask talked about above next) on the internet. Between that and youtube I was able to figure them out pretty quickly.
I tried to make one last night watching YouTube with a T-shirt. That was a fail 😂. It was one you made without sewing.

I find single-layer cotton masks to be the most comfortable and breathable. Here is a link to some we bought on Etsy; I also like that they fold small enough to fit easily in my wallet, so I never forget it and always have somewhere to put it when not in use.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/818463...plaid-thin?ref=shop_home_active_3&pro=1&frs=1
I was thinking cotton would be the most comfortable. Would the one layer be safe enough to protect from coronavirus?

I was at the park this morning at 8:45 with family left around 12:30. I wear a N95 because it is the best choice for me at work. This is the 1st time I have worn it for significant time outside in the heat. Quite frankly it was not to bad. Of course while my family does, I do not go all day at the parks 4 hours probably my limit but it worked quite well for me today. My $ .02

I was thinking cotton would be the most comfortable. Would the one layer be safe enough to protect from coronavirus?
No mask except possibly an official N95 mask will protect you from Coronavirus. A mask protects other people from you if you have it. A mask will not protect you if someone else has the virus and you breathe in the virus from them..

I find single-layer cotton masks to be the most comfortable and breathable. Here is a link to some we bought on Etsy; I also like that they fold small enough to fit easily in my wallet, so I never forget it and always have somewhere to put it when not in use.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/818463...plaid-thin?ref=shop_home_active_3&pro=1&frs=1

Disney updated their website to say no bandannas or gaiters, and that masks need to have two layers. Who knows if they will actually be checking the number of layers though. And pp is right, no cloth mask will prevent you from being infected It helps a little but its more effective at preventing you from infecting others.

edit: for those looking for a cool mask, buying breathable, cooling gaiters and making two layer masks may be the way to go. That's what I'm going to try. Thought I was done buying gaiters, sunk a lot of money in them already!

Last edited:
I have tried a couple different types of masks, and I think that the surgical masks seem like they fit me the most. They are a little more comfortable compared to a mask I got at Target.

Costco has 32 degree cool masks which are not too bad and feel quite cool to the skin. 8 pack for $24. Very breathable. Sizing can be an issue. I am a normal size women (size 10). The adult mask fits me, not keen on the loops for the ears but tolerable. My husband can wear them for short periods of time with no complaints. He is larger than me but not a big guy. I can see the sizing being an issue With larger people but overall a good mask, no slippage that I have experienced. They also have the masks in children’s sizes 8 for $21.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!